New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mr-No-Name
Mr-No-Name
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
[as3] Game Prototype Help Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM Reply

I'm trying to make a prototype game. Basically, it's based off of a form of meditation a friend taught me.

Every four seconds, a timer ticks down to zero and you press the spacebar.
After every five spacebar presses, you have to hit 'Enter' to "reload".
There's a counter that counts how many times you press the spacebar before reloading it, and after you do reload it, it shows you the highest number of spacebar hits (once again, you're only able to hit it every four seconds) you had before reloading it.

In the end, the goal of this game is to find yourself in a deeply concentrated, meditative state.

If anyone can give me a few starting pointers (I'm not much of a programmer; it's just not in me), a link to somewhere that can help me, or even offer to partner up as a programmer with me as the visual artist, designer, and musician (I plan on having six separate notes that play in order when you hit the spacebar each time respectively. This is to confuse the player. They must keep their mind focused on the button pressing, not the audio and visuals), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for any help.

Zomg

BBS Signature
businessman9774
businessman9774
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to [as3] Game Prototype Help Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:24 AM Reply

I can certainly help you out with this, it's pretty straightforward but just a bit more than I'd like to explain in a post :P