Be a Supporter!

Making sure my family gets $0

  • 1,322 Views
  • 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-15 14:55:40 Reply

None of you know OP, therefore no one here has he right to judge how he uses his money despite how unorthodox it may be.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-15 20:37:30 Reply

At 8/15/12 01:21 PM, Sensationalism wrote: If he doesn't settle his debts and pay for his funeral before dying he is a complete dick. Like oh not only does his family get nothing, but they have to spend a bunch of money on him too? Ridiculous.

Uh, why would he be a big dick? Debt isn't generational. All that would do is mean less get's donated. And nobody is forcing them to bury him. No one wants to pay for the funeral? They can get that funeral shit from the gov't or it will be taken out of the estate.

Very much this. I'll use my mom as an example. Worked her whole life and raised her kids. Got a little money from inheritances. Used some of it to get something nice for herself, like a laptop. Wow, man, my mom is such a mooch. Yeah, totally, that's exactly how to use that word properly. Dumbass.

If your mom was expecting to receive it it would make her a mooch. Dumbass.

At 8/15/12 02:06 AM, CockGobbler wrote: Accepting inheritance doesn't make you a moocher, I sure hope you don't actually mean that. It helps pay for the funeral and other costs that go along with death, and of course it is always nice if you have something important that you couldn't quite afford.

It's a form of passive mooching. I count receiving anything for doing absolutely nothing/expecting to as being a mooch.

Mooching would be letting your kids live in your house till they are 40, not giving them inheritance. Are you really that "anti-society" that you will go out of your way to be an asshole to everyone so you can act like a rebel? First tipping, now this.

I'm not anti-society. Grow the fuck up and learn that other people have different opinions ya bloody fucking parrick. You seem to think that because it is common place that it instantly equates to being ok.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-15 20:41:26 Reply

I'm pretty sure if you say you want it all donated to charity, your family can't do anything about that.


<3

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-16 04:31:31 Reply

At 8/13/12 11:55 PM, DevinArcane wrote: Is anyone on NG BBS legally savvy enough to inform on how I can make sure my family doesn't get any of my cash after I die?

I know about wills. I was thinking that I could write in my wall that I want all of my proceeds (I'm going to be a published writer) to go to charities

Well, if you're going to be a published writer, can we safely assume that you have no money, until the point, when you actually become published and hugely successful, as we all know that will work out? ;)

If you do by some strange coincidence make it (I mean, people bought Harry Potter and I think that's average, at best), you will have enough money to buy an hour of a solicitor's time, to set up a "Last Will and Testament", where you can basically tell your next of kin, other descendants and so forth to shag off and that all of your money is left to the charities of your choice, all of which you list and figure out percentages.

When you die, all of your assets will be liquidated and money coming in from the sale of books will be divided up using the same formula, after taking into account a small fee to the soliciting firm, to act as your executor.

Simple.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-16 06:06:11 Reply

Change your estate to registered charities. Stipulate it in your will.

It's fucking simple.


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
DevinArcane
DevinArcane
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-16 06:14:13 Reply

At 8/16/12 04:31 AM, Coop wrote:

Well, if you're going to be a published writer, can we safely assume that you have no money, until the point, when you actually become published and hugely successful, as we all know that will work out? ;)

Comic book writers/artists make $6k an issue (if they work for Marvel/DC). xD


My power is the only power.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-16 06:17:40 Reply

At 8/16/12 06:14 AM, DevinArcane wrote:
At 8/16/12 04:31 AM, Coop wrote: Well, if you're going to be a published writer, can we safely assume that you have no money, until the point, when you actually become published and hugely successful, as we all know that will work out? ;)
Comic book writers/artists make $6k an issue (if they work for Marvel/DC). xD

Yes and I've as much reason to believe that you're going to become one, as you have reason to believe that I'll be the next Prime Minister of the UK.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DevinArcane
DevinArcane
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Making sure my family gets $0 2012-08-16 06:18:53 Reply

At 8/16/12 06:17 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/16/12 06:14 AM, DevinArcane wrote:
At 8/16/12 04:31 AM, Coop wrote: Well, if you're going to be a published writer, can we safely assume that you have no money, until the point, when you actually become published and hugely successful, as we all know that will work out? ;)
Comic book writers/artists make $6k an issue (if they work for Marvel/DC). xD
Yes and I've as much reason to believe that you're going to become one, as you have reason to believe that I'll be the next Prime Minister of the UK.

It's not very hard. Especially in today's market, where DC/Marvel are so dried out they just poach from Image Comics, who have proven in the past that they'll publish anything (they have absolutely NO editorial).


My power is the only power.