Be a Supporter!

Represent A Country 7 [Contest]

  • 21,921 Views
  • 322 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-09 16:46:43 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/497987 here's my song


BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 05:11:32 Reply

At 8/9/12 05:48 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: In that case:

Name Of Act: The Criminal
Country: Germany (if taken, Switzerland)
Genre: Unknown
Name of Track: \

Germany is in!

At 8/9/12 09:00 AM, Assios wrote: Name Of Act: none yet
Country: Norway
Genre: Dubstep or electro, deciding later
Name of Track: none yet

Norway is always taken... how about Denmark?

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 17:38:34 Reply

Naw, don't worry about it! I'm sticking with Turkey.


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 18:32:07 Reply

At 8/10/12 05:38 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Naw, don't worry about it! I'm sticking with Turkey.

Okay! :)

Come on guys! Don't let the applications slow down, join in the fun! :D

Also if you've already applied you can represent another country once you have submitted your first track :)

camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 18:46:42 Reply

At 8/10/12 06:32 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 8/10/12 05:38 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Naw, don't worry about it! I'm sticking with Turkey.
Okay! :)

Come on guys! Don't let the applications slow down, join in the fun! :D

Also if you've already applied you can represent another country once you have submitted your first track :)

Does that mean I technically need to have actually submitted my first track before actually being eligible to use Senegal?

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 18:51:01 Reply

At 8/10/12 06:46 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 8/10/12 06:32 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 8/10/12 05:38 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Naw, don't worry about it! I'm sticking with Turkey.
Okay! :)

Come on guys! Don't let the applications slow down, join in the fun! :D

Also if you've already applied you can represent another country once you have submitted your first track :)
Does that mean I technically need to have actually submitted my first track before actually being eligible to use Senegal?

Nah, I've already accepted you application for Senegal and I know I can trust you to submit both entries :)

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 23:32:11 Reply

O my fucking god I have missed a lol! I must not miss any event of newgrounds any more!

Name of Act: Computer112
Represent: Vietnam
Genre: Classical (could be contemporary)
Song name: Join our hands for victory


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-10 23:56:11 Reply

At 8/10/12 11:32 PM, Computer112 wrote: O my fucking god I have missed a lol! I must not miss any event of newgrounds any more!

Name of Act: Computer112
Represent: Vietnam
Genre: Classical (could be contemporary)
Song name: Join our hands for victory

Back from the army? That was quick, I thought you were to leave for the next four years?

In any case, glad to see you again, and good luck in the competition!

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 01:43:22 Reply

Okay here is my first submission for Zimbabwe.

Title: Kilimajaro Rises
Genre: Rapefunk/Funk/Hip Hop

  • Kilimajaro Rises
    Kilimajaro Rises by Gobblemeister

    In Africa, hope is born only to die.

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Funk
    Popularity
    6 Views

I would also like to see about representing another country if possible.

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 04:49:15 Reply

At 8/10/12 11:32 PM, Computer112 wrote: O my fucking god I have missed a lol! I must not miss any event of newgrounds any more!

Name of Act: Computer112
Represent: Vietnam
Genre: Classical (could be contemporary)
Song name: Join our hands for victory

Vietnam is in guys! :D

At 8/11/12 01:43 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: Okay here is my first submission for Zimbabwe.

Title: Kilimajaro Rises
Genre: Rapefunk/Funk/Hip Hop
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498348
I would also like to see about representing another country if possible.

Excellent! Okay, which country would you like to go for?

Also, promotion time for your entry! :D

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 08:37:29 Reply

To keep you guys up to date and to provide some inspiration... here's what happened in the last contest!

  • RAC2012
    RAC2012 by NeonProject

    RAC 6 Project Preview

    Score
    4.38 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Miscellaneous
    Popularity
    1,108 Views

And we currently have two entries so far!

Netherlands:

  • Happy Holiday
    Happy Holiday by ForeverBound

    Happy Holiday RAC7

    Score
    4.60 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
    129 Views

and

Zimbabwe:

  • Kilimajaro Rises
    Kilimajaro Rises by Gobblemeister

    In Africa, hope is born only to die.

    Score
    4.77 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Funk
    Popularity
    28 Views

adilovemetal
adilovemetal
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 08:44:53 Reply

Name Of Act: Adilovemetal
Country: India
Genre: Melodic Metal
Name of Track: 9th Circle Of Hell

adilovemetal
adilovemetal
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 08:50:48 Reply

At 8/11/12 08:44 AM, adilovemetal wrote: Name Of Act: Adilovemetal
Country: India
Genre: Melodic Metal
Name of Track: 9th Circle Of Hell

  • 9th Circle Of Hell
    9th Circle Of Hell by adilovemetal

    EZX Drumkit From Hell, Zoom G3, Schecter Guitar

    Score
    3.57 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity
    50 Views

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 09:04:06 Reply

India is already being represented, plus your track has to be created specifically for the contest! Make sure you read the entire first post and links before applying guys!

