New Topic Respond to this Topic
DesoPL
DesoPL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Do listen to your own music? Aug. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

I'm listening to my first tracks only to check If I improved from that time .

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Artist
Response to Do listen to your own music? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 02:34 AM Reply

I do listen to my music, because obviously me and the guy who wrote it are on the same wavelength.

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
Trampzy
Trampzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Do listen to your own music? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

mmmm........ sorta....
Basically by the time I've finished mastering I've heard the song more than 100 times, so the repetition starts to get annoying. But as in listening to songs out of the creative period... Sometimes because I usually remember that I did something that interested me in one of my songs that I want to check out. But it is fun to go back and compare your mastering abilities with the new and old.
I'd love to go back to all of my old favorite songs that I made and remaster them all in a few years. :3

Ectohelix
Ectohelix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Do listen to your own music? Aug. 24th, 2012 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 8/18/12 05:44 AM, DJVI wrote: So do you listen to your own music and why?

I listen to my own stuff, then listen to what other's make... which is usually 10x better. I do this to hopefully try and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Since "You suck" is hardly constructive criticism, I have no formal education in the software I'm using, and I might be creative but new on HOW to be creative (good methods).

So, I'm left with the only option of being my own worst critic, trying to reverse engineer the methods others use for composition, mixing, and sound 'blending'.

It'd be so much easier if I had a mentor or a study buddy (to learn/use Ableton Live with), but we do what we can with the cards we're dealt.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.