New Topic Respond to this Topic
NinjaGuy
NinjaGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

I want to make something of myself in terms of music, I'm pretty good at guitar, and I'm not too good at singing, but I want to improve and really do something, make money playing, its what I've always wanted to do. I don't know how really, I just know its much easier with a group, and I have to get myself out there, so I was thinking, I would really like to play with a group. I'm into the idea of working with people over newgrounds since there are a lot of talented musicians on this website. I wanted to know if it would be appropriate to record and submit a guitar demo of some of my skills, and varying style abilities, as a voice actor would submit their range of vocal personas.

BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 02:04 PM, NinjaGuy wrote: I wanted to know if it would be appropriate to record and submit a guitar demo of some of my skills, and varying style abilities, as a voice actor would submit their range of vocal personas.

For me it would. It's good that you want to branch out. Are you wanting to join a local group in your area, or are you thinking more of collaborating with other artists here on Newgrounds?

Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
NinjaGuy
NinjaGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 02:15 PM, Bosa wrote:
At 8/17/12 02:04 PM, NinjaGuy wrote: I wanted to know if it would be appropriate to record and submit a guitar demo of some of my skills, and varying style abilities, as a voice actor would submit their range of vocal personas.
For me it would. It's good that you want to branch out. Are you wanting to join a local group in your area, or are you thinking more of collaborating with other artists here on Newgrounds?

for now, I just want to collaborate with artists on Newgrounds, I've made steps to work with groups in my town, and thats not really getting anywhere, a lot of the time its just that they aren't as interested in making music as I am, and we usually cover everything we play. I want to change that, and thanks for your response on the demo question I had.

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 02:17 PM, NinjaGuy wrote: for now, I just want to collaborate with artists on Newgrounds, I've made steps to work with groups in my town, and thats not really getting anywhere, a lot of the time its just that they aren't as interested in making music as I am, and we usually cover everything we play. I want to change that, and thanks for your response on the demo question I had.

If I were you, I'd consider putting up your track with some ideas/improv/whatever, post a link in the audio advertisement thread, join the NG skype chat and ask around if anyone would be willing to collaborate on a track, and if you don't have immediate results (which will most likely happen), go looking through some songs on NG in the style you want to produce and if you find one with vocals, ask that vocalist. Collabs are normally only on 1-3 works, but I've seen people collab on almost every work they do with another person.

Largest bit of advice- if you want to collab, find someone and just ask. There's nothing to loose from asking... worse they can do is say no, second worst is say no and give you a few names of vocalists or whoever might be interested in collaborating. The AP is close-knit enough many people know who is looking for who.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Lone-X
Lone-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

It may be a hard road to go, Ninjaguy, but I wish you the best of luck! The world needs more music!

Peace and love,
Lone X

Our music will change the world...

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

We have a great community here that can help you out! Join teh skype group.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to I want to finally go somewhere Aug. 19th, 2012 @ 07:44 AM Reply

At 8/17/12 07:35 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: We have a great community here that can help you out! Join teh skype group.

Didn't even know there was a skype group. u learn smthn new every day. (I don't; I just say that)

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature