New Topic Respond to this Topic
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 13:48:28 Reply

What are some accomplishments you have with your music? Have you created music for the next big video game? Or did you do voice acting for a new animation that will come out soon? Did you create sound effects for anything, write a musical? Just list your accomplishments you have achieved as a composer.

If you haven't had any accomplishments yet, what are your goals? What do you wish to accomplish? Is there anything you want to do?

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 15:00:06 Reply

Hey! :D

There's already plenty of that kind of talk in the Lounge!

;)

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 18:37:55 Reply

At 8/8/12 06:14 PM, Lasse wrote: I make the best music on newgrounds

As the best judge of talent on newgrounds, I can confirm this.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 18:50:07 Reply

I have dreams.... Dreams to make musicals, dreams to make video game soundtracks, dreams to master the drums..... but they all point to one dream -- I want to truly move people to the core with music.

......I wouldn't even ask to be the best in anything, just that I retain my passion even with whatever I learn.

But they're dreams.

And who would look upon those dreams with any degree of love anyway?

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 19:07:48 Reply

got past the NG audio portal submission screening process

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 19:16:51 Reply

At 8/8/12 07:07 PM, jpbear wrote: got past the NG audio portal submission screening process

I did the above and am currently doing some sound design for a game along with making music for a fighting game.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 19:26:49 Reply

If I compare to other in Norway/Finland that same age as me then I am practically a loser...

Let's say I has been a quiet composer/musician for 14 years who doesn't have many accomplishments.

My goal? Is to enjoy my musical hobbies and be friend with other musicians/programmers...

stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 19:28:17 Reply

nice to everything! I actually got the chance to create music for a published iphone game!

Check out my pages!

DuttonsaysHi
DuttonsaysHi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-08 19:38:17 Reply

At 8/8/12 07:28 PM, stunkel wrote: nice to everything! I actually got the chance to create music for a published iphone game!

Congrats man!

I just personally want people to find use in my music. Use them for bg music in their video montages, machinimas, vidya games, flashes that stuff.

If I search my name on youtube I've started to see a few things pop up using my music. Like This and This aswell and few other things :)

It's not much but it's a nice feeling and an accomplishment to me :D

z-raven
z-raven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 00:49:59 Reply

I have 2 fans! I guess that's an accomplishment lol.

nah, I believe my next goal has to be making music for a video game. I guess I'll find out what my net goal will be after that.

Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 01:00:35 Reply

I would probably say Amplified Rage. That song has become very successful. Suprising thing is, even after like 2 days of submitting it, it had already become one of my most successful songs I had ever done. Pretty amazing.

A few others, but nothing special. I really would like my music to be used in a successful flash project though

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 01:19:32 Reply

I got a pat on the back once...

...from myself.

lol fuk u

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 01:21:44 Reply

I MADE A BILLION DOLLARS FOR ROARING IN SOME STUPID GAME ON NEWGROUNDS

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 01:50:17 Reply

At 8/9/12 01:21 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I MADE A BILLION DOLLARS FOR ROARING IN SOME STUPID GAME ON NEWGROUNDS

I MADE THE OTHER BILLION FOR THE MUSIC

also playing the open mic at blip australia and having all these amazing dudes tell me my set was awesome.

p.s. i am gay

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 04:07:44 Reply

well my ultimate goal wouldt be hearing my songs on the radio and move to party's as the Dj of that night.

but for now i'm trying to get more fans and also better known

the best thing I lately accomplished was that a friend of my ( whitch said 1 year ago " omg your music really sucks" , yes did hited me really hard) say like yesterday wow your music is amazing can u send me those 3 songs in HQ. and I was like :D

BBS Signature
Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 09:16:14 Reply

At 8/9/12 01:19 AM, HyperTrough wrote: I got a pat on the back once...

...from myself.

Hahahahaha

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 10:00:21 Reply

Made a couple songs for Zombie Ressurection.

Plan to make more songs for games and am working with an awesome animator to get my music and voice acting into animations of my own imagination.

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 11:16:03 Reply

At 8/9/12 04:22 AM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 8/8/12 01:48 PM, stunkel wrote: What are some accomplishments you have with your music?
One of my songs got over 100 downloads, which is a huge feat. That same song is close to 1000 listens, which would be the next big feat.
If you haven't had any accomplishments yet, what are your goals? What do you wish to accomplish? Is there anything you want to do?
My goal...is to overcome (be better than) ParagonX9 and NemesisTheory combined and become the greatest Dutch producer in the AP (not greatest of all, though). If I can nab 2323 fans it would be a superb feat as well.

For now, it will be impossible with this SHIT laptop (only 0.256 GB of RAM, and I'm serious) since it LAGS AND LAGS.

For some reason I don't really care about music on newgrounds. I like the community, but posting my music doesn' really do anything for me. That's why I use soundcloud and youtube more, I have 76 followers on soundcloud and 146 subs on youtube. It's just that it doesn't do much to have fans on newgrounds I guess. But those accomplishments are pretty awesome!

Check out my pages!

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 13:00:06 Reply

Someone once told me in a review that my music helped them to keep going and not give up hope when battling with testicular cancer. o_o

Someone else said this:

"If I could punch you in the face and somehow absorb your talent, I would do so with such ferocity that both time and space would meld together into a singularity at the point of impact. I love your music. Bravo, Sir. Bravo."

