Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:36 PM Reply

I'm working on a project and I'll need multiple comic writers and there's revenues involved :D
PM me if you're interested.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 12:36 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: I'm working on a project and I'll need multiple comic writers
writers

If you're looking for writers, you're better off in the writing forum.

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 12:38 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/8/12 12:36 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: I'm working on a project and I'll need multiple comic writers
writers
If you're looking for writers, you're better off in the writing forum.

Yeah but I wanted comic artists who do comic stories, so yeah it's art. I did post in the writing forum cause I also need actual writers.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

cool

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:52 PM, kakalxlax wrote: cool

Yeah, very coooooool

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 12:40 PM, BilalZ wrote: let me guess, it has something to do with zombies and guns.

Lol, actually no, the comic artists will actually get to do the story they want.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:04 PM Reply

Can you post more about the project in this thread?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 06:04 PM, Aigis wrote: Can you post more about the project in this thread?

I can but I won't just yet. I wanna keep the project secret until it's a bit more complete. I think it' s a nice idea and I don't wanna put it out for everyone to see yet. In the near future I will lay the whole project bare for you all but for now I just wanted to get some opportunistic artists to launch the app with. The nature of the project will include everyone who's interested in the future.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 06:04 PM, Aigis wrote: Can you post more about the project in this thread?

I see you have a web comic? PM me, maybe it'll interest you in private.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

This thread is tiring me: The least you can do is say what you'd expect the person/artist/writer (so far I'm assuming they'd be the same person, correct me if i'm wrong) to do. How many pages; has dialogue and panel division been worked out etc.
ATM you're just asking anyone who has ever read a comic to pm you for details.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:30 PM, J-qb wrote: This thread is tiring me: The least you can do is say what you'd expect the person/artist/writer (so far I'm assuming they'd be the same person, correct me if i'm wrong) to do. How many pages; has dialogue and panel division been worked out etc.
ATM you're just asking anyone who has ever read a comic to pm you for details.

If it's tiring you, don't read it.
I wanted dedicated comic writers to PM me, that's all. If that's not you, move along.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:41 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: I wanted dedicated comic writers to PM me, that's all. If that's not you, move along.

You mean comic artists?

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:43 PM, Kashi wrote:
At 8/9/12 08:41 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: I wanted dedicated comic writers to PM me, that's all. If that's not you, move along.
You mean comic artists?

artist and writer yeah

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:41 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: If it's tiring you, don't read it.
I wanted dedicated comic writers to PM me, that's all. If that's not you, move along.

I don't know if that's me cause I don't know what you mean.
Do you mean poeple who write stories that could be turned into comics, or poeple that would turn those stories into comics etc.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:50 PM, J-qb wrote:
Do you mean poeple who write stories that could be turned into comics, or poeple that would turn those stories into comics etc.

Someone who can do both, write the comic and illustrate it. I guess I used the wrong term here.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 08:53 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:
At 8/9/12 08:50 PM, J-qb wrote:
Someone who can do both, write the comic and illustrate it. I guess I used the wrong term here.

Dude, just post exactly what you're looking for. Keeping it secret isn't really making it more enticing nor is it giving it any extra something. Also elaborating on the payment and all that would be cool.

ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Guys, please chill a bit. Evil-Dog is a talented and long time member of Newgrounds, a friendly dude, and a kick ass game maker. If you're at all interested in what he's offering, shoot him a PM. He isn't one of those fly by night random users looking for free work. He said there's compensation involved.

More importantly, even if the original post was slightly questionable or vague, I don't think the hostility was needed.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 10:31 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: Guys, please chill a bit. Evil-Dog is a talented and long time member of Newgrounds, a friendly dude, and a kick ass game maker. If you're at all interested in what he's offering, shoot him a PM. He isn't one of those fly by night random users looking for free work. He said there's compensation involved.

More importantly, even if the original post was slightly questionable or vague, I don't think the hostility was needed.

lol doesn't matter dude, it's not like I wanna work with any of those who whine about my post haha

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:00 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Dude, just post exactly what you're looking for. Keeping it secret isn't really making it more enticing nor is it giving it any extra something. Also elaborating on the payment and all that would be cool.

I posted exactly what I wanted to post, when you make a project, handle it like you want and I'll do the same

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:22 AM Reply

Oh hello. It's Evil-dog! I would've sent you a PM but I'm too busy with real life stuff. Just posted here to tell you you're awesome.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 8/8/12 12:36 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: I'm working on a project and I'll need multiple comic writers and there's revenues involved :D
PM me if you're interested.

Again more detail would be nice, no one's going to steal your idea and just posting this much isn't going to spark a lot of comic artists(including mine)'s interest.
At this point this isn't even a bare minimum description, not even a genre or where its going to go to or how much revenue for what sort of work is mentioned. And this should be common sense, I shouldn't need to push you to supply this basic information.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:47 AM, Lucky wrote: At this point this isn't even a bare minimum description, not even a genre or where its going to go to or how much revenue for what sort of work is mentioned. And this should be common sense, I shouldn't need to push you to supply this basic information.

A PM would have taken you the exact same time.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:22 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Oh hello. It's Evil-dog! I would've sent you a PM but I'm too busy with real life stuff. Just posted here to tell you you're awesome.

Ok cool, you'll get to hear about this project later on once it's launched, more writers will be able to join, just looking for a few curious folks now. Got a bunch already

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 11:21 AM Reply

I think there is just some miscommunication going on here. Evil dog is a dude who gets stuff done, he's proven this. He just wants people who are interested in his idea and have a tiny bit of time to spare to test it out with him. Just shoot him a PM if you want more information. That said, I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping your project quiet from the public. I've done this tons of times, big companies do it all the time, and he's already proven that his projects are the real deal. Look at his user page.

TLDR: Let's all be friends. ^_^

Just my .02

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

Normally if someone made this thread, even a regular user, it would be locked right off the bat for being vague and sketchy. However this time is an exception, Evil-Dog has proven countless times that he is commited to projects and delivers results. If he says there will be money, there will be. If he says he wants to keep it secret, he has a good reason, just go with it. If he says he can speak french, kick him in the balls for being a silly quebecois wanker, because everyone knows quebecois isnt french :D

If you PM him and what you hear back doesnt intrest you, then dont continue with the project.

That being said the next person who bitches about this project being too vague will get a ban rake shoved so far up their ass they will be picking leaves out of their teeth.

Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 02:52 PM, ornery wrote: That being said the next person who bitches about this project being too vague will get a ban rake shoved so far up their ass they will be picking leaves out of their teeth.

LMAO, like a BOSS
sorry, didn't know vague threads were not accepted haha
Glad you got my back though

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:48 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:
At 8/10/12 02:52 PM, ornery wrote: That being said the next person who bitches about this project being too vague will get a ban rake shoved so far up their ass they will be picking leaves out of their teeth.
LMAO, like a BOSS

Oh dog youre being so horribly vague :)

dude I just wanna say I so much enjoyed 'road of the dead', think its my favorite flash game ever. As for your project... cant wait to see it. good luck.

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 06:48 PM, Evil-Dog wrote: LMAO, like a BOSS

You could have been less vague without giving anything you want to keep secret away, though.

Like "I need some comic artists/writers to make comics for an app that I'm making."

BBS Signature
Evil-Dog
Evil-Dog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 07:10 PM, Aigis wrote: Like "I need some comic artists/writers to make comics for an app that I'm making."

You didn't say if there was any revenue :( lol SO VAGUE

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Dedicated comic writers wanted! Aug. 11th, 2012 @ 12:07 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 10:52 PM, Evil-Dog wrote:
At 8/10/12 07:10 PM, Aigis wrote: Like "I need some comic artists/writers to make comics for an app that I'm making."
You didn't say if there was any revenue :( lol SO VAGUE

Keep it up, man. You're really showing how professional you'd be as the head of a project.

BBS Signature