Be a Supporter!

Looking For Love At Bars?

  • 1,119 Views
  • 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Seattle1234
Seattle1234
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 00:00:58 Reply

Would you say a club/bar is a good/bad place to try and find somebody to settle down with and start a committed relationship with? What are your personal views on it?

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 00:02:25 Reply

Hard to say, I'd lean to no. You can get someones number and it can go from there, but usually you are looking at casual sex at most.

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 00:33:19 Reply

I think he's trying to say that pretty much anywhere else is better than a bar/club.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 00:39:31 Reply

Of course not, a bar is where you go for a one night stand

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 00:40:30 Reply

Dunno, gimme a few days I'll let you know.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Haoie
Haoie
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 04:57:49 Reply

Not love, but the next best thing.


If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 04:59:28 Reply

A club is a good place to find a guy to fuck real quick, nothing serious though


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
cosbec
cosbec
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 05:58:41 Reply

At 8/16/12 04:59 AM, Xenomit wrote: A club is a good place to find a guy to fuck real quick, nothing serious though

Not necessarily. I don't know why any meeting location has to be defined as a ONS pick up or destined for True Love. I've know people who meet at clubs and get married, and other people that pick up ONSs at the library.

Each to their own. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 06:05:06 Reply

You can find someone to fall in love with almost anywhere, the problem with bars / clubs though is the fact that lots of people go there to get laid, as such people there would sort of have the "Oh look someone talking to me I bet he wants to just have a shag" mindset, as a result the person would likely not be as open about such things and would either keep their distance due to not wanting sex or be up for sex and not looking for a relationship.

With that said though people do indeed still find a lover from such places, my mother found someone when she was at live music bar place and has been happy since moving in together etc.

But yea, overall the real problem is that so many people use clubs and bars for sex, hard to just have a nice talk with someone there without them thinking you are just wanting to get in their pants.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 06:06:55 Reply

Well I met my current girlfriend at a bar, and we've been together for nearly 2 years now, so I guess it's possible.


New tune: Yag

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 11:36:39 Reply

There's always love behind these bars, even when you don't want it.

Looking For Love At Bars?


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 11:52:20 Reply

Yeah....
No, I wouldn't go there personally.

kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 13:17:57 Reply

fuck no that's too mainstream, i only like meeting love at nuclear testing fields.


ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
Blazejsg
Blazejsg
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 13:22:18 Reply

At 8/16/12 12:00 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: Would you say a club/bar is a good/bad place to try and find somebody to settle down with and start a committed relationship with? What are your personal views on it?

Lol, only people who want to find sex craved human beings go there for "love."
Besides the atmosphere inside a bar is just horrible.


BBS Signature
NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 13:51:50 Reply

I'm not old enough to say for sure, but from what my impression is, I would say they aren't very good places because it seems like people go there just for fun and shallow hookups. But it could happen! I'd rather find someone at a normal place though. Well.. I might not be a good source for this since I tend to scare people off. #gothkid

NmW


Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
kiwi-kiwi
kiwi-kiwi
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 13:53:13 Reply

At 8/16/12 12:00 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: Would you say a club/bar is a good/bad place to try and find somebody to settle down with and start a committed relationship with? What are your personal views on it?

Bars are for pussies, true love experts look for love on the internet

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 13:56:06 Reply

The kind of people drawn to those places aren't interested in long term love. Most are looking for a good time.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Jeff-Teh-Great
Jeff-Teh-Great
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 14:57:25 Reply

Places like that are more for people looking for hook-ups rather than serious commitments.

saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 15:27:19 Reply

My cousin met his wife at a bar. They went to the DR for their honeymoon.
they were never heard from again
I'd advise against it, but then again I'm a kissless virgin

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 15:59:28 Reply

have you tried your local womans prison and the dates for conjugal visits?

CheapTrick
CheapTrick
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-16 20:04:06 Reply

At 8/16/12 04:57 AM, Haoie wrote: Not love, but the next best thing.

Bacon?

Looking For Love At Bars?


Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature
DevinArcane
DevinArcane
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:30:02 Reply

"You know what kind of girls you find at bars? WHORES. I met my first wife at a bar." - Superbad


My power is the only power.

ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:34:02 Reply

Any place where tons of single people meet is a good place to find love. People who refuse to go to bars because they think only trashy women/men go there are either under 21 or going to be single for a very very long time. I'm not saying the bar is the reason people fall in love I'm saying a centralized meeting place is, it's why people in high school dated, it's why people working together date, it's why sites like okcupid work.

ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:36:29 Reply

At 8/16/12 02:57 PM, Jeff-Teh-Great wrote: Places like that are more for people looking for hook-ups rather than serious commitments.

19 year olds know so much about bars and commitment.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:38:12 Reply

At 8/17/12 06:34 AM, ih8dude wrote: I'm not saying the bar is the reason people fall in love I'm saying a centralized meeting place is, it's why people in high school dated

I didn't. Not because I couldn't, but because no one at my school was as mentally progressed as me, literally all of them were the generic angsty teen that didn't care about anyone or anything except for themselves, their friends, and wherever they were all hanging out.

it's why people working together date

I never see this in the real world

it's why sites like okcupid work.

lol

If you say so


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:47:33 Reply

At 8/17/12 06:38 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/17/12 06:34 AM, ih8dude wrote: I'm not saying the bar is the reason people fall in love I'm saying a centralized meeting place is, it's why people in high school dated
I didn't. Not because I couldn't, but because no one at my school was as mentally progressed as me, literally all of them were the generic angsty teen that didn't care about anyone or anything except for themselves, their friends, and wherever they were all hanging out.

it's why people working together date
I never see this in the real world

it's why sites like okcupid work.
lol

If you say so

I don't want to come off as presumptuous but you don't even fit in here. Sucks to say but dating just isn't something you'll experience in the same way most people do. Even if you didn't date in high school you must admit you saw a lot of dating. As for work place dating it varies from profession and environment, if you work in an environment where people your own age have to interact it's almost guaranteed. You laugh at the okcupid comment, but I didn't say so Forbes, New York Times, and The New Yorker said so.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:50:25 Reply

At 8/17/12 06:47 AM, ih8dude wrote: I don't want to come off as presumptuous but you don't even fit in here. Sucks to say but dating just isn't something you'll experience in the same way most people do.

Because I'm a furry? That's racist, and possibly biased

Even if you didn't date in high school you must admit you saw a lot of dating.

"Hooking up at a pizzaria because jessica passed you a note in 4th period algebra" doesn't count as a relationship

As for work place dating it varies from profession and environment, if you work in an environment where people your own age have to interact it's almost guaranteed.

I supose you have some way to back this up?

You laugh at the okcupid comment, but I didn't say so Forbes, New York Times, and The New Yorker said so.

Oh, yeah, a few magazines said it so it must be true, and everyone on the planet must also think the same


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:52:59 Reply

At 8/17/12 06:50 AM, Xenomit wrote: Because I'm a furry? That's racist, and possibly biased

And now you're just being a douche rather than offering any real argument so I'm just going to leave you to your pony and dog porn.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 06:58:16 Reply

Bad because sloppy, drunken love ain't nice.


R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud || mypsychedelicfantasy - Tumblr
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Looking For Love At Bars? 2012-08-17 07:14:07 Reply

At 8/17/12 06:50 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/17/12 06:47 AM, ih8dude wrote: I don't want to come off as presumptuous but you don't even fit in here. Sucks to say but dating just isn't something you'll experience in the same way most people do.
Because I'm a furry? That's racist, and possibly biased

I love how you clearly don't know what the word "racist" means.

Even if you didn't date in high school you must admit you saw a lot of dating.
"Hooking up at a pizzaria because jessica passed you a note in 4th period algebra" doesn't count as a relationship

My current girlfriend and I met at my secondary school. I also know a lot of people whose school relationships have lasted long beyond that.

As for work place dating it varies from profession and environment, if you work in an environment where people your own age have to interact it's almost guaranteed.
I supose you have some way to back this up?

Personally, I have no comment with this, other than his argument logically makes sense, and yours is akin to "yeah, but why?"

You laugh at the okcupid comment, but I didn't say so Forbes, New York Times, and The New Yorker said so.
Oh, yeah, a few magazines said it so it must be true, and everyone on the planet must also think the same

My uncle met his wife on a dating site. Go figure.


Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Kickstarter. Give them a look and support the project!
------------------------------

BBS Signature