Be a Supporter!

Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi!

  • 9,596 Views
  • 141 Replies
New Topic
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 08:49 PM

At 12/19/12 08:39 PM, test-object wrote: the creepiness of your fantasies are simply off-putting to a lot of us.

You may be missing the fact that this is Newgrounds, where TheShadling is able to achieve maximum popularity.


Check out my webcomic: The Amazing and Remarkably True Adventures of Kim and Amy
Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

I don't find this off putting at all, really. Some people are just too sensitive. It's only an image... A DRAWN image, to be correct. If he were taking PHOTOGRAPHS of this, then that would be a totally different scenario. However, it's all subjective, just like your imagination is.

With that being said, you draw shit pretty well. Both literally and figuratively.

Haters gonna hate, I suppose, not much you can do about that.

But yeah, keep up the good work!


"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

At 12/19/12 10:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I don't find this off putting at all, really. Some people are just too sensitive. It's only an image.

My thoughts exactly. People who do find it off putting can simply not click the links. There isn't anything graphic posted in the thread. It would be nice to see something more than just links to your site though. Maybe post some sketches of character or location designs. Kind of like bonus material.


BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 08:59 AM

At 12/19/12 07:59 PM, Breaktroll wrote: Fucks sake, let the artist post it's art.
I'm pretty grossed out too, but since I've been around some pretty dark corners of the interwebs it doesn't really phase me that people can get into this stuff.
Stop thinking this is the worst thing people can get off to, and that if they like stuff like this they must be insane or total perverts. Most of you guys have seen nothing yet, and the people that do like the really weird stuff, are most likely quite normal outside of their kinks too.

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I expected people to get a bit surprised at some of the content. I appreciate your comment. ^_^ I know a lot of extreme fetish people and they are completely normal, just like you say.

OP, your arts are pretty good, I liked the first few pages, but the content got a bit too weird for me later on. But you're used to that by now. :P

Thanks!


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 09:05 AM

At 12/19/12 08:49 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 12/19/12 08:39 PM, test-object wrote: the creepiness of your fantasies are simply off-putting to a lot of us.
You may be missing the fact that this is Newgrounds, where TheShadling is able to achieve maximum popularity.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. His stuff lands 10 000 plus hits almost consistently, and that's in the first week! Anyways, TheShadling is cool!


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 09:08 AM

At 12/19/12 10:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I don't find this off putting at all, really. Some people are just too sensitive. It's only an image... A DRAWN image, to be correct. If he were taking PHOTOGRAPHS of this, then that would be a totally different scenario. However, it's all subjective, just like your imagination is.

With that being said, you draw shit pretty well. Both literally and figuratively.

Haters gonna hate, I suppose, not much you can do about that.

But yeah, keep up the good work!

Thanks! You basically said it all! I totally agree with you Rhunyc! And I thank you for your nice comments about my skillz.


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 09:16 AM

At 12/19/12 10:35 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 12/19/12 10:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I don't find this off putting at all, really. Some people are just too sensitive. It's only an image.
My thoughts exactly. People who do find it off putting can simply not click the links. There isn't anything graphic posted in the thread. It would be nice to see something more than just links to your site though. Maybe post some sketches of character or location designs. Kind of like bonus material.

That's an interesting suggestion. I may be able to. As of right now, the bonus material like you mentioned is going to be in the printed version of Rose Love Chapter 1.

I have to say, although I expected it, It's weird to hear such nega criticism and at the same time receive tons of requests for a printed book version. I guess haters, really are gonna hate. But the real question is, why do they hate? I suspect only the forum gods truly know the answer.


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

op just doesn't give


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

a fuk


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

about the haterz


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:14 PM

At 12/20/12 11:58 AM, Idioteque123 wrote: about the haterz

So true.


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:15 PM

If you happen to celebrate such things as I do, then I'd like to wish you all Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas!


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:07 PM

At 12/20/12 09:16 AM, SteelMullet wrote:

I have to say, although I expected it, It's weird to hear such nega criticism and at the same time receive tons of requests for a printed book version. I guess haters, really are gonna hate. But the real question is, why do they hate? I suspect only the forum gods truly know the answer.

well since youre asking; the whole haters gonna hate thingy isnt really going on in this tread. if someone expresses his disgust about your picture's he isnt neccesarily a hater. no one ever criticized your drawings, only the stuff you draw. You decided to post links in an art portal for people to check it out, and some, including myself, dont like what you draw. Now if someone expresses his negative opinion on your stuff, following your logic, is automatically a hater.

that doesnt make sense. What did you expect? everyone falling in love with your graphic representation of your twisted sexual frustration? you yourself admitted it a niche thing, So dont expect only praise when posting it on public fora.

again, no one is really hating, no one is offended, no one really cares about the material. Some people are just a little grossed out. and since were in a forum/thread people tend to write their objections down.

simple as that


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:02 PM

At 12/23/12 03:04 PM, Escalus wrote: Dontcha know that expressing dislike on the subject matter of something = hating these days?

well i am getting old.


God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

At 12/23/12 02:07 PM, Tomsan wrote:
well since youre asking; the whole haters gonna hate thingy isnt really going on in this tread. if someone expresses his disgust about your picture's he isnt neccesarily a hater. no one ever criticized your drawings, only the stuff you draw. You decided to post links in an art portal for people to check it out, and some, including myself, dont like what you draw. Now if someone expresses his negative opinion on your stuff, following your logic, is automatically a hater.
simple as that

If only others could write such calm and logical stuff like you Tomsan, maybe I would agree with you. But if you check some of the other comments, you can definitely tell the difference. But I mean come on, it's hilarious and even awesome to some degree, to see first timers take a gander at my stuff, so I don't mind if ppl get grossed out by it.

What's super odd are the crazy assumptions about me, the OP, that go along with them. But the only thing people know about me is that I draw extreme fetish anal comic porn. Are ya feelin' me Tomsan?


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

At 12/23/12 03:04 PM, Escalus wrote: Dontcha know that expressing dislike on the subject matter of something = hating these days?

Haha, sarcasm.


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

At 12/24/12 10:54 AM, SteelMullet wrote: If only others could write such calm and logical stuff like you Tomsan, maybe I would agree with you. But if you check some of the other comments, you can definitely tell the difference. But I mean come on, it's hilarious and even awesome to some degree, to see first timers take a gander at my stuff, so I don't mind if ppl get grossed out by it.

What's super odd are the crazy assumptions about me, the OP, that go along with them. But the only thing people know about me is that I draw extreme fetish anal comic porn. Are ya feelin' me Tomsan?

What in the Satan's pubes are you blabbering about? No-one was pissed off, in fact, many were (to my surprise) being more vindicatory in your favour.

Stop feeling special, no-one hates nor likes you or your drawings.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

i like him(?) and his drawings.


Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

I think I need to follow this thread more. People are confusing between feedback to insulting the artist for their choice of content. The latter is frowned upon.


BBS Signature
Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

its really more the 'plot' i don't really care for, i think the artist could do better. but the plot isn't that important for a pornographic purpose. as a 'soft' extreme pornographer he does his job pretty well. This "op must get off to his own stuff because he draws it" is pure fantasy.

I draw porn and I am mentally and physically unable to react to -any- drawn pornography for the simple reason that any image gets judged and taken apart as an illustration first, there is no room for thinking about it erotically. I personally know an amazing hyper-realistic artist who in her spare time makes scat pornography for commissioners and she thinks its hilarious, not hot. I dont draw porn because I enjoy drawing it, I draw it because its what people want to buy.

Seriously, whatever sells sells, when drawing is your living you make do drawing whatever gets you money.
Hard anime isn't my thing, and neither is anal incest lesbian pornography, but i can respect his decision to make it because people eat this shit up. No pun intended.


Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM

At 12/24/12 11:19 AM, Template88 wrote: him(?)

him.


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
CypressDahlia
CypressDahlia
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM

At 12/24/12 11:35 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I think I need to follow this thread more. People are confusing between feedback to insulting the artist for their choice of content. The latter is frowned upon.

This right here. The quality of his art is in the higher tier for adult art on NG. We should at least appreciate that.

TBH, I'd like to see some non manga pages from you (@OP)

test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:51 PM

At 12/24/12 11:42 AM, Template88 wrote: Seriously, whatever sells sells, when drawing is your living you make do drawing whatever gets you money.
Hard anime isn't my thing, and neither is anal incest lesbian pornography, but i can respect his decision to make it because people eat this shit up. No pun intended.

Why are you arguing with no-one? This isn't about what is art and what is porn, or that anyone hates him for doing porn or whether you enjoy it or not. This is about how OP seems to convey that he feels like he's something special. 'People who disagree are haters' is the worst fucking mindset for any person; artist, pornographer, police officer or politician.

I admit I may be a bit of a moralfag how I feel worried about the general state of mind where this is considered 'sexy', but If you enjoy the shameless porn art, be my guest I suppose. I'm not upset nor particularly interested in your life.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM

This thread:

OP: Here is my stuff. I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

Sayers: P. good, you are talent

Naysayers: n*gga you gay

OP: You mad bro?

Naysayers: I ain't mad n*gga you just gay

Sayers: dunno y u mad

OP: hatrs gon hate lol

Turkeyonastick: Everyone, I'm paying attention to this thread and I am disappoint


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM

At 12/24/12 04:00 PM, Idioteque123 wrote: Shitty memes as alternative to humor

You're just an idiot though.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM

At 12/24/12 04:06 PM, test-object wrote: You're just an idiot though.

why you

n*gga I'm on your side


fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM

Sorry, I don't forum enough, so I don't really care to make this look neat and proper... But..

test-object wrote:
:Jesus fucking christ, this is no treat nor is this sexual, it's an utter horrific gore-fest.
I usually don't mind strange subjects, there's strength in variety, but what are you even thinking. Do you genuinly get off on this? Because if so, I'm more worried about you than angry.

You kind of just attacked him for the subject of his art by saying "what are you even thinking", and insultingly suggested (by being "more worried than angry") that he has mental/sexual problems.

At 12/24/12 03:51 PM, test-object wrote: Why are you arguing with no-one? This isn't about what is art and what is porn, or that anyone hates him for doing porn or whether you enjoy it or not. This is about how OP seems to convey that he feels like he's something special. 'People who disagree are haters' is the worst fucking mindset for any person; artist, pornographer, police officer or politician.

I admit I may be a bit of a moralfag how I feel worried about the general state of mind where this is considered 'sexy', but If you enjoy the shameless porn art, be my guest I suppose. I'm not upset nor particularly interested in your life.

I'm getting mixed signals from you, test-object. First you're worried about his life, and now you're not interested?

I don't normally contribute to forum debates because mostly I feel like they're pointless, however I'm making this exception because I'm really curious as to why you feel the need to keep posting.. He doesn't think he's special or anything, as far as I can tell. In fact, I dare say he's very appreciative for the feedback he receives ON HIS ART. The biggest criticism I'm seeing is 'What's wrong with you OP?' 'This is disgusting'..... Which aren't really criticisms on his art... Just the subject matter. The whole 'haters gonna hate' thing I think he's just saying as an easy-going way of dismissing criticisms on himself as a person, not his art. If you told him his linework needed adjusting or the perspectives of his characters needed tweaking, then I'm sure he wouldn't say "haters gonna hate".. You know.. Cause it's actual constructive feedback. Asking what's wrong with himself as a person and being worried about his mental health isn't really a criticism.. More or less an insult.

Also, I'm probably going to get a stern talking to for fueling the fire... But eh.. It's controversial, since well, we're conversing about it..
And I'm not afraid of derailing the thread, because it's clear that the point of derailment has already happened. I just feel like test-object is misinterpreting things a little bit... Or maybe I am? Just offering a different viewpoint. I don't mean to be harsh or mean or anything.. just trying to understand.

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:47 PM

Hey guys,

Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi!


I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM

At 12/24/12 05:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: You kind of just attacked him for the subject of his art by saying "what are you even thinking", and insultingly suggested (by being "more worried than angry") that he has mental/sexual problems.

Poor choice of saying 'him'. I'm more worried about how an audience managed to sprout and evolve in such a way where they grew some sort of appreciation to this stuff. As I said: 'I admit I may be a bit of a moralfag'

My problem is twofold; on one hand, it's that audience I'm actually interested in. I'm looking for a viewpoint that gives a proper reasoning as to how this can be considered sexy instead of revolting and grotesque. I know that tastes can differ, but in my eyes this just seems extremism without subtlety or substance. The problem is that, unlike I initially thought, OP doesn't really seem to share that viewpoint so he can't really explain it other than 'because it gets me attention'. I don't mind him making it, I wonder why anyone would want it.

Which brings me to the second point: unlike I originally thought, he conveys as if he doesn't 'enjoy' his drawings (at least, that's what I pick up). This pretty much makes him an art whore. That's the point where I don't think this has much artistic value and where I get particularly annoyed with the whole 'haters gonna hate' schtick. There's no-one hating you nor are you 'edgy' since you don't believe in the drawing to begin with anyway. All subject aside, you're still drawing generic anime which I simply do not care for and I feel as if he's half using the sentence as a way to distract people from this fact and act as if he's the artist that the current generation doesn't understand or some shit like that.

SteelMullet, if I'm wrong in this, please disprove me. Maybe you genuinly ARE into this kind of stuff. I'd love to hear what in the hell you like about it so much and how you can explain it. I'm genuinly curious. Not holding my breath though.

At 12/24/12 05:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: And I'm not afraid of derailing the thread, because it's clear that the point of derailment has already happened. I just feel like test-object is misinterpreting things a little bit... Or maybe I am? Just offering a different viewpoint. I don't mean to be harsh or mean or anything.. just trying to understand.

If anyone's to blame, it's me. Should have stopped before I made even the first post.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Member since: Feb. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Rose Love! My Very Own Doujinshi! Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

At 12/24/12 11:42 AM, Template88 wrote:

:This "op must get off to his own stuff because he draws it" is pure fantasy.

I draw porn and I am mentally and physically unable to react to -any- drawn pornography for the simple reason that any image gets judged and taken apart as an illustration first, there is no room for thinking about it erotically. I personally know an amazing hyper-realistic artist who in her spare time makes scat pornography for commissioners and she thinks its hilarious, not hot. I dont draw porn because I enjoy drawing it, I draw it because its what people want to buy.
Seriously, whatever sells sells, when drawing is your living you make do drawing whatever gets you money.
Hard anime isn't my thing, and neither is anal incest lesbian pornography, but i can respect his decision to make it because people eat this shit up. No pun intended.

Truly a great response! ^_^ I agree with this fully. You seem to know exactly what's going on and are very clear when explaining it. I LOLed at "because people eat this shit up" part. Haha.


Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature