New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 03:00:18 Reply

Yo, Newgrounds, we need to cook. As most of you know, Breaking Bad is currently the most entertaining show on television right now and with the fifth and final season passing by it's time for a collaboration. Let's celebrate with an awesome collaboration!

Don't know what Breaking Bad is? What the fuck is wrong with you? You need to go watch every season right now.

The way the parts will be arranged is on a periodic table of elements for a menu. Yes, there is no way we are going to get 100+ people to enter the collab, but those can be blank spaces with just elements or something. You get the idea.

SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions - 848x480
FPS - 24
Length - 15-30 seconds minimum(Of course, it can be longer if it stays entertaining)
Deadline - October-ish(may be extended if parts are still needed)

RULES/THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

- No Sticks(Sorry!)
- Custom sprites ARE allowed (Breaking Bad related please - no Mario cooking meth with Sonic)
- Nudity is ALLOWED
- Use your own sounds. I'm not adding music to your clip at the last minute or a sound effect do it yourself please.
- Throw all your movie into a single movie clip when you send the part over!
- Make sure movie clips and symbols are named something like: username_symbol. This is so when everything is put together nothing gets overwritten.
- Taking all version of Flash (Up to CS6)
- Music has to be from the audio portal OR unlicensed
- Your animation must relate to the show in some form
- Name your file something like: username_BBCollab

There is no limited amount of parts and you can do multiple if you wish to.

Anyway, that about wraps it up. If there is any questions feel free to ask them, bitch.

Breaking Bad Collab!

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 03:39:57 Reply

I'll do any voices that are needed. Just PM me.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Jay
Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 03:44:21 Reply

If I make a part for this, it will probably be the crappiest. But might as well try.

At 8/8/12 03:39 AM, ZJ wrote: I'll do any voices that are needed. Just PM me.

Will do!

EJR
EJR
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 03:45:53 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:39 AM, ZJ wrote: I'll do any voices that are needed. Just PM me.

I will need you

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 05:41:14 Reply

I'm in. I just started watching Breaking Bad recently and I'm hooked.

Blounty
Blounty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 07:18:45 Reply

Quick question, bitch, are we allowed to animate a scene/ clip from the show. Kind of like a parody of that specific part using the audio?

Sig created by HighWay

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 10:21:26 Reply

At 8/8/12 07:18 AM, Blounty wrote: Quick question, bitch, are we allowed to animate a scene/ clip from the show. Kind of like a parody of that specific part using the audio?

Yes

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 11:38:31 Reply

I would love to join.

Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 11:43:19 Reply

At 8/8/12 11:38 AM, LazyAss23 wrote: I would love to join.

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/inside-breaking-bad -the-tortoise-scene I wanna do something with this scene

BBS Signature
keolamation
keolamation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 13:52:51 Reply

At 8/8/12 03:00 AM, Zachary wrote: Yo, Newgrounds, we need to cook. As most of you know, Breaking Bad is currently the most entertaining show on television right now and with the fifth and final season passing by it's time for a collaboration. Let's celebrate with an awesome collaboration!

Don't know what Breaking Bad is? What the fuck is wrong with you? You need to go watch every season right now.

The way the parts will be arranged is on a periodic table of elements for a menu. Yes, there is no way we are going to get 100+ people to enter the collab, but those can be blank spaces with just elements or something. You get the idea.

I'll do it my dad worked on season 1-5 as crew he gaphing,lighting, and bestboy "lead of tech" I never watch the show but, I did read some of the scripts..

here's a picture from the wrapping party I last went to.. I guess I'll watch the show.. *sigh*

Breaking Bad Collab!

EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 15:35:51 Reply

At 8/8/12 01:52 PM, mechanicalmaham wrote:
At 8/8/12 03:00 AM, Zachary wrote: Yo, Newgrounds, we need to cook. As most of you know, Breaking Bad is currently the most entertaining show on television right now and with the fifth and final season passing by it's time for a collaboration. Let's celebrate with an awesome collaboration!

I'll do it my dad worked on season 1-5 as crew he gaphing,lighting, and bestboy "lead of tech" I never watch the show but, I did read some of the scripts..

here's a picture from the wrapping party I last went to.. I guess I'll watch the show.. *sigh*

I was at the wrapping party too!!! My dad created Breaking Bad so I always go to these things.
I have to watch the show or else my daddy will spank me...*sigh*
jk I'm just messing dude! But for reals I really like the idea of the menu being a periodic table!

Breaking Bad Collab!

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 15:41:54 Reply

:At 8/8/12 03:35 PM, EthanAlways wrote:

I was at the wrapping party too!!! My dad created Breaking Bad so I always go to these things.
jk I'm just messing dude! But for reals I really like the idea of the menu being a periodic table!

My thought Exactly ethan. my thoughts exactly..... I love the menu Idea Zach whats your part going to possible be about?

BBS Signature
keolamation
keolamation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:00:19 Reply

well, you probably don't even know where the wrapping party was!! and the guy who created breaking bad doesn't even have kids.. I know you where "jp" but, still lol in all honesty i could give a flying fuck less about breaking bad. I don't want to watch a show dedicated to drugs which, made it a bit weird being at the wrap party cause I was asked if I was an actor or, by the actors if I watched the show.. and, I always had to say no.

Breaking Bad Collab!

keolamation
keolamation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:02:16 Reply

buuuttt,, who am I to say no on being part of a collab. It's a good way to get attention and get views on newgrounds..

Breaking Bad Collab!

EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:03:14 Reply

My thought Exactly ethan. my thoughts exactly..... I love the menu Idea Zach whats your part going to possible be about?

Not sure if you were talking to me or Zach but I'm not too sure what my part is going to be about. Like I said, I just started the show not too long ago so I'm only on episode 8 I think. I think I might do animate a parody from that scene where Walt blows up that drug dealers room after he beats up Jesse. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. hah.

EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:08:27 Reply

well, you probably don't even know where the wrapping party was!! and the guy who created breaking bad doesn't even have kids.. I know you where "jp" but, still lol in all honesty i could give a flying fuck less about breaking bad. I don't want to watch a show dedicated to drugs which, made it a bit weird being at the wrap party cause I was asked if I was an actor or, by the actors if I watched the show.. and, I always had to say no.

Thats what I thought at first, "Oh, another show about making drugs...yay", but the main character in the show is incredible at showing the struggle that he has to endure as well as living a double life with his family, all while being a chemist who can cook perfect crystal meth. I guess the show is just really well written to keep me entertained with it.

EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:21:21 Reply

At 8/8/12 04:16 PM, feckthisshet wrote: DAAaaaaaAAAaaAAD

I laughed so hard at that XD
AND THIS GUY! This kid is an amazing actor! I know he has a very minor case of cerebral palsy in real life but he pulls his character off so well as some one who has life altering cp.

dballa08
dballa08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:23:01 Reply

someone remake the "this isn't meth" scene from season 1

Breaking Bad Collab!

:)

BBS Signature
EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:30:17 Reply

At 8/8/12 04:23 PM, dballa08 wrote: someone remake the "this isn't meth" scene from season 1

Thats the scene I was talking about. I'm going to do this one.

keolamation
keolamation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 16:32:45 Reply

As, I said I've read some of the scripts/screen plays
I read on screen play where the main character is "forced" to make meth for some drug lord or something in threats of his 'semi retarded" son or something. and another one where this guy "a black man in a suit" or something is pulling strings of some large drug operation yada yada. it sounds "ok" but, I mean school teacher chemist gone bad to sewll meth for his family after he dies?? if he's such a good chemist why not develope a drug to save himself? lol I'll give it a try tho. my dad was given rough copies of all the episodes of ALL the season so, I can watch all of season 5 if i want. xDD

Jay
Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 17:29:05 Reply

At 8/8/12 04:32 PM, mechanicalmaham wrote: As, I said I've read some of the scripts/screen plays
I read on screen play where the main character is "forced" to make meth for some drug lord or something in threats of his 'semi retarded" son or something. and another one where this guy "a black man in a suit" or something is pulling strings of some large drug operation yada yada. it sounds "ok" but, I mean school teacher chemist gone bad to sewll meth for his family after he dies?? if he's such a good chemist why not develope a drug to save himself? lol I'll give it a try tho. my dad was given rough copies of all the episodes of ALL the season so, I can watch all of season 5 if i want. xDD

Bryan Cranston himself said that he doesn't know how the show will end yet, and I doubt they've even started preparation in filming the second half of season 5 since there will be a break in between.

EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 17:39:17 Reply

Bryan Cranston himself said that he doesn't know how the show will end yet, and I doubt they've even started preparation in filming the second half of season 5 since there will be a break in between.

No offense guys, and trust me, I could go on discussing this too, but lets try to keep this post on topic with the collab.
I just don't want someone to step in and tell us to go post in another forum for "Breaking Bad Discussion" or something.

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 18:05:15 Reply

At 8/8/12 05:39 PM, EthanAlways wrote:
No offense guys, and trust me, I could go on discussing this too, but lets try to keep this post on topic with the collab.
I just don't want someone to step in and tell us to go post in another forum for "Breaking Bad Discussion" or something.

That and Im sick of that kids shit. and like i said i wanna do the scene with the tortuous and head. thing i posted. it be good mon.

Also Zach, are you going to be looking for quality parts or is this going to be a shit fest.

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 18:18:35 Reply

Woo internet drama.

Anyway I definitely want in on this collab. I'm thinking of doing something Fly related.

BBS Signature
EthanAlways
EthanAlways
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 18:21:36 Reply

Also Zach, are you going to be looking for quality parts or is this going to be a shit fest.

Good question! Yeah I'm kinda wondering the same

Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 18:30:33 Reply

At 8/8/12 06:21 PM, EthanAlways wrote:

Good question! Yeah I'm kinda wondering the same

If a piece isn't fit for the collab, there will be rejections (no hard feelings!). Everyone has lots of time so there is no excuse for sub-par animations.

BBS Signature
dballa08
dballa08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 19:22:45 Reply

At 8/8/12 04:30 PM, EthanAlways wrote:
At 8/8/12 04:23 PM, dballa08 wrote: someone remake the "this isn't meth" scene from season 1
Thats the scene I was talking about. I'm going to do this one.

Lol sorry bro i totes skipped that comment! But yes it is quite an awesome scene! And I'm sure someone will do a Tio scene

Breaking Bad Collab!

:)

BBS Signature
Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-08 19:43:23 Reply

Sounds like a fun.

phatboi15
phatboi15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Voice Actor
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-09 03:33:29 Reply

I will also be providing my voice in this, just PM me if you need me~

~Unimportant Text~ HERE'S A DEMO!!!

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad Collab! 2012-08-09 15:07:42 Reply

At 8/9/12 03:33 AM, phatboi15 wrote: I will also be providing my voice in this, just PM me if you need me~

Phatboi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNU8blUwms

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature