Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:49 PM Reply

So yeah , straight to the point.

Does anyone has experience on performing on foreign countries? Im talking about general advice as well information about immigration permits , taxes , visas and all that annoying legal stuff.

I have been investigating on the web but i wanted to hear a musician´s opinion because all these permits and interviews are expensive as hell and i don´t want to screw it up lol

Music is my passion , not my business.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Well. I don't really know what you want or what you want to learn with this. People talk weird yeah? You probably knew that already. I could help if you were going to norway maybe. So specify which country you're going to maybe? Good luck out there man

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 09:09 PM, Buoy wrote: So specify which country you're going to maybe? Good luck out there man

USA , It´s not official yet but i wanted to start investigating. I already have a tourist visa (B1) but i read that if want to perform and get some money you gotta go for a special visa but it´s damn confusing.

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Also i dont know why the hell my computer is typing weird charecters like (don´t , ´´´´´ couldn´t ) so yeah i am sorry lol

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 09:15 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: Also i dont know why the hell my computer is typing weird charecters like (donÃ'´t , Ã'´Ã'´Ã'´Ã'´Ã'´ couldnÃ'´t ) so yeah i am sorry lol

i know the feeling man

and I'm sorry I can't provide anything but shitty unneccessary emotional support. I know nothing of these things ^____^

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 8/18/12 09:14 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: USA , ItÃ'´s not official yet but i wanted to start investigating. I already have a tourist visa (B1) but i read that if want to perform and get some money you gotta go for a special visa but itÃ'´s damn confusing.

All I know is, US policies on people coming here are extremely complex, time consuming, and bothersome... even on just a Visa. I know some folks who moved here from Great Britain and they had to wait months just to get permission to come over or something like that.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 10:10 PM Reply

get paid in cash and under the table, fuck the law

blame obama

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

At 8/18/12 10:10 PM, jpbear wrote: get paid in cash and under the table, fuck the law

blame obama

seriously, this.
unless it's a big gig or you're touring with bigger artists under a label or whatever then who would even notice?

p.s. i am gay

Blackhole12
Blackhole12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Remember that our TSA will treat you like a terrorist if you look funny. Or if you look at them funny. Or you burp.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 09:09 PM Reply

Not screwing up means being specific. What country are you talking about specifically?

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Playing live on foreign country tip Aug. 21st, 2012 @ 05:21 AM Reply

Usually for taxes there is a low limit under which you don't need a permit or to declare the income. Each country has it's specifics.
Also, getting gigs by yourself it's maybe not easy. Getting those through a manager will ease the job, take care of papers and easy your pockets too (ok, the last one is not really good).
In some countries, if you specify "for cultural reasons" you get the visa easier and faster and you can get gigs too.

All depends on which country you want to visit. Different countries = different laws.