New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nickisabi
Nickisabi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:28:34 Reply

In this video, a Buddhist monk passes into a 3 day coma and returns with a vision of the Buddha's torment in hell. The Buddha was tormented because he "Didn't believe in Christ." For one, he died long before Christ existed, so he couldn't have made that choice. Christ is the ONLY way to live or thou is damndethed to helleth. What a miserable belief. That is not something to be proud of. I know you guys have read thousands of threads like this but in this thread I would like to take an action to help some people be aware of this common belief and why it is wrong. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Atheist... We must unite in a common belief of righteousness.

Jah Bless.......

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:29:49 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:28 PM, AndreovichZhivago wrote: Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Atheist... We must unite in a common belief of righteousness.

I don't see why I should unite with a bunch of fucking faith-head idiots.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:31:41 Reply

According to the last time I went to church, people that lived before Christ did go to heaven. So that is completely contradictory to what Christ believed himself.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:32:52 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:29 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I don't see why I should unite with a bunch of fucking faith-head idiots.

Edgy as fuck.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:34:28 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:31 PM, JBK wrote: According to the last time I went to church, people that lived before Christ did go to heaven. So that is completely contradictory to what Christ believed himself.

Nah Christians just can't agree on what Christ believed himself. Probably because they don't know.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:42:42 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:34 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
Nah Christians just can't agree on what Christ believed himself. Probably because they don't know.

If they dont read the bible, they are not Christians.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:46:36 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:42 PM, JBK wrote:

The bible isn't a history textbook. Many Christian myths are adopted from other religions and I doubt that anything Christ actually said survives in the bible.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:50:43 Reply

People actually arguing about how christianity is wrong.....

nice

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:50:45 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:46 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 8/14/12 11:42 PM, JBK wrote:
The bible isn't a history textbook. Many Christian myths are adopted from other religions and I doubt that anything Christ actually said survives in the bible.

A christian is someone who has accepted Jesus as their savior according to how he is portrayed in the bible as well as follow the and believe the teachings of the bible which is the only reason Christianity exists. If they are Christian, they cannot argue with what is clearly stated in the bible such as the fact that righteous people went to heaven before Christ was born.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:54:13 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:50 PM, JBK wrote: A christian is someone who has accepted Jesus as their savior according to how he is portrayed in the bible as well as follow the and believe the teachings of the bible which is the only reason Christianity exists. If they are Christian, they cannot argue with what is clearly stated in the bible such as the fact that righteous people went to heaven before Christ was born.

Yes they can, and they don't have to follow your definition of Christian to be a "real" Christian.

Basically what I was saying was that it doesn't make much sense to take the bible as 100% accurate (Christian or not) when it's changed so much over the years. It's recorded history.

SirFinland
SirFinland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:57:13 Reply

It's funny because people don't think there's even a slight chance it was just a dream.

NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:57:34 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:31 PM, JBK wrote: According to the last time I went to church, people that lived before Christ did go to heaven. So that is completely contradictory to what Christ believed himself.

Pretty sure there was the old testament which basically required near perfect following of the laws of moses and essentially the entire book of Deuteronomy. After the temple was destroyed it was impossible to become saved through the old way, but then Christ essentially substituted himself for it so that everyone could be saved. Before then, heaven was only available to the Jews.

I'm not a biblical scholar though (neither are you).

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:58:06 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:54 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 8/14/12 11:50 PM, JBK wrote: A christian is someone who has accepted Jesus as their savior according to how he is portrayed in the bible as well as follow the and believe the teachings of the bible which is the only reason Christianity exists. If they are Christian, they cannot argue with what is clearly stated in the bible such as the fact that righteous people went to heaven before Christ was born.
Yes they can, and they don't have to follow your definition of Christian to be a "real" Christian.

Basically what I was saying was that it doesn't make much sense to take the bible as 100% accurate (Christian or not) when it's changed so much over the years. It's recorded history.

I'm gonna pipe in here and pretty much say that bgraybr is right. No one is a "true Christian" as defined by the bible. Most people cannot or simply won't follow Christ's teachings to the letter. I myself would call myself a Christian of sorts, but in all honesty I believe that there's more than one true god. My opinion is: If there's one god, there's more.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:58:53 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:54 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:

Its not my definition. It is the definition. Without it no one would even know of it.

According to the bible, a Christian must do so. I personally have no real opinion on it.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-14 23:59:44 Reply

what's funny is that there is not a single verse in the bible that says this

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:01:42 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:58 PM, JBK wrote: Its not my definition. It is the definition.

Modest.

Without it no one would even know of it.

Okay, I'll give you an example.

It says clearly in the bible that homosexuality is a sin, yet there are Christians that accept homosexuality. Does that mean that they're not real Christians? No. It just means that they interpret Christianity in a different way.

According to the bible-

Did you understand a word that I said?

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:03:01 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:59 PM, psychopathy wrote:
what's funny is that there is not a single verse in the bible that says this

Thats why I said last time I went to church. Not the last time I read the bible which I didnt. But this was said while they were in a bible study and I guess interpretting the stories.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:08:13 Reply

I just love loopholes in the Bible.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
JBKalso
JBKalso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:13:06 Reply

At 8/15/12 12:01 AM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 8/14/12 11:58 PM, JBK wrote: Its not my definition. It is the definition.
Modest.

Without it no one would even know of it.
Okay, I'll give you an example.

It says clearly in the bible that homosexuality is a sin, yet there are Christians that accept homosexuality. Does that mean that they're not real Christians? No. It just means that they interpret Christianity in a different way.

Yes because there is no other ways to interpret that verse of the bible.

According to the bible-
Did you understand a word that I said?

Without the bible there is no Christianity. It would not exist.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool."-FurryFox
This is a temporary account. see JBK
Groups: Gay/Bi Users, Last.fmClub

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:26:53 Reply

At 8/15/12 12:13 AM, JBKalso wrote: Yes because there is no other ways to interpret that verse of the bible.

Regardless, if you only consider someone a Christian if they follow the letter of the bible then there are very few real Christians, and since it's open to interpretation it's impossible to tell who they are.

...and that's if you completely discount the fact that there's multiple versions of the bible.

Without the bible there is no Christianity. It would not exist.

That's odd considering that written accounts of the events that took place during Jesus' lifetime didn't appear until a few hundred years after he died.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 00:29:02 Reply

At 8/14/12 11:57 PM, SirFinland wrote: It's funny because people don't think there's even a slight chance it was just a dream.

Haven't you heard? The religious get visions because of there increased spiritual awareness.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Jakehinojo
Jakehinojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 01:08:59 Reply

Enough talk of religion. No more.

Where's the pickle?

BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 01:41:14 Reply

Well according to John 14:6 Jesus answered, âEUoeI am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I believe this because he is Elohei Haelohim

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Righteous Go To Hell Apparently 2012-08-15 02:18:17 Reply

I feel sorry for that guy. Those monks eat psychoactive substances and see things.

Now he thinks his beliefs are nothing.

Speaking as someone who believes in Jesus, i don't think I'd like him as much if i believed he would send a guy like Buddha to hell....

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature