Be a Supporter!

Let's get offended.

  • 1,221 Views
  • 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

You know what really fillets my flsh?

People not thinking my opinions are important.

In fact, all of my sternest convictions and deepest sentiments are of the utmost importance to everyone!

For example, when I see something that makes someone else happy but that I don't personally enjoy, I make a special point of letting them know that / would never do anything like THAT at ALL, because I am a completely DIFFERENT person from them.

People disagree with me about this, but of course they are wrong, because the way / see it, I'm right, and it's very important to never ever back down for any reason, otherwise people would question whether or not I have absolute and complete control over everything that happens in my life, which I of course obviously do because everyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

I'm offended, and I think everyone who is intelligent and beautiful and great in every way ever agrees with me wholeheartedly. Otherwise they would disagree with what I have absolute faith is true, thus making them wrong.

I think we should ALL be VERY offended by even the idea of this.

obviously you agree, or are very stupid and need to be told so. Repeatedly.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

You're a funny man Mr Bond. What a pity, such nice cheeks too. If only they were brains.


BBS Signature
morcov
morcov
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

tell me im stupid I DARE YOU cause i disagree

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:58 PM, tehtimmy4080 wrote: tell me im stupid I DARE YOU cause i disagree

I notice you support option B.

Well, let me tell you, option A was FIRST, more ORIGINAL, and more importantly ordained by my PERSONAL BELIEFS to be correct before you ever even CONSIDERED option B.

You probably only chose option B because you are disrespectful of everything I have FAITH in my HEART to be TRUE.

Other options are merely delusional, but you clearly chose option B because you are disrespectful and morally bad. Do you not realize I am filled with nothing except good things inside my heart? My parents are good people, and I'm a good person, and when you say I'm making the wrong choice with option A, you're INSULTING MY MOTHER.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

I think it's facinating that someone who gets easily offended can have so much sway in our world. Think about how much press those crazy extremist Christians get when they get all riled up on something silly like Pokemon.

WHAT THE FUNK


Sig by FB - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Tobi
Tobi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:36 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

obviously you agree, or are very stupid and need to be told so. Repeatedly.

funkbrs why do you still make these kinds of threads they're not funny please stop

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:09 PM, psychopathy wrote:
funkbrs why do you still make these kinds of threads they're not funny please stop

Threads like these are a tradition, and traditions are something you should respect because you should have FAITH that the old days of the BBS were GOOD days for the BBS, and not just as filled with idiots as they are today, but also with more vicious and hateful users who occasionally actually shot/stabbed people and/or themselves (livecorpse, regret).

If the old days were bad days, then that would mean that the BBS is still somewhat bad even it has improved, and I refuse to believe there is one single stain on the history of this BBS because I was there for it, thus making me older than you (probably) and therefore you should respect me as your elder and do everything I say exactly as I say it.

Also, I think this thread is hilarious, and I'm offended that I am obviously wrong and stupid even though I FEEL I am smarter than everyone else.


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:09 PM, psychopathy wrote:
At 8/10/12 04:36 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:

obviously you agree, or are very stupid and need to be told so. Repeatedly.
funkbrs why do you still make these kinds of threads they're not funny please stop

Maybe he is practicing until he gets it right?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

e-lord
e-lord
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:36 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
I think we should ALL be VERY offended by even the idea of this.

love you


Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:58 PM Reply

ITT: Be more like Ngman7


|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

You know what grinds my gears? People like you

Bit
Bit
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Ironically, FUNKbrs' threads always make me smile.

FUNKbrs for best poster/admin/icon mod 1962. Let his infinite hatred become our unending joy.


BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Times have not changed.

People say the date on the calendar is different than what it was in the past, and that we should be more PROGRESSIVE and EMBRACE CHANGE.

Times have not changed. It is currently the year 1985, and I am in possession of a hooch powered time machine.

In the documentary Back to the Future, the Flux Capacitor is filled with a translucent yellow liquid. This liquid is HOOCH. By converting this hooch into urine, I am capable of posting my obviously ahead of their time messages into the FUTURE, which you are currently reading now.

I however, am safely in the year 1985, and boy do I love this new Trickle Down economics thing. We're gonna make americans so rich, other americans will become rich just by LOOKING at them.

How can this possibly ever go wrong?


My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

queens of stone age are a horrible band.

psychopathy
psychopathy
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 04:25 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:47 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 8/10/12 06:09 PM, psychopathy wrote:
funkbrs why do you still make these kinds of threads they're not funny please stop
Threads like these are a tradition, and traditions are something you should respect because you should have FAITH that the old days of the BBS were GOOD days for the BBS,

wait what

looking through the internet archives, the posts on the general forum were even more retarded 5~6 years ago then they are today

and not just as filled with idiots as they are today,

they were always filled with idiots

but also with more vicious and hateful users who occasionally actually shot/stabbed people and/or themselves (livecorpse, regret).

yes yes i know i've read those threads

If the old days were bad days, then that would mean that the BBS is still somewhat bad even it has improved, and I refuse to believe there is one single stain on the history of this BBS because I was there for it, thus making me older than you (probably) and therefore you should respect me as your elder and do everything I say exactly as I say it.

whatever you say boss

Also, I think this thread is hilarious, and I'm offended that I am obviously wrong and stupid even though I FEEL I am smarter than everyone else.

ok

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 04:42 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:47 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
At 8/10/12 06:09 PM, psychopathy wrote:
funkbrs why do you still make these kinds of threads they're not funny please stop
Threads like these are a tradition, and traditions are something you should respect because you should have FAITH that the old days of the BBS were GOOD days for the BBS, and not just as filled with idiots as they are today, but also with more vicious and hateful users who occasionally actually shot/stabbed people and/or themselves (livecorpse, regret).

If the old days were bad days, then that would mean that the BBS is still somewhat bad even it has improved, and I refuse to believe there is one single stain on the history of this BBS because I was there for it, thus making me older than you (probably) and therefore you should respect me as your elder and do everything I say exactly as I say it.

When I first glimpsed this site 12 years ago, the BBS was a scary, scatterbrained place of insane concepts and equally insane promises. The extremes in (un)intelligent discourse was great, the talk, REAL randomness, before the word was spoiled.

There's nothing like getting offended at a detailed and personal level (personal for the offended of course) - it puts you on the spot to show your true colors, and NOT some politically correct, e-version of yourself.

While you're enjoying Reaganomics (which is so helpfully included in my Firefox's dictionary) and and the fresh media whore Madonna, please do me a favor and gut the living bejesits out of the Political Correctness movement? And have a smoke and a beer in the arcade for me, will ya bud? And get some Quaaludes from the local college too - I never did get a chance to try that :3


Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 05:07 AM Reply

You're probably my most favourite favourite now.


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 05:28 AM Reply

what is this i dont even


BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 8/11/12 05:28 AM, Neoncrotch wrote: what is this i dont even

go back to your vault and dwell, shallow thinker. laying down a lame overused phrase like that and jetting is no way to communicate your lack of understanding.

and i could give a fuck if either you or the OP say different. i don't know what's more laughable - the OP's Hemingway-like war fantasies of a decade ago or your blatant disregard for intelligence in general.

Man up and say what you mean, and save the idle chatter for your overpriced texting toy.


Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 8/11/12 05:51 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 8/11/12 05:28 AM, Neoncrotch wrote: what is this i dont even
go back to your vault and dwell, shallow thinker. laying down a lame overused phrase like that and jetting is no way to communicate your lack of understanding.

and i could give a fuck if either you or the OP say different. i don't know what's more laughable - the OP's Hemingway-like war fantasies of a decade ago or your blatant disregard for intelligence in general.

Man up and say what you mean, and save the idle chatter for your overpriced texting toy.

I'm sorry. I set out to be the most politically correct, e-version of myself that I can be. Who are you to step on my dreams?


BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 06:59 AM Reply

I fart in your general direction.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 8/11/12 06:51 AM, Neoncrotch wrote:
At 8/11/12 05:51 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 8/11/12 05:28 AM, Neoncrotch wrote:
I'm sorry. I set out to be the most politically correct, e-version of myself that I can be. Who are you to step on my dreams?

Hopes and dreams don't enter into it - push comes to shove (IRL or in an online battle of wits), what are you going to do? Get all polite and self-effacing or stand for who you really are? I'm ready to be myself now before free speech becomes a buried part of our history.
The mass media won't dare to be truthful, so it's up to us to be true to our nature and others, before we all look and act the same. To be politically correct is what the world governments and bankers want - if we all have the same pre-formed opinions, we are that much easier to control.


Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 06:04 PM Reply

OP, You should feel bad about this bad topic.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Raab
Raab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

I'm offended.


BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Let's get offended. Aug. 12th, 2012 @ 03:59 AM Reply

...but you know, when you shoot your mouth off in a place t\like this, it can only mean one thing: dick.
It means dick. When someone steals from you or destroys what's most precious, that's offensive. And as time goes by, we are doing less of it and our governments are doing more.
The one thing political correctness ever did, was to unite civilians together, to get back some of what we used to call "the common cause", which was Americans helping Americans and others.... to treat each other the same when passing by on the street.
What I see now is a bunch of scared, excessively rich individuals, who choose not to be American, by ignoring the "99%" completely. These self-insulated, delusional people, are the most dangerous force the modern world has ever seen. When a handful of people control tens of trillions of dollars, the nations of the world are but security guards to their empires.
Now that's fucking offensive.


Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature