New Topic Respond to this Topic
X-fighter
X-fighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
My frst game need help upload! Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 10:13 PM Reply

I have a game i'm creating called atropos chronicle and I wanted to release a little demo but it was made in rpg maker vx so when I try to submit it newgrounds only accepts a certain file type
People who use rpg maker vx should know what I mean when I can't change the file type of the game so how do i save it???

~Saiyans are the BEST

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to My frst game need help upload! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 01:27 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 10:13 PM, X-fighter wrote: I have a game i'm creating called atropos chronicle and I wanted to release a little demo but it was made in rpg maker vx so when I try to submit it newgrounds only accepts a certain file type
People who use rpg maker vx should know what I mean when I can't change the file type of the game so how do i save it???

You can't. You can't just use any old editor, you have to use Flash or something that creates SWF files. RPG maker files can't be played online, they much be downloaded and I'm pretty sure only work on a windows machine.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
FearzTruth
FearzTruth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My frst game need help upload! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 01:28 AM Reply

What you'd need to do is get it in a flash format. This would involve getting all of your resources into flash. You'll need to completely redo the programing as well, which if you did the scripting for that should be difficult but not as bad as from scratch. However if you can't get your resources from the game, you are out of luck.