New Topic Respond to this Topic
Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
The Story Board With Pat Rothfuss Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

If you enjoy listening to successful writers and story tellers talk about the craft, then you're going to enjoy Geek & Sundry's new show, premiering tonight. The show is called The Story Board with Patrick Rothfuss. You can find more info within the following blogs: http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/category/geek-and-sundry/

If you're not familiar with Geek & Sundry you should quickly rectify that. Geek & Sundry is headed up by such notables as Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton. The site showcases a variety of shows ranging from Felicia Day's Vlog and Wil Wheaton's Tabletop, to sci-fi/fantasy book review Sword & Laser and the quirky, animated series Written by a Kid. The Story Board is an addition to the line up that I'm excited about.

Hosted by Mr. Rothfuss, the Story Board features various writers discussing particular topics. The show's premiere is shaping up to be a good one. The theme will be Urban Fantasy, and the panel is going to consist of Emma Bull, Diana Rowland, and Jim Butcher(!). The show premieres tonight at 8 pm PDT on Google+ and will be uploaded to YouTube and accessible there after. I'll be there. You should be there too.

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to The Story Board With Pat Rothfuss Sep. 8th, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

If you missed episode 2, here's a link: http://youtu.be/XTjAM2XHo1g

This stuff is serious gold for anyone whose looking for great insight into the writing community, and advice on writing in general. Plus, AMBER BENSON! After watching this episode, I'm fairly certain she will be my wife.

starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to The Story Board With Pat Rothfuss Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 09:51 PM Reply

I was about to watch the first episode you linked to, and then I saw it was an hour long! :P

Looks like I'll have to set some time aside for this.

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to The Story Board With Pat Rothfuss Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 07:49 AM Reply

At 9/9/12 09:51 PM, starwarsjunkie wrote: I was about to watch the first episode you linked to, and then I saw it was an hour long! :P

Looks like I'll have to set some time aside for this.

You're two episodes behind, so just about 2 1/2 hours. Watch it, though, instead of that shitty movie you got loaded up on Netflix. Do it! It's worth it. Once it's done you'll be anxious for Oct 2nd.

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to The Story Board With Pat Rothfuss Oct. 1st, 2012 @ 08:06 AM Reply

Next episode is tomorrow night. I highly recommend not missing it.