New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigbudda
bigbudda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Criticise my art 2012-08-08 15:39:38 Reply

and be hard on me, i want to grow as an artist so dont tell me its pretty without giving me pointers how it can become better, thanx in advance.

Criticise my art

bigbudda
bigbudda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-08 15:41:08 Reply

Another one

Criticise my art

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-08 15:57:53 Reply

Very nice love it. As for the skull, i would look at the background a bit. The blocks are noticable

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
bigbudda
bigbudda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-08 16:40:14 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:57 PM, Tomsan wrote: Very nice love it. As for the skull, i would look at the background a bit. The blocks are noticable

Thanks, yeah the ''blocks'' are a pattern i made in photoshop, im going to use the skull in a bigger piece im making, so i just filled the background like that because otherwise it would look kinda boring.

Urgorn
Urgorn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-08 17:20:24 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:39 PM, bigbudda wrote: and be hard on me, i want to grow as an artist so dont tell me its pretty without giving me pointers how it can become better, thanx in advance.

Personally, I think it's awesome. Just keep doin' this kinda stuff!! Very cool mood setting

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-08 17:40:46 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:41 PM, bigbudda wrote: Another one

It's pretty good. I like all the individual pieces, but they don't really fit together well imo. They all look like parts of a different picture. For example, those colorful arrows in the background are all glassy and shiny. The skulls and cell shaded with black shadows. The girl is flat with no shading. The graffiti text at the bottom has gradient shading. It looks like you glued a few random pieces together with no rhyme or reason.

Again, I think you did some nice work on this, I just think the composition as a whole is all over the place.

BBS Signature
bigbudda
bigbudda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Criticise my art 2012-08-09 10:09:32 Reply

At 8/8/12 05:40 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 8/8/12 03:41 PM, bigbudda wrote: Another one
It's pretty good. I like all the individual pieces, but they don't really fit together well imo. They all look like parts of a different picture. For example, those colorful arrows in the background are all glassy and shiny. The skulls and cell shaded with black shadows. The girl is flat with no shading. The graffiti text at the bottom has gradient shading. It looks like you glued a few random pieces together with no rhyme or reason.

Again, I think you did some nice work on this, I just think the composition as a whole is all over the place.

Thanks, and yes those were pieces i had lying around and just put them together, i think im gonna shade them all in the same way and try again