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 10:43:45 Reply

At 8/11/12 04:49 AM, NeonProject wrote: Excellent! Okay, which country would you like to go for?

Romania, they have Gymnasts and Vampires which is perfect for Rapefunk.

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 10:58:30 Reply

At 8/11/12 10:43 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 8/11/12 04:49 AM, NeonProject wrote: Excellent! Okay, which country would you like to go for?
Romania, they have Gymnasts and Vampires which is perfect for Rapefunk.

Romania is in! :D

descara
descara
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 11:07:43 Reply

I'd like to represent Sweden if possible :)

Name Of Act: descara
Country: Sweden
Genre: folk/classical (probably a polska)
Name of Track: (Can be Decided Later)

Bit boring since I come from Sweden, but it'd be great fun writing a proper folk/classical meld!

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 11:36:50 Reply

At 8/10/12 11:56 PM, camoshark wrote: Back from the army? That was quick, I thought you were to leave for the next four years?

In any case, glad to see you again, and good luck in the competition!

Thank you.

I am back for 2 month. The last semester I took was only qualification; basically it included blitz physical training, weapon/firearm handling and some brief courses on field engineering. The real training comes in early October and end in next year on same month. If I pass it with high achievements then I am going to be transferred to commission early. Probably doing either 'humanitarian' or combat in Afghanistan. I am excited for both.


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
descara
descara
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 12:00:02 Reply

Hey, welcome back! I'm not exactly the most active around here, but I noticed you hadn't posted anything for a great long while and went and checked out your profile some time this spring. Thanks a lot for the mention in your newspost :)

At 8/11/12 11:36 AM, Computer112 wrote:
At 8/10/12 11:56 PM, camoshark wrote: Back from the army? That was quick, I thought you were to leave for the next four years?

In any case, glad to see you again, and good luck in the competition!
Thank you.

I am back for 2 month. The last semester I took was only qualification; basically it included blitz physical training, weapon/firearm handling and some brief courses on field engineering. The real training comes in early October and end in next year on same month. If I pass it with high achievements then I am going to be transferred to commission early. Probably doing either 'humanitarian' or combat in Afghanistan. I am excited for both.
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 12:44:31 Reply

At 8/11/12 11:07 AM, descara wrote: I'd like to represent Sweden if possible :)

Name Of Act: descara
Country: Sweden
Genre: folk/classical (probably a polska)
Name of Track: (Can be Decided Later)

Bit boring since I come from Sweden, but it'd be great fun writing a proper folk/classical meld!

And Sweden is in! :D

Nimble
Nimble
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 12:58:58 Reply

Name Of Act:NimblekidX
Country:Egypt(If taken,Israel)
Genre:Traditional Folk/Contemporary
Name of Song:(To Be Determined)

This time,I'm gonna hit this with all I have.


Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:05:45 Reply

Name of act: Buoy
Country: Iceland
Genre: TBA
Name of track: TBA

samulis
samulis
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:15:59 Reply

Name Of Act: Samulis
Country: Ireland
Genre: Orchestral-Cinematic
Name of Track: TBD


My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:40:31 Reply

Woooh!

I love casually going for Dinner and coming back to lots of new applications! :)

Israel, Iceland and Ireland have been accepted! :)

As things stand we are forecast to 2 semi-finals! This will depend on whether all the people submit a track and vote though! :)

As things stand there will be 24 countries battling for the 16 places alongside the top 5 in the Grand Final!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:43:42 Reply

At 8/11/12 02:15 PM, samulis wrote: Name Of Act: Samulis
Country: Ireland
Genre: Orchestral-Cinematic
Name of Track: TBD

You're representing the ROI whilst I'm representing the UK: IT'S NOW ON!


AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:45:35 Reply

Oooooh, seeing a lot of big names these times around, things are getting exciting!

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 14:51:54 Reply

At 8/11/12 02:45 PM, camoshark wrote: Oooooh, seeing a lot of big names these times around, things are getting exciting!

Some of these big names are returning! :P

Let's make this the most awesome thing on Newgrounds guys! :D

Nimble
Nimble
  • Member since: May. 21, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 15:03:55 Reply

At 8/11/12 02:45 PM, camoshark wrote: Oooooh, seeing a lot of big names these times around, things are getting exciting!

Good to see you're back. :D

I gotta step up my game big time.


Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 15:17:43 Reply

At 8/11/12 03:03 PM, NimblekidX wrote:
At 8/11/12 02:45 PM, camoshark wrote: Oooooh, seeing a lot of big names these times around, things are getting exciting!
Good to see you're back. :D

I gotta step up my game big time.

You say that, and yet your track was one of my favorites from last RAC!

Glad to have you back on the panel, and good luck!

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Represent A Country 7 [Contest] 2012-08-11 18:32:56 Reply

Germany, check. Austria, check. IRELAND?.!... check.

Name of act: waffle
Country: Iran
Genre: classical
Song name: (later)


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature