Nimble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 9/8/12 10:19 PM, theMacATTack5 wrote:
At 9/7/12 09:03 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 9/7/12 03:08 AM, theMacATTack5 wrote: My submission for the United States.

Ocean Breeze
Bro, I told you like a month ago that the US were taken, the guy posted his track a month ago.
Really? So the first one who posts a track in that country wins? Guess I didn't read the rules thoroughly enough. My bad.

The one who reserves the country gets to post a track about said country. I would suggest you read through the thread next time to avoid this kind of mishap.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
Zhredterror
Zhredterror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Name Of Act: Msk
Genre: Techno
Name of Track: Electroid

• Electroid
    Electroid by Zhredterror

My first and last techno song!

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 9th, 2012 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 9/9/12 02:51 PM, Zhredterror wrote: Name Of Act: Msk
Name of Track: Electroid
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/502407

Read the rules. I can't accept this entry, it isn't made for the contest.

Everyone look at the Participants list to see if you have been confirmed.

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

I have heard all the submissions so far so now i am gonna go there and vote on them everyday until the deadline so that the contest has the most possible votes, that way each person wont have such a giant impact on each vote.

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 9/11/12 11:26 AM, DivoFST wrote: I have heard all the submissions so far so now i am gonna go there and vote on them everyday until the deadline so that the contest has the most possible votes, that way each person wont have such a giant impact on each vote.

If you're going to do that at least please be sure to leave reviews on everything. I'll post my reviews within the week.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 1 Entry: Oceans Wide

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 9/11/12 12:59 PM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote:
At 9/11/12 11:26 AM, DivoFST wrote: I have heard all the submissions so far so now i am gonna go there and vote on them everyday until the deadline so that the contest has the most possible votes, that way each person wont have such a giant impact on each vote.
If you're going to do that at least please be sure to leave reviews on everything. I'll post my reviews within the week.

I left some reviews while i was listening to the songs, but i guess you are right i will review them all.

BBS Signature
z-raven
z-raven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Updated Info for my Project

Name of Act: Bassraven
Title: Mammoth Rage

• Mammoth Rage
    Mammoth Rage by z-raven

My submission for RAC7

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

Song is completed.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 13th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

• Sasaniyans
    Sasaniyans by Wurfel-Waffles

Persian Orchestra Techno for RAC07

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

Entry for Iran
Genre: Symphony techno

History of Persian Music:
Persian traditional music dates back to the Achaemenid Empire, also knows as the First Persian Empire, approx. 550 BCE. Many instruments such as Tar & Santur, both plucked, came from this era. Music evolved during Sassanid Empire. The rulers of this empire saw music as an important part of culture education.

Persian Scale:
I used this scale in my entry. Do not confuse Persian scale with Arabic Scale, Persian scale is arrangement of C Db E F Gb Ab B while Arabic/Byzantine scale is C Db E F G Ab B. Although, you will sometime encounter notes such as D and F# in my entry.

More references: http://www.iranvisitor.com/index.php?cID=416&pID=1384

Song Title's Meaning of Sasaniyan:
Sasaniyan literally pronounces as "Sasanian", means people of the Sassanid Empire. This empire is famous for reviving the Persian Immortals into is Sassanid Army; fearless warriors.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
adilovemetal
adilovemetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 01:11 AM Reply

• Stuck (Entry for RAC7)
    Stuck (Entry for RAC7) by adilovemetal

My Entry for RAC 7 representing Finland. METAL :D

Score
    3.87 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

My submission, IMPROVED :D

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 9/5/12 04:02 PM, DivoFST wrote: My entry for Portugal
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/501804

All entries have been updated. Tomorrow is the deadline! Make sure you get your entries in.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 12:23 PM Reply

At 9/15/12 12:19 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 9/5/12 04:02 PM, DivoFST wrote: My entry for Portugal
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/501804
All entries have been updated. Tomorrow is the deadline! Make sure you get your entries in.

Speaking of which, I am dying to hear HFX's take on the Vatican...
and speaking of submissions, there are some submissions for which you didn't link to the actual song; you linked to our userpages instead. D:

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Entry for Mongolia

• Urtyn Duu
    Urtyn Duu by JJM121

Entry for RAC 7

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

References: Mongolian Music 1 and the rest of that series upto 8 and also other videos.

z-raven
z-raven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

good luck peeps :)

silas-stingy
silas-stingy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 9/16/12 05:42 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: I know I have to vote on the top 10 songs that are, IMO, the best out of all the RAC songs, but the question is...

Where do I put the voting results? In reviews, on this thread or via PM to NeonProject? I don't want to put my voting results in the wrong place.

And speaking of voting, does the voting score work like 2/24, 16/24, 20/24, etc? I don't see what the max score is. Your explanation doesn't give me any answers to what I need to know RIGHT NOW.

Agree. The scoring is hard to understand and practically apply on, fairly. Saying of voting fairly, I bet those who are the regular, well-known or both can gain the upper hands than those who's new around here.

If it is true that other composers vote each other base on respect. This contest should focus on emotional competition, not music competition.

After all I join because I want to have some fun, not serious about competition, but please treat the serious one in a fair way.

Good day.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 9/16/12 10:38 AM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote:
At 9/16/12 05:42 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: I know I have to vote on the top 10 songs that are, IMO, the best out of all the RAC songs, but the question is...

Where do I put the voting results? In reviews, on this thread or via PM to NeonProject? I don't want to put my voting results in the wrong place.

And speaking of voting, does the voting score work like 2/24, 16/24, 20/24, etc? I don't see what the max score is. Your explanation doesn't give me any answers to what I need to know RIGHT NOW.

I think it works the same way the Eurovision contest works, you give the points by that order to the submissions you like the most, for example since we have points until the 10º entry you will vote on the submission you liked the most until you run out of points to give. You should give 24 points to your favourite, 20 to your second favourite, 16 to the third and so on until you reach the 2 points for your 10º favourite, the rest won't get any points from you because there are only points for your 10 favourite songs.
The place to post the votes i dont know as well.
Good luck everyone!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 12:47 PM Reply

We need NeonProject to answer, with regards to the place to vote....

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
adilovemetal
adilovemetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

well... the scoring mojo is really a pain... even I didnt understand it... I hope NeonProject answers ASAP
btw, what would be your favorite Drum Sampling software? Anyone?

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:40 AM Reply

The voting works like this.

Everyone now votes for their top 10, they get 24, 20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points.

The jury combine results also result in a top 10 with the same points.
These points are combined with each participants top 10 and acts as a quality control filter.

During results week the single results (combined entrant and jury) by each entrant will be posted.

You vote by sending me a PM,
I'll send everyone a PM to make sure they vote.

People who do not vote will be disqualified.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

People, I would like to add my 2 cents.
NeonProject, you, yes; read my shit.

I just made a small mistake reviewing on Samulis' piece. And I saw bunch of other comment on ForeverBound piece. People need to think less genetic and more dynamic about the song style/genre, not the traditional stuff only.

Such as z-raven's piece, many of you listened might think of 'shit it's not Russian music' because your head was thinking about traditional music, not the genres (Russian progressive trance) that actually formed in Russia/Slavic-country. Aren't this genre also can represent Russian music too?

When I finished to write a review on Samulis' piece, I had a jump that his song is actually truly representing Ireland, not through the generic folk music but through the motif, chords... and spirits of Ireland music. Whoever ranked ForeverBound song should rethink about their reviews.

This post, also,is a defense for my own entry. Because it is based on Persian electronic formed by oversea/exiled Persians.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 02:13 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: People, I would like to add my 2 cents.
People need to think less genetic and more dynamic about the song style/genre, not the traditional stuff only.

This, a 100% this. I dropped out for the same reason. Well, nice that you apologize to Samulis too. lol

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 06:14 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 9/17/12 02:13 PM, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: People, I would like to add my 2 cents.
People need to think less genetic and more dynamic about the song style/genre, not the traditional stuff only.
This, a 100% this. I dropped out for the same reason. Well, nice that you apologize to Samulis too. lol

Actually i dont agree, i think each person that has submited a song to this contest has at least the obligation to read the description and check the bands/songs that inspired the piece, and only after doing that they should vote. If even doing that does not make the voter feel like the country was very present in the song i think they have to right to remove some points to it, its a personal opinion after all, for a detailed one we have the judges.
Personally i gave 50% to how i liked the song (my personal touch) , 20% at how it reminded me of the country (becoming my votes fair for the contest) , 20% to how well composed it was (becpming my votes fair for the composer) and 10% to other multiple items...it was my system for voting and i think it was quite fair.
Samulis case i must say is the most critical one because he has written what i found an absolutly beautifull piece, but like i said it didnt gave me an Irish feeling like for example Bosa gave me the American one with his piece, i dropped Samulis a place or 2 because he didnt do as well in those 20% about the country.
The thing i dont think is very fair is the Promotion bit, it just makes it even harder for newcomers to try and compete with the "big sharks".
Sorry about the long post....i have too much free time xD

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

Don't want a flame, but fuck, anyway.

At 9/17/12 06:45 PM, DivoFST wrote: If even doing that does not make the voter feel like the country was very present in the song i think they have to right to remove some points to it, its a personal opinion after all, for a detailed one we have the judges.

The title of this contest is Representing A Country, RAC, right? Don't fuck around, you know exactly users can represent the country by whatever means. It's not just fucking opinions. So you mean Slavic progressive trance can't represent Russian? An song using Irish chord progression, without using any of its traditional instruments can't represent its country? Are you fucked in the head?

See, the way of people wanking with the voting is hardly closely related to what you guys stated:

The RAC (Represent A Country) Contest is a huge event in which artists can represent a country through their music in a variety of creative ways.

Personally i gave 50% to how i liked the song (my personal touch)

This is in fucking contrary with the line below.

20% at how it reminded me of the country (becoming my votes fair for the contest)

Fair? by using personal emotion to votes? Despise the fact that fuckheads like you never research the actual music history of the country. Before you farting on, AT LEAST, for fuck sake, look for information that provided by the participants before vote by "my bitchy emotions, I feel this track is good, so it is good, even it follows whatever being stated by me!"

it was my system for voting and i think it was quite fair.

I read your words.

Samulis case i must say is the most critical one because he has written what i found an absolutly beautifull piece, but like i said it didnt gave me an Irish feeling like for example Bosa gave me the American one with his piece, i dropped Samulis a place or 2 because he didnt do as well in those 20% about the country.

Did you ever bother to read his research? I'm not defending just him, but everyone else you felt not really sounds like this/that country. Fucking wanker.

The thing i dont think is very fair is the Promotion bit, it just makes it even harder for newcomers to try and compete with the "big sharks".

Oh well, at least I know many of the being 'voted' can beat the favored big sharks, as you called, easily. Of course, in another RAC contest that being voted fairly by non-Down syndrome people.

Sorry about the long post....i have too much free time xD

No, I hope you read mine and at least stop fucking justifying your own mistake. Like Waffle man said, at least give the serious ones some fucking serious attitude.

Mark my words.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

Dude first of all calm down...i did not offended you in any way and you came out shooting in all directions...
If everyone would bother as much as me with the submissions i would be very happy...and yes i did some research about them and i do care with the RAC enough to listen to most submissions at least 3 times.
I guess you are saying that every submission should have maximum score because there are surely some influence somewhere and since your personal opinion should not count at all lets all have a giant tie eh?
PS: I liked the russian submission, you were the one bringing it to the table...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 08:26 PM, DivoFST wrote: I guess you are saying that every submission should have maximum score because there are surely some influence somewhere and since your personal opinion should not count at all lets all have a giant tie eh?

By your logic, your Portugal piece should be shoot down like an air balloon too, then? It doesn't sound like Portuguese music, no Phrygian scale and no traditional instruments. No even close to a Portuguese song with the country's music style in it.

Don't fuck around, I can PM to those who was being poorly voted by you and tell them how poorly is your song, so that people can rate the same way as you did to them. Like I said, I just followed your fucking logic.

If I was the only one go out and fuck your life up then of course my opinions shouldn't count. However you get at least 4 people (read previous posts) confused about the rating system and at least one of them step out and complained (see Wurfel-Waffles), that's a lot of voices for a small contest like this, just to be counted.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Alright I'm done with this. Doesn't lead to anywhere. If people like to speak up then it's up to them. I'm out.

This is my last RAC I ever participated.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 08:58 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 08:46 PM, Computer112 wrote: Alright I'm done with this. Doesn't lead to anywhere.

Very well im not here to make enemies, i can see where why you are frustrated with this but you have no reason whatsoever to be agressive and make wild guesses on how dedicated i was to this contest....and you have been contraditory saying that my submission should be "shoot down like an air balloon", because even though it does not sound super Portuguese i have used influences from Portuguese bands and music styles, and that was the point you were defending all this time...but well i guess you don't bother to even read my description and hear the bands...
If you want to make the rules host your own show...this one is not your responsability.
Im done with the discussion as well...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 08:58 PM, DivoFST wrote: because even though it does not sound super Portuguese i have used influences from Portuguese bands and music styles, and that was the point you were defending all this time...but well i guess you don't bother to even read my description and hear the bands...

Funny, you are still trying to use a fucked pothole logic to defend your ways. Saying that doesn't defending what you reviewed. It's a contrary to yours, not mine.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 09:24 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 9/17/12 08:58 PM, DivoFST wrote: because even though it does not sound super Portuguese i have used influences from Portuguese bands and music styles, and that was the point you were defending all this time...but well i guess you don't bother to even read my description and hear the bands...
Funny, you are still trying to use a fucked pothole logic to defend your ways. Saying that doesn't defending what you reviewed. It's a contrary to yours, not mine.

I stand by my reviews...and by the way so that no mistakes are made i don't have anything against all the people that have been refered in this "discussion", Wurfel-Waffles was stating his opinion and i respect that, i like the russian submission by Z-Raven and never said it was a poor representation of Russia and i loved Samulis song, its actually in my top 10.
As for Computer112 i did not come here to make enemies and i hope i didn't...

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 07:51 PM, Computer112 wrote: Don't want a flame, but fuck, anyway.

>Says he doesn't want to start a flamewar
>Starts a flamewar
>States he's done arguing in flamewar he started in the first place

Please tell me more about how you understand the basic principles of having a constructive debate.