New Topic Respond to this Topic
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 03:26 AM Reply

can someone please comment on my art and tell me what you think about it? id really love to get scouted and reconized by the new grounds community ! :D

help me improve

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 04:51 AM Reply

worst shading i have seen in a long time, focus where a light is coming from and make the areas in the dark shaded. just don't go around the black lines with shading. also the lines are wobbly but that's most likely from using a mouse.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 05:29 AM Reply

Please upload a pic to this thread. Art threads without art are incredibly naff.

BBS Signature
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 04:51 AM, LegolaSS wrote: worst shading i have seen in a long time, focus where a light is coming from and make the areas in the dark shaded. just don't go around the black lines with shading. also the lines are wobbly but that's most likely from using a mouse.

thank you i appreciate this, but yes i do use a mouse for right now, im trying to save up for a tablet. you you have any links that can help improve my shadeing?

help me improve

BBS Signature
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 05:29 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Please upload a pic to this thread. Art threads without art are incredibly naff.

im sorry about that , ill post a picture soon

help me improve

BBS Signature
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

i know this isnt the best picture to upload, but its my most recent.
A few things i already see wrong is the shape of her head and most of the shading . im open to all opinions

opinions on my art

help me improve

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 05:23 PM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: i know this isnt the best picture to upload, but its my most recent.
A few things i already see wrong is the shape of her head and most of the shading . im open to all opinions

I'm going to be blunt, she has bad proportions and her shading is muddy, here is a link because today I don't feel like getting into in-depth critiquing. I'm sorry.

Link to Shading and Scaled Proportions

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 07:32 PM, Absinthe wrote:
At 8/7/12 05:23 PM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: i know this isnt the best picture to upload, but its my most recent.
I'm going to be blunt, she has bad proportions and her shading is muddy, here is a link because today I don't feel like getting into in-depth critiquing. I'm sorry.

Link to Shading and Scaled Proportions

thank you for the link and no need to be sorry ill take any form of criticism you can give me i juts want to improve, once again thank you

help me improve

BBS Signature
section19
section19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 7th, 2012 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 8/7/12 03:26 AM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: can someone please comment on my art and tell me what you think about it? id really love to get scouted and reconized by the new grounds community ! :D

dude your art is shit! you suck at shadeing and your charictor design is horrifieing you should just quit

no one knows

BBS Signature
xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

At 8/7/12 11:57 PM, section19 wrote:
At 8/7/12 03:26 AM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: can someone please comment on my art and tell me what you think about it? id really love to get scouted and reconized by the new grounds community ! :D
dude your art is shit! you suck at shadeing and your charictor design is horrifieing you should just quit

whoa whats up with all the hostility ? if you don't like my work just say i need to work on it, don't cus me out. and you might want to learn how to spell before you try to some at somebody like that.

help me improve

BBS Signature
section19
section19
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

shut the hell up your just mad because you and all of the newgrounds community knows your art sucks and ,nobody wants to take the time to try to help your sorry ass!

no one knows

BBS Signature
Chidorigan
Chidorigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Don't shade with pure black and white. I'm not sure what program you're using but all the decent ones have a lineart tool, even the free ones. Since you only have a mouse you should use that instead to prevent shaky lines.

xXFALLOUTXx1
xXFALLOUTXx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:06 AM, Chidorigan wrote:

Don't shade with pure black and white. I'm not sure what program you're using but all the decent ones have a lineart tool, even the free ones. Since you only have a mouse you should use that instead to prevent shaky lines.

right now i use paint sai but i cant find the right tools

help me improve

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

i think this one is your best piece

this one being your second, your mistake here was making the top of head too flat, try leaving more space for the hair

in hereand here you made faces too roundie (what would only go well with "chibi" like styles), try lowering opacity from the "white reflexes" layer

for the colors and shadows try to figure out where is the light coming from

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Chidorigan
Chidorigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:29 PM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: right now i use paint sai but i cant find the right tools

I know paint tool SAI has a lineart tool, though I don't use it so I'm not sure where the button is. You should look up some tutorials for general use of the program on DA. They have a whole section of paint tool SAI tuts.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:29 PM, xXFALLOUTXx1 wrote: right now i use paint sai but i cant find the right tools

i dont make lineart either because i just dont like it, but it might suit you

here, i made you this.

press the button at the right of the "new layer one", that will create a layer in which you can work using vectors (lineart)

opinions on my art

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

yukato13
yukato13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM Reply

is not bad, but start using a sheet of paper and give more details to them. when people draw them like that it looks like a noob who just started drawing. hope it helped.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to opinions on my art Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 03:55 AM Reply

Contrary to popular belief, the tools you use doesn't really matter in making good art.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature