New Topic Respond to this Topic
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

About 3 years ago, I started dating this girl named Cara. I was completely infatuated at first, you know, that early point in a relationship where both parties are extremely happy because no turmoil has occurred yet? Yeah, that time. I didn't know her well enough to say I was in love with her, but as time went on our relationship progressed to the point where I did love her, or at least I thought I did.

As we move forward, I am finding more and more things about her that I dislike, but in my mind existed the dream girl that I wanted her to be, and so continued to see her as. We began fighting a lot, almost constantly about meaningless trivial bullshit, but overcame our differences every time by having that sweet angry make-up sex.

I am now convinced I can't possibly live in a world without this girl by my side, and so when we break up, (she dumps me because I made out with a girl at a party) I lose my fucking mind. I beg and I plead and I am in a state of numb nothingness for almost an entire year, I can't get myself back out there. I can't even think about other women because of how strong my feelings were for this girl.

Since then, I've had a lot of time to reflect on the situation and think about things. The more I play the moments we shared together over in my mind, it all makes sense.

This girl wasn't the girl I thought she was, she was a cunt. I was madly in love with her because of how I saw her, how I chose to see her. Everything she was to me, (in my mind) wasn't who she actually was as a person. So what did I love? I loved the thought of loving a perfect girl. I loved the things about her that I created in my own head.

So what am I trying to say? My mind is in love with my mind. I'm God.

tl;dr I'm in love with myself.

ok

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 03:49 PM, Strength wrote:
tl;dr I'm in love with myself.

What else is new

e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

well it sounds like you were infatuated all right

it happens to everyone

the important thing is don't do it again

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 03:49 PM, Strength wrote: tl;dr I'm in love with myself.

I hope you guys get married.

NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

I advise you to get rid of the idea of a "perfect girl" because we all have flaws and there won't be someone who never disappoints you or acts in a way you wouldn't expect them to (serious relationships anyway). But with that out of the way, you can enjoy getting to know the person instead of checking off your list of requirements. I see a relationship starting that way as more successful and you can avoid situations like the one you had.

Anyhow, try not to make a similar mistake in the future.. every move counts.

NmW

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Wouldn't it be cool if you could have sex with yourse-
ohhhh yeeeaaaaahhh

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 05:53 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: i've never truly loved somebody outside of family

feels awful

Love doesn't exist, so don't feel bad.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

OP will be forever alone.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

JoeAbbt-Grimes
JoeAbbt-Grimes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 09:07 PM Reply

Well since you shared your love story I'll share one of my most recent ones.

I worked with this punk rock type of chick and she seemed to be "the one" because she knew all the internet jokes and did nerdy shit but was a solid 9 (she had a broken nose, so not a ten) but besides that she was mint. So everything seemed perfect we enjoyed eachothers time and spent everyday together. I remember the first time we argued because she said "OMG was that just our first fight?". I've been with other girls before but this was the one that gripped my heart in her hands...SO! eight breakups and get back together later after she stabbed me, drive us off the road at 90mph into a guardrail, destroy my car with a bat and threaten to kill my ex and wouldn't stop the car till i showed her where she lived LMFAO and threats to fuck my best friends whenever she was mad at me so she decided it was time to threaten a restraining order on me after the last breakup lol because I guess the ninth time isnt the charm to work things out.

So without detail here what I'm left with is the experience of some of the most passionate euphoric sex, stories I can tell to the guys, understanding of what manic love feels like, the deep seated hate for her BUT! one of the most outstandingly greatest stories of hate/love turmoil between two of the most fucked up baggage ridden people that can somewhat function on this earth and its a story I share with. I was torn up after and thought she was the one and that I thought I loved the image I had of her but no...I just loved the constant chaos and since then no girl has given me the ride of my life because of the small town I live in. God bless psychotic women

Thanks to Adio,Dekuboy,Supercalifragalistic,C opperChaos,T-N-T, Riots,EvilerBowser1001, linkzero-x, clankster4,KIRBYLINK,EverReady2Kill ,Alfie, killerhatch, and Quistybetter

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

Is this becoming a relationship story time thread?

Here's mine:

I am currently dating my ideal girlfriend, I really mean it, this girl I am dating is amazing, in my eyes. I absolutely love her.
The two of us ended up meeting at a very strange time in our lives, well, not strange... Just a terrible time in our lives. You see, she was to be moving out of the city within a few months of us meeting, I was okay with that at the time because her and I were just friends who would get drunk and kiss and stuff. I'm getting ahead of myself though.

After two or three failed relationship attempts in 2012 (I was seeing some girls, all left me for another guy before anything was official, I was never good enough, because I lost my job), I had almost given up on even bothering. One night, I was at a friend's house having a few beers, it was almost 10:00PM, and we were thinking of calling it a night, but then I got a text message and was asked to go to a social function at a friend's house who I had not seen in ages, so I figured what the hell, might as well.
I got more beer and went there. Now, I'd known my girlfriend for a long time, but we never really talked much up until February when we re-met.

To try leaving this story short, we partied/drank together two weekends in a row, and then we began hanging out every single day shortly after that. Her and I never had sex or anything before we dated, we'd kiss and stuff, I treated her like a girlfriend and she treated me like a boyfriend. Her best friend began dating my best friend, before her and I began dating.

Within a few weeks of the four of us hanging out, my friend gets 40,000 dollars from insurance, due to being hit by a vehicle a number of years back. We were all excited, 40,000 dollars! I didn't expect anything from it whatsoever, and my friend planned on saving 30,000 of it. Well, it's safe to say that 30,000 or more ended up going toward alcohol, cocaine, and a lot more alcohol.

We were all fucked up, all four of us were drinking every day. Cocaine never came into it up until March sometime, and my girlfriend and I got out of it as soon as possible, she got out quicker than I did. My friend ended up spending 30,000 or so dollars within three months, and I told him I couldn't keep living that way, I had to quit drinking daily, and doing drugs entirely. He got mad, but whatever. Him and his girlfriend broke up early on kind of. About three months ago.

Although my girlfriend ended up moving cities for university, we decided to stay together and try our best to make it work. She is only about 2.5 hours away, so it is not terrible - But as a boyfriend, and a person who has been fucked over by other girls, I worry about things.

Anyway, her and I both have bettered each other's lives, she helped me quit drinking every day (I drank literally every day for probably 2 months or so), and helped me quit doing drugs, well, gave me a reason to quit doing drugs (I probably did blow just about every day for 1.5 - 2 months at that time).

The two of us started off really rocky, I was a real asshole to her because of the booze and drugs, and it was constant fighting over the phone because I was always shit faced when she would call me, or I would call her. It was a disaster, so I agreed that maybe this relationship is more important, and substances were not.

Now, I have spent all summer with her, we talk about wanting a future together, but are taking it one day at a time. We do not want to move in with each other yet, because we do not want to ruin the relationship by jumping into things too fast, but we are both very happy. We agree that we have become each other's second halves, and I consider her my best friend, as well as my girlfriend.

Blah blah blah.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, especially after three years, that really would suck, I cannot imagine how shitty it felt. Hopefully I don't have to go through that, though I am young and life doesn't seem to work out well all the time... However, her and I have high hopes, we have both matured a lot and made a lot of changes to make things work.

I'd also recommend that nobody drink alcohol and do drugs every day for that long every day. It really changes you as a person and will hurt those around you, especially your loved ones.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 09:07 PM, JoeAbbt-Grimes wrote: Well since you shared your love story I'll share one of my most recent ones.
At 8/13/12 09:53 PM, Luke wrote: Is this becoming a relationship story time thread?

Oh god.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 09:58 PM, Boomstick wrote:
At 8/13/12 09:07 PM, JoeAbbt-Grimes wrote: Well since you shared your love story I'll share one of my most recent ones.
At 8/13/12 09:53 PM, Luke wrote: Is this becoming a relationship story time thread?
Oh god.

Oh dear god no, people are putting time into posts on the Newgrounds BBS!!!! And instead of spam and cocks and retarded bullshit that is pulled out of OH-SO-HILARIOUS children's asses, people are telling stories and actually discussing stuff!

Yeah, whatever.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 10:11 PM, Luke wrote:
Oh dear god no, people are putting time into posts on the Newgrounds BBS!!!! And instead of spam and cocks and retarded bullshit that is pulled out of OH-SO-HILARIOUS children's asses, people are telling stories and actually discussing stuff!

Yes, discussing stories on a not serious thread. You surely are making a difference.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 10:16 PM, Boomstick wrote: Yes, discussing stories on a not serious thread. You surely are making a difference.

This is a serious thread.

ok

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 10:16 PM, Boomstick wrote:
At 8/13/12 10:11 PM, Luke wrote:
Yes, discussing stories on a not serious thread. You surely are making a difference.

Are there any serious threads on this forum anymore? Please, tell me Boomstick. Because all I see now is crap on the General Forum. That's why C&C and VG are the much better forums. Nobody can have a serious discussion in General anymore, so please enlighten me by providing links to these "serious" threads you speak of, as I have not seen one in a very long time.

Yeah, whatever.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 03:55 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 8/13/12 03:49 PM, Strength wrote: tl;dr I'm in love with myself.
I hope you guys get married.

Sometimes I meet a nice girl that I get along with, and I think about how I could have married her instead. But I am happy being married to myself.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
killerrob
killerrob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to A story about Love Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

I added this girl on facebook once. I don't think she is there anymore

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature