LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM Reply

Anyone know what timezone the mentioned time is in?

At 8/13/12 08:06 PM, Trapex wrote: Hold up a sec; you mean to tell me that Grand Theft Auto 5 has been released already? Wow, I DIDN'T KNOW!

I meant to write confirmed. Which was obvious unless you're retarded.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 04:11 AM Reply

Its DEFINITELY Black Ops 2 related. Sorry guys :(

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

At 8/13/12 11:14 PM, iCurrie wrote: Game Informer AU today announced that Steam is making changes to its sytems, might be related?

It's just a new community layout. Nothing special.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 06:05 AM Reply

LMAO, it was Black Ops II multiplayer information. They didn't think that previous multiplayer trailer was going to be released, so Treyarch/Activision kind of fucked them. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 07:43 AM Reply

Half-life 3 maybe?

At 8/14/12 06:05 AM, Makeshift wrote: LMAO, it was Black Ops II multiplayer information. They didn't think that previous multiplayer trailer was going to be released, so Treyarch/Activision kind of fucked them. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha.

Proof?

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Its true, the trailer was leaked, despite agreements between COD developers and Game Informer AU. The cover was released earlier today, and followed by a quick bit of text. 'Sorry for the wait guys - the world's first hands-on impressions for Call of Duty: Black Ops II's multiplayer mode can be found in the next issue of Game Informer Australia.'

After this was released, there was a bit of backlash, due to the trailer already being released online without Game Informer being aware - and therefore the hype was over the top, and the 'deals' made between the two were worthless. And because big things were expected, like HL3, the internet had a huge whinge. Another post my Game Informer AU:

Last week I posted an update on this Facebook page explaining why I hadn't shown the cover of our upcoming issue as I'd usually do. I had organised to be part of the worldwide reveal for something I was not allowed to talk about and this small update was supposed to just build a little excitement amongst our local readers and nothing more - it wasn't intended to go further than this page. Instead it went viral and "the internet" decided to turn it into something it was not - gamers are truly passionate people.

Unfortunately, after promising me on multiple occasions that nothing would be revealed about the Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer until the time our cover went up, Treyarch/Activision released a trailer a week in advance followed by a number of other announcements. So what started as a build-up to this hands-on/trailer reveal, has ended up being a build-up to something you already knew about. I would have told you straight away, but as far as Treyarch/Activision were concerned the trailer wasn't a reveal and in their minds I'd be breaking embargo.

I was looking forward to enjoying this reveal with Australian gamers, but in something I can only describe as a painfully stressful week, the occasion has been taken away from us and instead I have been dreading this moment. Due to the way this cover reveal built up in a lot of people's minds, I feel like I've let you down and for that I am sorry. I can assure you there is considerably more to learn from the article than what you saw in the trailer and hopefully those of you who are not interested in CoD will still enjoy the issue's other 92 pages of content.

What a let down, can't really blame the mag though.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 08:42 AM Reply

At 8/14/12 08:10 AM, iCurrie wrote: stuff

Well that sucked.

Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 8/13/12 08:06 PM, Trapex wrote: Hold up a sec; you mean to tell me that Grand Theft Auto 5 has been released already? Wow, I DIDN'T KNOW!
I meant to write confirmed. Which was obvious unless you're retarded.

And you mean after all of this hullabaloo that I kept on constantly reading about Black Ops 2 and things like it's new multiplayer system didn't hint at it ever being confirmed before?

RyanBustersword123
RyanBustersword123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Something Big Is Going To Happen! Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 8/11/12 02:58 PM, Protagonist wrote: Why do you all guys think it's valve related. This is GAME INFORMER we're talking about, It's probably black ops 2 related.

Damn I should have listened...

Something Big Is Going To Happen!