Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

I'm working on a project and I'll need multiple story writers and there are revenues involved :D
PM me if you're interested.

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 8/8/12 12:38 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:

Although you have said you want people to pm you for more information. you should provide some more information here. That way people can get a better idea of what you are looking for before committing. It'll be easier for you and for us. Win-win.

Wahoo!

Despite the name, I'm actually good--Deft, and good!

Giving out reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:09 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 01:55 AM, DeftAndEvil wrote:
At 8/8/12 12:38 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:
Although you have said you want people to pm you for more information. you should provide some more information here. That way people can get a better idea of what you are looking for before committing. It'll be easier for you and for us. Win-win.

Wahoo!

PMing me for more information doesn't commit to anything and that way I get people are actually wanna write stuff and reach out to opportunities. I think I have a unique project and I don't wanna lay down my idea here for everyone to see.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:10 AM Reply

who actually wanna write*

munio
munio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:10 AM, Evil-Dog wrote: who actually wanna write*

seriuously most writers on here will need a little bit more then this vague description to get even remotely interested in collaborating

BBS Signature
Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

Perhaps I should have posted sooner. I PMed Evil-Dog and warned him about this thread. He is satisfied with whatever outcome results from it. He has also stated that he would rather withhold the details, which we should respect as being his decision.

To reiterate, however, and this is directed at Evil-Dog, it is probably best to post more information. This is such a small community, if you really want to mine it, you have to generate some level of buzz. Hopefully these bumps are helping but they won't last forever. And threads fade into obscurity very quickly in this forum... like fifth thread from the top, no one is looking at it anymore, quickly.

And to assuage your concerns of plagiarism, judging by the details you gave me, you don't have much to fear. The information you sent me would be enough to give a clear image of your project, while also protecting the content. I can tell you this much: that same idea was posed not a month or two ago by a different user. Something to keep in mind. If we can't trust the community we want to collaborate with, how can we trust the individuals that come out of it?
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 11:36 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:43 AM, Deathcon7 wrote: Perhaps I should have posted sooner. I PMed Evil-Dog and warned him about this thread. He is satisfied with whatever outcome results from it. He has also stated that he would rather withhold the details, which we should respect as being his decision.

To reiterate, however, and this is directed at Evil-Dog, it is probably best to post more information. This is such a small community, if you really want to mine it, you have to generate some level of buzz. Hopefully these bumps are helping but they won't last forever. And threads fade into obscurity very quickly in this forum... like fifth thread from the top, no one is looking at it anymore, quickly.

And to assuage your concerns of plagiarism, judging by the details you gave me, you don't have much to fear. The information you sent me would be enough to give a clear image of your project, while also protecting the content. I can tell you this much: that same idea was posed not a month or two ago by a different user. Something to keep in mind. If we can't trust the community we want to collaborate with, how can we trust the individuals that come out of it?

Yeah I totally agree, but until the app is a bit more complete, I'll withhold the information, like I said, to keep my idea a bit secret. I already got a couple writters interested and I'm looking for comic artists as well, the project I'm doing will allow writers and artists to join afterward after the app is launched, so later on I'll release ALL the informations to get more authors in :)

I'm sorry for being secretive, I just wanted to get some passionate writers to launch with and then I'll open the floodgates with all the info

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 11:36 AM, Evil-Dog wrote: I'm sorry for being secretive, I just wanted to get some passionate writers to launch with and then I'll open the floodgates with all the info

Understood, and how you handle this is entirely within the realm of your prerogative. I guess the main concern is the "passionate writers" that you're looking for. Hopefully the people who have expressed interest will fairly represent the writing forum, if that's where you found them.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 12:07 PM, Deathcon7 wrote:
At 8/9/12 11:36 AM, Evil-Dog wrote: I'm sorry for being secretive, I just wanted to get some passionate writers to launch with and then I'll open the floodgates with all the info
Understood, and how you handle this is entirely within the realm of your prerogative. I guess the main concern is the "passionate writers" that you're looking for. Hopefully the people who have expressed interest will fairly represent the writing forum, if that's where you found them.

Yeah so far I got a couple from the forums here and like I said, I can get more writers later on with the full detail of the project, it's no problem for me. I just want some content to launch with whether they're the best writers or not, just need people to start the fire with me until I poor gasoline on it :D

I'm mostly looking for comic artists so a couple text writers is quite good for a start. Don't worry the project will be laid bare before your eyes in the short future :)

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply

And I say "I can get more writers later", by that I mean "I WANT/NEED to get more writers later" :)

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 11:36 AM, Evil-Dog wrote: Yeah I totally agree, but until the app is a bit more complete, I'll withhold the information, like I said, to keep my idea a bit secret.

I love to mystery surrounding this, so I just had to drop you a PM on this, to try my hand at it, if not just to be a nosy bugger.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

Well, you are a big name on NG, and we're just--well, we're just dudes, so you can post however you like.

But, it doesn't make any sense. From what I've gathered, someone pms you and you pm them the info, which I assume is form letter-esque. It would've been easier to just post the information which would've increased exposure to more writers (also, details like which other forums you've posted this in would be nice; I hope you didn't post in General or Fanfiction.net, for example). Also, it would help to have some sort of process, at least. Something like:

I am looking for a writer to (insert job description here) for a (insert genre here) (insert medium here). The project will be headed by me and includes (insert other collaborators here). The project is will be (1-2 sentences about what it is). I have experience as (insert jobs/work here) and can offer (insert compensation here [you said revenue, but writers' credit is enough]). Please PM me if you are interested. Please include contact information (such as e-mail, or NG PMs), previous experience (writing work for other projects, writing contests etc.). I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a ton, mi amigos--Yeehaw! (you don't need to include that last part).

Evil-Dog

Something like this will not just be easier for both of us; it should smooth out the application pool.

Also, I don't understand the reticence. Your idea can't be so secretive that you will divulge the information to any person who pms you, and I doubt it is so complex that it can't be summarized or described. You might as well make it public. And to agree with Deathcon: I sincerely hope you select someone from the Writing Forum.

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

Lol....what's so hard to understand, I don't wanna tell what my project is YET, I want dedicated writers to PM me, that's it, very simple. if you don't like it, don't PM me and move along.
Are you guys so fucking entitled that everything has to be how you personnaly want it? haha...I've explained why I'm not revealing the project details already. Moving on jesus christ on a pogo stick.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:44 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: Lol....what's so hard to understand, I don't wanna tell what my project is YET, I want dedicated writers to PM me, that's it, very simple. if you don't like it, don't PM me and move along.
Are you guys so fucking entitled that everything has to be how you personnaly want it? haha...I've explained why I'm not revealing the project details already. Moving on jesus christ on a pogo stick.

Not to be rude or anything, just saying.
I'm entirely satisfied with the kind of PMs I get so far with my lack of details.
You'll know all about the project later

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:44 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: Lol....what's so hard to understand, I don't wanna tell what my project is YET,

I'm sure all your followers on Twitter are quite literally shaking with anticipation.

I want dedicated writers to PM me, that's it, very simple. if you don't like it, don't PM me and move along.

If you don't like how people react on the Internet, please go back to the Stone Age.

People on the Writing Forum are the least entitled out of everyone on the forums, so I don't know what you are talking about. I don't think you understand that we are trying to help you. Yes you've explained why you don't want your ceremonious revelation revealed ceremoniously just yet, and I think I've done a good job explaining why you should provide more info.

Not to be rude or anything, just saying.

I for one, sir, am deeply and utterly offended.

I'm entirely satisfied with the kind of PMs I get so far with my lack of details.

What kind of PMs did you get? I mean other than "what do you want?"

You'll know all about the project later

I am literally shaking with anticipation. Wait, I already said that. Jk I don't follow you on Twitter.

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

No offense.

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:05 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote: No offense.

lol ok

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 06:40 AM Reply

Okay, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate, to the debate between DeftAndEvil and EvilDog that appears to be puttering away here. Yes, it was explained in such a vague way, that people didn't know what on earth they were getting into, unless the sent ED a PM. Fine by me, I'm a materialistic weasel, so I was sold at the term "revenue".

DAE's point is that it could have been explained better, so something like ED saying "I'm after a bunch of dedicated writers, who are capable of writing a multiple part short story, to a tight deadline. Please PM me for further details - I can't give more at the moment, but all will be revealed through PM, but we're keeping this project hush-hush for now. Oh, if you're good enough, you might even make some money out of it."

Okay, does that sound better? For those that care, I'm on board and I love the way this is panning out. For anyone that is sitting on the fence and fancies a challenge, get in touch with EvilDog, this man has had a fantastic idea and good authors should be on board. Even mediocre authors should be on board, this will help them to develop. Trust me.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 08:24 AM Reply

At 8/13/12 06:40 AM, Coop wrote: Okay, does that sound better? For those that care, I'm on board and I love the way this is panning out. For anyone that is sitting on the fence and fancies a challenge, get in touch with EvilDog, this man has had a fantastic idea and good authors should be on board. Even mediocre authors should be on board, this will help them to develop. Trust me.

Glad to hear he sold you on it. It's a comfort to know you'll be working on this and properly representing what this forum offers. Under different circumstances I would have tried to help as well, but my time is almost entirely accounted for. Good luck to you guys.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 08:24 AM, Deathcon7 wrote: Glad to hear he sold you on it. It's a comfort to know you'll be working on this and properly representing what this forum offers. Under different circumstances I would have tried to help as well, but my time is almost entirely accounted for. Good luck to you guys.

The goal of this post was to get a dozen stories to start with but later, more people will be able to join so if your time frees up, you can join later. It'l be available for anyone with enough interest to join. The whole project will be exposed in a month or 2

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 01:15 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: The goal of this post was to get a dozen stories to start with but later, more people will be able to join so if your time frees up, you can join later. It'l be available for anyone with enough interest to join. The whole project will be exposed in a month or 2

And trust me, that month or two is going to cause so much activity, it's going to be frightening!

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 8/13/12 01:43 PM, Coop wrote:
At 8/13/12 01:15 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: The goal of this post was to get a dozen stories to start with but later, more people will be able to join so if your time frees up, you can join later. It'l be available for anyone with enough interest to join. The whole project will be exposed in a month or 2
And trust me, that month or two is going to cause so much activity, it's going to be frightening!

Yeah I think people will be interested, but now we're just twisting the knife in the wound haha

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:27 AM, munio wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:10 AM, Evil-Dog wrote: who actually wanna write*
seriuously most writers on here will need a little bit more then this vague description to get even remotely interested in collaborating

You don't seem to know who Evil-Dog is... Just check the games he has made, he's not the kind of person who will waste your time.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 04:19 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 03:18 AM, Gambit wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:27 AM, munio wrote: seriuously most writers on here will need a little bit more then this vague description to get even remotely interested in collaborating
You don't seem to know who Evil-Dog is... Just check the games he has made, he's not the kind of person who will waste your time.

Exactly - one of the reasons that I sent the PM straight away was that if a guy who can attract 7,000+ fans on Newgrounds asks for writers, I'm interested, regardless of what the project turns out to be.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 05:35 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 04:19 AM, Coop wrote:
At 8/16/12 03:18 AM, Gambit wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:27 AM, munio wrote: seriuously most writers on here will need a little bit more then this vague description to get even remotely interested in collaborating
Exactly - one of the reasons that I sent the PM straight away was that if a guy who can attract 7,000+ fans on Newgrounds asks for writers, I'm interested, regardless of what the project turns out to be.

And it's quite the sweet project, yes!

Hopefully, it turns out better than the last project I had with ED, though.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 05:35 AM, Gambit wrote: Hopefully, it turns out better than the last project I had with ED, though.

Shut up Etienne lol

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 8/17/12 10:43 AM, Evil-Dog wrote:
At 8/16/12 05:35 AM, Gambit wrote: Hopefully, it turns out better than the last project I had with ED, though.
Shut up Etienne lol

They can't all be busts - look at the successful games that you've made on here. I can't see it failing all the time, nowhere near.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 11:38 AM, Coop wrote:
Shut up Etienne lol
They can't all be busts - look at the successful games that you've made on here. I can't see it failing all the time, nowhere near.

Lol don't tell Gambit but I simply didn't wanna work with him, he's such an asshole lol jk
This project is definitly happening.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 8/17/12 08:18 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:
At 8/17/12 11:38 AM, Coop wrote:
Shut up Etienne lol
Lol don't tell Gambit but I simply didn't wanna work with him, he's such an asshole lol jk
This project is definitly happening.

Yeah, I'm aware. I got some job done today too :)

Can't wait for the project to be out in the field! Also, we should go get a beer soonish. Like this weekend!

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated story writer wanted! Aug. 18th, 2012 @ 08:09 AM Reply

At 8/17/12 08:30 PM, Gambit wrote: Can't wait for the project to be out in the field! Also, we should go get a beer soonish. Like this weekend!

Can't, I'm off for a weekend starting tonight