I don't think my compositions are all that great, but I'm content if I've moved the listener or caused them to feel a little more alive.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 14:40:19 Reply

Biggest accomplishment is getting my high school concert band to play one of my pieces... didn't sound that great, but conducting an original piece is the most thrilling thing I have done in my entire life... makes roller coasters seem boring.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 15:50:55 Reply

At 8/9/12 02:40 PM, samulis wrote: Biggest accomplishment is getting my high school concert band to play one of my pieces... didn't sound that great, but conducting an original piece is the most thrilling thing I have done in my entire life... makes roller coasters seem boring.

That really is an amazing experience. I've had a piece of mine performed by a professional pianist at a music composition camp and hearing someone else interpret my music was incredible. I also got to conduct the choir at the community college I go to, but that wasn't an original piece. So while I've not conducted my own piece yet, I can somewhat relate.

What made the performance sound bad?

KajinChunsaMusic
KajinChunsaMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 16:28:37 Reply

I'm a hip-hop recording artist and I believe that a few of my own personal accomplishments is that I've had 3 major record labels have on surveillance. 2 of them were international:

511 Records: Reno, Nevada Branch
I forgot this one but it was located in South Africa
King Records: Tokyo, Japan

I just barely joined a screamo/post-apocalyptic metal/horrorcore rap group--basically rap metal--and our leader, the singer, she might have a record deal for us waiting in Florida. I forgot which one it was, though. But she said her brother has been talking to them for us and put in a good word. When our leader gets off probe in 1 year, it'll be all good, so she can move from Arizona.

I had a ton of off-genre fans like rap music through me--as if I was the gateway. I have tons of messages every day of people thanking me for making music and literally describing how I've motivated them or inspired them or something. Those are mine.

"I chose to make a purpose in every banger even if I wasn't played in clubs like Edge, Orchid or Danger. I chose to say fuck all the Illuminati singers." -KC, The Underground

BBS Signature
samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 16:44:58 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:50 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: What made the performance sound bad?

1. Band arrangement of Orchestral piece
2. Normal HS concert band with only a few practices and little attention to detail.
3. Poor mics for recording (on the stage it was breathtaking, but the recording is a fraction of the might even though I did some EQ and mastering stuff to try to clean it up).

It's called "Journey (Concert)" in my audio if you want to listen.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
TheBustinJeebers
TheBustinJeebers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 18:51:26 Reply

I got signed to a record label. I'm seriously happy about that.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 19:17:02 Reply

At 8/9/12 06:51 PM, TheBustinJeebers wrote: I got signed to a record label. I'm seriously happy about that.

Nice. Which label?

TheBustinJeebers
TheBustinJeebers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 19:46:44 Reply

At 8/9/12 07:17 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 8/9/12 06:51 PM, TheBustinJeebers wrote: I got signed to a record label. I'm seriously happy about that.
Nice. Which label?

Strange Matter Electronics. They're pretty small, but it makes me happy that someone would like my music so much that they'd think "I want to put in a good amount of time and effort into making this person known".

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-09 19:54:48 Reply

At 8/9/12 07:46 PM, TheBustinJeebers wrote: Strange Matter Electronics. They're pretty small, but it makes me happy that someone would like my music so much that they'd think "I want to put in a good amount of time and effort into making this person known".

That's exactly right. Congrats!

pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 09:45:26 Reply

Well...I've been played on BBC Radio and XFM, had a single released, been used in a fair few games on here and elsewhere, actually made real money from music, my music has been used in theatre productions as well as independent films. I am now working in a band where our first single has been released recently, we have festivals lined up and look like we could genuinely make a break through!

Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 09:58:44 Reply

At 8/10/12 09:45 AM, pitbulljones wrote: Well...I've been played on BBC Radio and XFM, had a single released, been used in a fair few games on here and elsewhere, actually made real money from music, my music has been used in theatre productions as well as independent films. I am now working in a band where our first single has been released recently, we have festivals lined up and look like we could genuinely make a break through!

BBC Radio 1????

Congrats to you. Whether or not the rest of us end up as you do is another story. T_T

AMDG ✝

Reflection for this Advent: Jesus, Mary and Joseph were asylum-seekers.
Currently in progress: INI:FLIPSWITCH

BBS Signature
pitbulljones
pitbulljones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to List your accomplishments in music! 2012-08-10 10:18:52 Reply

At 8/10/12 09:58 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 8/10/12 09:45 AM, pitbulljones wrote: Well...I've been played on BBC Radio and XFM, had a single released, been used in a fair few games on here and elsewhere, actually made real money from music, my music has been used in theatre productions as well as independent films. I am now working in a band where our first single has been released recently, we have festivals lined up and look like we could genuinely make a break through!
BBC Radio 1????

Congrats to you. Whether or not the rest of us end up as you do is another story. T_T

Unfortunately not Radio 1, it was BBC Manchester, but it was the BBC none the less :) Honestly it sounds like a lot that list of accomplishments but it's not really, that's over the course of about 10 years. sometimes I've gone years without a whiff of any success whatsoever and my reviews and recognition on this site have diminished exponentially due to rarely frequenting here because of other commitments. I have to work a full time job to keep my head above water still but i now have a decent work/life balance and that's helped me push along recently. I suppose it all comes down to how hard you're willing to work at being a musician, make enough noise and get in touch with the right people, but most of all enjoy what you're doing!

Latest Tracks: Thinking Back and Edith
My Soundcloud My Youtube
If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature