Be a Supporter!

I Ousted a Cheater

  • 4,378 Views
  • 134 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:15 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I don't agree with the idea that you can only intervene in something immoral if it's considered your business. You should stand up for what you think is right whether you were previously involved or not.

Standing up for whatever you believe in =/= Intervening in someone els' marriage

It doesn't matter if he cheated or not, now matter how much he went against his vows, it's still a holy sacrimony, and someone els' divine bond, you just don't mess with it

Though, that's pretty much a moot point in this instance since Tarah was previously involved, thus making it her business.

That's pretty much the only reason she could possibly have for telling her


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:19 PM, Xenomit wrote: Standing up for whatever you believe in =/= Intervening in someone els' marriage
It doesn't matter if he cheated or not, now matter how much he went against his vows, it's still a holy sacrimony, and someone els' divine bond, you just don't mess with it

In a relationship where someone is cheating, they no longer have that kind of a bond. At that point, their relationship is unhealthy and their marriage is just a legal status.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:24 PM, Bees wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:19 PM, Xenomit wrote: It doesn't matter if he cheated or not, now matter how much he went against his vows, it's still a holy sacrimony, and someone els' divine bond, you just don't mess with it
oh fuck off it does matter and marriage is complete shit

I personally don't like marriage, but I can still agree that it's a major thing to deal with

It'd be different if the two were just dating, but the fact that they were married kinda makes it a really bad thing to do

I was talking about both parties. It would have been not as bad if he cheated and they were dating, and it wouldn't have been as bad if she told on him and they were dating. And vice versa

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:26 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: In a relationship where someone is cheating, they no longer have that kind of a bond. At that point, their relationship is unhealthy and their marriage is just a legal status.

As I've said before, that doesn't make it ok to intervene like that


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:28 PM, Xenomit wrote: It'd be different if the two were just dating, but the fact that they were married kinda makes it a really bad thing to do

I was talking about both parties. It would have been not as bad if he cheated and they were dating, and it wouldn't have been as bad if she told on him and they were dating. And vice versa

All you need to do to get married is have a ceremony and sign a paper. There is nothing about the state of being married that makes it any different than being in a serious relationship without it. They likely loved each other when they first got married, but obviously things have changed, and that change is significant enough to make Tarah's actions justified.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

Sorry for the double post. Posting times and all that.

At 8/9/12 09:30 PM, Xenomit wrote: As I've said before, that doesn't make it ok to intervene like that

Your argument was that you shouldn't intervene because marriage is significant. I argued why I think marriage isn't significant in that situation. So either we need to agree to disagree or you need a new argument.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:32 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: They likely loved each other when they first got married, but obviously things have changed, and that change is significant enough to make Tarah's actions justified.

It's an unjustifiable act

Imagine if you had a family member who was deathly ill. He/she was asleep from exhaustion and medication most of the time, but could still think for his/her self. He/she still had a chance to live, but it was slim

Would you decide to have the doctor pull the plug on them?


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
CaptainSadism
CaptainSadism
  • Member since: Jan. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:36 PM, Xenomit wrote: It's an unjustifiable act

Imagine if you had a family member who was deathly ill. He/she was asleep from exhaustion and medication most of the time, but could still think for his/her self. He/she still had a chance to live, but it was slim

Would you decide to have the doctor pull the plug on them?

These two situations are nothing alike, particularly in (but not limited to) the most important area that your family member isn't doing anything immoral to warrant that action.


Bitchtits.

.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:42 PM, CaptainSadism wrote: These two situations are nothing alike, particularly in (but not limited to) the most important area that your family member isn't doing anything immoral to warrant that action.

The point of it is identical though, you're making a very very important decision for someone els


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:51 PM, Xenomit wrote: The point of it is identical though, you're making a very very important decision for someone els

No it's not. It's also a strawman argument. My point isn't that it's always okay to make decisions for someone. My point is that usually it isn't okay, but it is when the person is doing something immoral. That is, the fact that the action is immoral negates the person's right to freedom of choice because they are infringing on someone else's freedoms and rights.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:59 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: No it's not. It's also a strawman argument. My point isn't that it's always okay to make decisions for someone. My point is that usually it isn't okay, but it is when the person is doing something immoral.

The only time it's ok to make a decision for someone is if their breaking a basic rule of human rights, like take a life

That is, the fact that the action is immoral negates the person's right to freedom of choice because they are infringing on someone else's freedoms and rights.

How are they infringing on anyones rights


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 10:01 PM, Xenomit wrote: The only time it's ok to make a decision for someone is if their breaking a basic rule of human rights, like take a life
How are they infringing on anyones rights

No, I suppose they're not infringing on our constitutional human rights in the same way that a murderer does. That's why I'm saying that cheaters should be arrested by the government. But I believe in there being rights within a relationship that shouldn't be violated, such as the right to truth and respect.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 10:10 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: That's why I'm saying that cheaters should be arrested by the government.

Why I'm not* saying. Oops.


[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Mechayoshi
Mechayoshi
  • Member since: Jan. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Figured this would attract a few trolls who's obviously never been cheated on or are cheaters themselves
You did fine. It would of been someone else eventually that would have ratted out on him anyway. It was bound to happen soon enough. I don't get why people are blaming you for the situation.....


The Nintendo Master I have Brawl, MK:Wii, and AC:CF friend codes.
NintendoMaster on youtube
my sick-as-twisted art

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 09:51 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:42 PM, CaptainSadism wrote: These two situations are nothing alike, particularly in (but not limited to) the most important area that your family member isn't doing anything immoral to warrant that action.
The point of it is identical though, you're making a very very important decision for someone els

Why is it okay for the cheater to make a very important decision for their spouse? But it's not okay for someone brought into the situation by the cheater to make people aware of his actions?

Also if Tarah had done anything with that guy, he'd have been cheating on his wife and on Tarah.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM Reply

So you let some weirdo on the internet pester you constantly, stalked him to find out all of his personal info, and decided to inject yourself into his personal life? That seems just as shitty in my opinion.


BBS Signature
NinoGrounds
NinoGrounds
  • Member since: Nov. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Programmer
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:33 AM Reply

At 8/8/12 06:52 AM, tarahloveshentai wrote: But what I've noticed is, alot of people feel it's wrong to oust a cheater and you're suppose to just ignore it. But I have tons of disdain for cheaters.

They are idiots. Good job. And we share the same disdain

If you were cheated on, would you want someone to tell you? Or rather not know unless your significant other told you?

Of course I'd like to know.

Am I a total cunt for letting his wife know what janky shit he'd been doing?

no

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:33 AM, NinoGrounds wrote: They are idiots. Good job. And we share the same disdain

I can assure you I'm no idiot.

Not sharing the same beliefs =/= being an idiot

If you were cheated on, would you want someone to tell you? Or rather not know unless your significant other told you?
Of course I'd like to know.

I'd rather my partner tell me, I don't know why you'd want someone els to tell you

So you can be mad at them too?

Am I a total cunt for letting his wife know what janky shit he'd been doing?
no

She's certainly not a cunt, but what she did was really nosy


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:42 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:39 AM, CockGobbler wrote: One thing at the people saying it was none of her business:
She was being hit on by him, therefore, yes, it is her business.

Ok then, she should have just told her about what happened to her

But what she did reminds me of what my little sister used to do to me as a child

I'd do something wrong, say leave a little trash on the floor, then my sister would run to my mom and tell her about the trash on the floor, the dish that I broke and threw away, the can of varnish that I threw away, and so on


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:44 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:43 AM, CockGobbler wrote: What extra did she say?

She also told her about the other girl he was hitting on


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:47 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:46 AM, CockGobbler wrote: I still don't see why she can't just decide for herself whether its right or not(or morever, why she asked if it was right or not, and then when people said no, she argued that it was, meaning she had already decided her answer).

Deciding for herself...

About deciding for others...


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:47 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Deciding for herself...

About deciding for others...

She WASN'T deciding for others. It became her business too once he tried to sleep with her/tried to exchange nudes and then hound her down on facebook. She doesn't have to keep her mouth shut for him. That isn't how life works. I'm sure cheaters wish it did but he knew what he was going into, the risk he was taking in being married and trying to sleep with other girls.

Tarah was not sticking her nose where it didn't belong, she was INVOLVED and she could (and did) pass that information onto his wife which she is within her rights to do so.

Why are you failing to understand this?


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:12 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 04:57 AM, Gagsy wrote: She WASN'T deciding for others. It became her business too once he tried to sleep with her/tried to exchange nudes and then hound her down on facebook. She doesn't have to keep her mouth shut for him. That isn't how life works. I'm sure cheaters wish it did but he knew what he was going into, the risk he was taking in being married and trying to sleep with other girls.

Tarah was not sticking her nose where it didn't belong, she was INVOLVED and she could (and did) pass that information onto his wife which she is within her rights to do so.

Why are you failing to understand this?

I'm not failing to understand why she told him about him hitting on her, but it still wasn't up to her to tell him about the other gal

Just because someone does something wrong to you, and does something similar to another person, doesn't mean you tell a 3rd party (his wife) both incidents


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:15 AM Reply

I don't normally agree with people snitching on each other, but this was the right thing to do. Might as well warn her now rather than let her waste her time with a man who doesn't love her.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:20 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:12 AM, Xenomit wrote:
I'm not failing to understand why she told him about him hitting on her, but it still wasn't up to her to tell him about the other gal

Just because someone does something wrong to you, and does something similar to another person, doesn't mean you tell a 3rd party (his wife) both incidents

I get it. You don't understand relationships work. Problem solved.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:20 AM, Gagsy wrote: I get it. You don't understand relationships work. Problem solved.

Please elaborate on how it means I don't understand relationships

Also, resorting to "Yeah well you just don't understand" is a mistake I used to make, I'm surprised at you for using that as the cornerstone of your argument

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Reader
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:12 AM, Xenomit wrote: I'm not failing to understand why she told him about him hitting on her, but it still wasn't up to her to tell him about the other gal

Just because someone does something wrong to you, and does something similar to another person, doesn't mean you tell a 3rd party (his wife) both incidents

Look at this:
Some guy beats you up. Then he beats another guy up while you're watching. Does that mean you shouldn't tell the cops about both incidents? No. You should tell them about both incidents.

Same can be applied in this story.

If he hit on her, and she knew that he had been doing the same thing to other girls, then there's nothing wrong about telling the wife about all the incidents. TBH it's the right thing to do.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 05:33 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 05:23 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Please elaborate on how it means I don't understand relationships

Well because anyone in a relationship wants to know if their partner, the person they are seeing exclusively (married or not) is cheating on them. Some people will reject the information when given to them at first because they want to believe that their partner isn't like that but its still information all these people want to be given if its true.

If you can sit there and say to me that you wouldn't want to know the truth if your partner was cheating on you then yeah I think you don't understand how relationships work.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 10:35 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:51 PM, Xenomit wrote: The point of it is identical though, you're making a very very important decision for someone els
Why is it okay for the cheater to make a very important decision for their spouse? But it's not okay for someone brought into the situation by the cheater to make people aware of his actions?

Why are you ignoring this question? You keep saying telling on him is a decision that shouldn't have been made for him. So I'm really curious why you think the husband has a right to make a decision for his wife like that?


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I Ousted a Cheater Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 8/10/12 07:25 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/9/12 10:35 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/9/12 09:51 PM, Xenomit wrote: The point of it is identical though
Why is it okay fery important decision for their spouse?
Why are you ignoring this question? So I'm really curiouhas a right to make a decision for his wife like that?

That's emotional cheating!

I Ousted a Cheater


BBS Signature