New Topic Respond to this Topic
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 00:28:01 Reply

So, anatomy is my crapchute point. I cant do anatomy At All, So Im going to start an Anatomy Based thread for me to work with, feel free to critique respectivley, as well links to anything you may feel will help me - Here comes the first ever reference anatomy pose, from http://www.artsyposes.com - Its rough, Im nto really sure how long I shoudl spend on a rough sketch to try and learn anatomy, before it drives me crazy - so most thigns will be rough or quick sketches, as I learn where the body moves, and how. Im starting with females, because I feel they are the most difficult. Or maybe it is the other way around? oh well, YOLO! idk..

My Anatomy Thread

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 00:46:02 Reply

Oh ew this came out awful. I tried the ye ol-stick frame approach and i couldnt get it. - Ima pop out some shapage again, and start with just feet, hands, and faces - then go into bodies.

My Anatomy Thread

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 01:09:01 Reply

At 8/12/12 12:46 AM, pockets08 wrote: Oh ew this came out awful. I tried the ye ol-stick frame approach and i couldnt get it. - Ima pop out some shapage again, and start with just feet, hands, and faces - then go into bodies.

Mkay - This tablet is starting to strain my hands and shiz. Maybe im holding it too hard? Maybe I need like a ..pencil grip thing...Fuck you hands...fuck you.. ---

Anyway, heres my awful shapes. i notice I draw slanted. It might have to do with the fact my tablet is on my damn lap. Though ive noticed this issue before, even when drawing on pen and paper. I tend to not draw straight, like im retarded. So id turn the paper slightly, to draw "straight" with the turned paper. I cant do that with the tablet cause it throws me off Lol. - Also as you can see hwo sketchy everything is, I think I need to slow down? But If I move too slow I dont move far enough down the page without loosing the lines straigthness - I think this has to do with the angle of my hands. my hand rests ont eh tablet as I draw, rather than stays above it. I have no idea how to practice getting used to drawing above it, rather than ON. Same issue on pencil and paper... Oy... Fml </3

My Anatomy Thread

Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 10:36:08 Reply

Can't just start a stick frame off without structure. xDD If that was the case then all these stick figure artists would be able to draw humans just as easily.

http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/drawing-lessons/drawing-face s-lessons/howtodraw-people-tutorials.html

Heres a page of tutorials on how to draw the human anatomy. There's also this great site here...:

http://www.posemaniacs.com/

That lets you take a TON of human bases and view them from all 360 degrees. So if you ever get stuck on how something should look. Viola.

Are you right handed? I was wondering because it looks like, (from what I can see from your sketches...) that you draw the contour. Meaning, the outline of the human body first. This is no good. I want to see more scribbles, and expressionistic drawings. The more you TRY and get anatomy right, the more you're going to get nit picky and likely make your drawing worse off for it. Drawing the human body should be something fluid and natural, so treat it as such. And even if you draw something that isn't spot on. Thats ok. Just get read pen, correct the areas that are wrong- reference again, and try again.

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 11:36:19 Reply

Are you right handed? I was wondering because it looks like, (from what I can see from your sketches...) that you draw the contour. Meaning, the outline of the human body first. This is no good. I want to see more scribbles, and expressionistic drawings. The more you TRY and get anatomy right, the more you're going to get nit picky and likely make your drawing worse off for it. Drawing the human body should be something fluid and natural, so treat it as such. And even if you draw something that isn't spot on. Thats ok. Just get read pen, correct the areas that are wrong- reference again, and try again.

I am indeed - LEFT handed. Its a curse. Probably a disease. Ill check these tuts out tomorrow after i get this next project done for the worketh >.< - thank you again for the linkage

aoisgd
aoisgd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 14:26:05 Reply

i'm not an expert and less a professional but a tip i can give you is trying to make scribbles ( a lot of scribbles) until you drawing start to look as a human (obviously with a proper pre estructure figure,like a stick figure ) try start as simple as you can to you can work over it an go for the details later
this work for me at least ...( and also the practice , a lot of practice)
just try to find your own style and work over it

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 16:03:37 Reply

At 8/12/12 02:26 PM, aoisgd wrote: i'm not an expert and less a professional but a tip i can give you is trying to make scribbles ( a lot of scribbles) until you drawing start to look as a human (obviously with a proper pre estructure figure,like a stick figure ) try start as simple as you can to you can work over it an go for the details later
this work for me at least ...( and also the practice , a lot of practice)
just try to find your own style and work over it

Yes! I am the guy who posted on your thread, about how I liked your style - how you scribbled like a boss. And its similar to what Ive been tryign to do. Still learrrnins....

Anyways, another quickie. Im still messing with hands, and feet, and faces, but I feel like I need to do bodies first, even though i said I wouldnt. So - Im procrastinating. Trying to pump out a lot of time to practice.

My Anatomy Thread

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 16:17:28 Reply

You have improved quite a lot in my absence Dx

Congrazzles! But just remember, in female bodies, the hips tend to be bigger than their shoulders, It won't make them look fat as long as you give them a slender waist :33

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 16:49:25 Reply

At 8/12/12 04:17 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: You have improved quite a lot in my absence Dx

Congrazzles! But just remember, in female bodies, the hips tend to be bigger than their shoulders, It won't make them look fat as long as you give them a slender waist :33

Ever thought, maybe, just maybe - that I love me some fat bitches?

Lmao. THanks for tip Beckkkyyy!!! :P

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 16:57:24 Reply

At 8/12/12 04:49 PM, pockets08 wrote:

Ever thought, maybe, just maybe - that I love me some fat bitches?

Lmao. THanks for tip Beckkkyyy!!! :P

Haha of course, we all love some fat bitches ;D

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 18:27:58 Reply

FHSKDSKDG I cant even do straight lines. At all. Maybe Im trying too hard, moving to fast. or something like that. FUCK YOU PEN TOOL! I DONT WANNA USE YOU FOR THIS!!!

PS - everything is supposed to be square.. it was just practice with lines. Which I cant do eitheir :3

My Anatomy Thread

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 18:38:13 Reply

At 8/12/12 06:27 PM, pockets08 wrote: FHSKDSKDG I cant even do straight lines. At all. Maybe Im trying too hard, moving to fast. or something like that. FUCK YOU PEN TOOL! I DONT WANNA USE YOU FOR THIS!!!

PS - everything is supposed to be square.. it was just practice with lines. Which I cant do eitheir :3

have you actually tried improving your lines by just practicing?
Here are some exercises

Also: I already thought it was ridiculous that you make a new thread every other day especially since most of em only run for a couple of days, the only gratifying factor being that all of them have their own subject. If you're gonna draw interiors and shape exercises in an anatomy thread you negate that. What is wrong with just posting (mostly) all of your drawings and exercises in one personal showcase thread?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 18:45:36 Reply

have you actually tried improving your lines by just practicing?
Here are some exercises

Also: I already thought it was ridiculous that you make a new thread every other day especially since most of em only run for a couple of days, the only gratifying factor being that all of them have their own subject. If you're gonna draw interiors and shape exercises in an anatomy thread you negate that. What is wrong with just posting (mostly) all of your drawings and exercises in one personal showcase thread?

My "Showcase thread" Only consisted of stuff I was trying to get critiqued, when I thought maybe I could get somewhere. Or just finished projects from work etc - things i actually submitted to the art portal. This is dedicated practice to figure out what I need to do to get to the point where I can draw people, the Interior, was specifically lines, and the shapes, were specifiaclly shapes, because I need to learn those two things, to make people. As for my other threads that Ive made - were nto showcase related eithier. Most the art threads Ive seen are projects that are finished, or WIPS of a individual project they intend to finish. These again, are nto to be "finished" - they are to learn. Its just my reasoning as to why, im nto justifying it if it seems to bother you - Im just giving you the reason as to why I do it. it bothers me. -nod-

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 18:53:52 Reply

Everyone posts exercises in their showcase thread though. Seriously there's nothing wrong with having a couple of threads but you seem to be making a new one for every tiny obstacle you encounter. I was exaggerating when I said you made on every other day, but not as much as I actually thought I was. You made 22 threads in the art forum alone since april 24. That's one every 5 days...
I'm no mod so the only reason I'm telling you this is cause it bothers me. It bothers me so much that I actually spend less time helping you than I would otherwise.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 18:56:32 Reply

Also: I understand that you're doing this cause you think it'd be better organized; but in the long run it really just makes the art forum as well as your body of work less organized.

BBS Signature
pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 19:46:39 Reply

At 8/12/12 06:56 PM, J-qb wrote: Also: I understand that you're doing this cause you think it'd be better organized; but in the long run it really just makes the art forum as well as your body of work less organized.

The issue ive came across previously, is if i really was absolutley stumped - if i didnt make another thread, with the the subject of the issue, people just assumed the new post in the apparent showcase thread, was just a new upload. - and Id be stuck for days, Unfortunatley I rely quite a lot on the art forum, because I spend 60 hours a week working, and I dont always have internet access to search things myself. When I do have access to the forum, I spend it on the forum. Which of course when I have net myself, It will be much easier for me to obtain info myself, but in teh meantime all the tutorials and places peopel send me here on the forum, become HTML files on my Desktop or PDFs - thus, if I dont get, as greedy as this sounds - quick responses - I fall behind in my ability to gradually get better. Especially since I always feel like im not practicing"the right way." or the right subject, and it puts me behind the longer i sit around. Yes, this sounds like i use the forum to babysit me. Most people would assume common sense would kick in, but no sense is common. I dont know a lick about most the stuff Im rolling with, and I wont until I do it. Sorry it bothers you so much, but it also bothers me to have one thread I have to dig through, for things that are not related, IMO. Again, im not saying I wont change - Im answering your question. I dont just do it for now reason, and its not for organization, its how my head works in a sense.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 19:59:48 Reply

You should keep this thread going.
You should open it up to other artists as well. Everyone has a problem with anatomy in one way or another. We could all help each other out in here and give advice :3
With your permission i'd love to post some things.

would also keep this thread alive.

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 20:28:40 Reply

At 8/12/12 07:59 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: You should keep this thread going.
You should open it up to other artists as well. Everyone has a problem with anatomy in one way or another. We could all help each other out in here and give advice :3

DOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEET!!! the more peopel with the same problem the better - so I can see how they fixed it.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 20:42:52 Reply

At 8/12/12 08:28 PM, pockets08 wrote:
At 8/12/12 07:59 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: You should keep this thread going.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEET!!! the more peopel with the same problem the better - so I can see how they fixed it.

I glad we are on the same wavelength! I was thinking about starting a thread like this but if I can use this one just as good :33
Here is my random attempt~ Did this in 15mins to show how i suck at bodies,
I have a problem at the connections, aka the torso to hip, arm to torso, ect
Just wondered how other people tackle this problem :3

(CURSE YOU PERSPECTIVE!)

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 20:45:17 Reply

At 8/12/12 08:42 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: I'm glad we are on the same wavelength! I was thinking about starting a thread like this but if I can use this one just as good :33
Here is my random attempt~ Did this in 15mins to show how i suck at bodies,
I have a problem at the connections, aka the torso to hip, arm to torso, ect
Just wondered how other people tackle this problem :3
(CURSE YOU PERSPECTIVE!)

.................. shhh
I didn't mean to do that.....................

Image vvvvvvvvvv

My Anatomy Thread

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 20:53:48 Reply

This thread of yours is quite interesting. I can say that you should try drawing the human from references to try to get a solid grip on anatomy.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 20:54:02 Reply

Compare ^^^^
to dis~
Tried to improve but, still so many mistakes.

My Anatomy Thread

pockets08
pockets08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 22:16:25 Reply

At 8/12/12 08:54 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Compare ^^^^
to dis~
Tried to improve but, still so many mistakes.

OO OO OO I THINK I actually HAVE input that may help you miss Becky - Your arms, have no joints. :3 - you knwo where they are, but we dont. except the bent ones. Her shoulders I think are smooth at first, then they get really pointy - boxy likes. but the shape of the torso and bum, are nice i think.

LET THE LEARNING BEGIN!!! - we need a thread, where artists make excersises for art forumers - then all the artists coem together to critique the lessons. -nod-

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to My Anatomy Thread 2012-08-12 22:56:11 Reply

At 8/12/12 08:54 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: Tried to improve but, still so many mistakes.

Since you're looking for advice, I thought I'd try to supply.

I would suggest lowering the collar bones, raising the pelvis, deflating the breasts, and adding a rib cage. Also, add a little shoulder and arm definition.

I don't actually know what I'm talking about.

My Anatomy Thread