Phyllis11
Phyllis11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
video shot on Canon XF100 in Avid 2012-08-14 01:43:58 Reply

Hello,

I have been seriously looking a MXF Converter for some time as a way to transcode video files shot on a Canon XF100 for use in AVID Media Composer 6, since the latter does not directly support the Canon XF 100 codec or so it seems.

I wanted to know if there is any program which can simply RE-WRAP the Canon MXF files (1080i at 25 or 35Mbps) into standard Sony MXF files like XDCAM EX. This would allow me to work with AVID editor which supports XDCAM EX natively.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know.
Many thanks

Roxanne17
Roxanne17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to video shot on Canon XF100 in Avid 2012-08-19 22:23:36 Reply

I have just run into the same problem. When I tried to import .mxf files in Avid Media Composer 6.0.1, I keep getting an error message âEUInvalid file nameâEU. I have tried âEUoeFile->ImportâEU and also tried to use an AMA-link to the files (provided that the folder structure of the XDCAM disks is still on the hard disk). But no luck. Finally, I have to find a tool to transcode MXF videos to XDCam codec which is supported natively. The program I tested isPavtube MXF Converterwhich provides various FCP preferred video codecs, including XDCam. The video converts great no lose in quality. And AMC 6 provides fast import and playback of output XDCam videos.