New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-09-29 19:26:14 Reply

At 9/24/14 12:51 PM, fastlanemovies wrote: So I am an aspiring beat producer, while I'm nowhere near where I want to be, I'm seeking to improve my beat making skills. So I'm seeking help/advice from rappers and producers.

@AxTekk
@War-Spawn

If you can get help from these two you'll be in good hands.

Producers: I don't have a lot of money, so what are some good sites/plugins that are cheap or preferably free? One big thing is I'm trying to get that sustained hip hop 808, but the plugin packs seem to be so expensive to do it properly.
Any additional advice is greatly appreciated.

I don't know how far along you are but a lot of people say FL Studio is a good starting program. Cyriak uses FL Studio to make music and I happen to really like his tracks.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-13 20:36:21 Reply

Ayo yoyoyoyo yoyoyo yo. I was looking through my body of work and noticed a bunch of stuff I either didn't release or never finished, but I'd still like to share with whoever wants to listen. So starting tonight I'll be uploading them, maybe one new track a day. Or week. Probably one per week.

These include a couple unreleased tracks by Problem Child (the NG supergroup featuring Byron, Rampant, Axtekk, and myself), some skits, and other things. Also my plate is again filling with projects to complete, so expect more new shit soon neffews.

I made this song recently and dropped it here, but it was almost immediately instaburied, so here it is again...

• Back At It Again
    Back At It Again by Teqneek

Back Up In Your Ass With The Resurrection

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Mophead367
Mophead367
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-13 23:21:36 Reply

At 3/3/14 11:41 PM, Mophead367 wrote: So, from what I've heard around in the NGHH rumour pool, Teq will be hosting this year's CLAB. Any chance of a NG Sample Battle this year, Teq? We haven't had one since 2012....

Fuck. No CLAB Comp this year I guess... >.<

Teq, will you be hosting it next year or is BigRed going to?

Any word on anything CLAB related?

Mophead367
Mophead367
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-14 00:15:10 Reply

At 5/23/14 04:12 PM, CiviLies wrote: I'm just asking out of curiosity:

For all the MCs and Producers out there, who are your inspirations?

As far as writing rhymes;

Early Vinnie Paz

Greydon Square

and last but not least, Von Poe VII

Production is another story;

DJ Delinquent (This musical god got me into making Hip Hop and also taught me how to scratch using Wave Traveler.)

DJ Cam

Jel

Ant

Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind

DJ Shadow

In case you can't tell, samples are like drugs to me. Also, my musical tastes are extremely diverse. You'll have to dig through the pages on my Last.FM Library to truly see my tastes.

OK, I'm outie for now.

Peace.

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-14 20:10:27 Reply

At 10/13/14 11:21 PM, Mophead367 wrote:
At 3/3/14 11:41 PM, Mophead367 wrote:
Fuck. No CLAB Comp this year I guess... >.<

Teq, will you be hosting it next year or is BigRed going to?

Wish I could man, but it's getting crazy in my world right now. Fast.
I have a baby on the way and I'm buying a house and I got promoted and I'm making 2 albums and working a full-time data tech (whoa holy crap date-a-teq , that's my new dating website aw shit) job 10 hours a day, na'mean? I don't have time to even think right now. Which sucks because I had some good ideas, such as:

* A name change that IMHO is 1,000 times more appropriate (BattleGrounds)

* All original, unreleased beats for every battle, every round. I was accepting beats 8 months before BG was supposed to kick off, and was well on the way to having a big-ass beat pool.

* Best Producer Contest- I'd probably choose what I think are the 10 best beat submissions, then have a panel of judges each choose their top 3 favorites. Of the 3 highest rated beats, the top instrumental would be reserved for the final battle, and the 2 runners-up would comprise the semifinal beat pool.

* And a bunch of other cool stuff. Like that sweet logo that was drawn up for BattleGrounds down there vvv This is getting long-winded though. And yeah the sample comp would come back as well bruthaman.

Any word on anything CLAB related?

No, but if it happens I pretty much gotta find time to defend my title, because I'm a man dammit.

Oh yeah I just uploaded this yo:

• #1- Da Loneliest Cypher
    #1- Da Loneliest Cypher by Teqneek

The first upload in my "Shit that was never released or I never finished dat shit" series.

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Olskool
    Popularity

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-21 02:19:59 Reply

At 10/13/14 11:21 PM, Mophead367 wrote: Any word on anything CLAB related?

Well I have no idea what Teq is doing but as far as I know the MC Invitationals are still active.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RoughRecording2012/videos

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Promethicus
Promethicus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2014-10-21 12:41:27 Reply

Waiting on that Black Moses