New Topic Respond to this Topic
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:24 PM Reply

I put him up there with that Fred dolt on a scale of annoyingness.

BBS Signature
X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:17 PM, 0ctopus wrote: Do you have aspergers or something?

Sorry for the double post, but,

Wait, what?

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 8/8/12 01:27 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but,

Wait, what?

Some users on here are so retarded that they feel the need to say that anyone with an odd perception or idea has aspergers or autism

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
Tomatoes aren't roof tiles

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

He got like 17,000 dollars from his fans to start a website he never made.

You mean a site that's currently in progress and is going to be released sometime soon?
http://notproductive.com/

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

When it comes down to it, he is a vlogger nothing more. However I do agree with his opinions from time to time especially in Politics. However at times I will disagree with him as well. He has had his ups and downs, but all in all I'm subscribed to him. At least he's a vlogger actually discussing things happening in America, the country he's from. Unlike Shane Dawson.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 8th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

I watch the Amazing Atheist not mostly because I agree with his sentiments but because it's entertaining to watch him speak crazily about current issues.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM Reply

I watched a few of his vidz back in the past just to see what he had to say, but I don't believe in atheist

BBS Signature
JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 01:22 AM Reply

C'mon guys, Tj isnt THAT bad

Sheepiez
Sheepiez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 07:34 AM Reply

He's a dick in character and a bigger dick as himself.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 11:07 AM Reply

At 8/4/12 08:09 PM, Lady-Stardust wrote: Oh yes. The man who destroyed his reputation on reddit.

I bet under half his fanbase even checks out reddit.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
horsenwelles
horsenwelles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Movie Buff
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 8/9/12 11:07 AM, II2none wrote:
At 8/4/12 08:09 PM, Lady-Stardust wrote: Oh yes. The man who destroyed his reputation on reddit.
I bet under half his fanbase even checks out reddit.

reddit's not at fault here. its his own confused identity. he'd be a wonderful actor if he didn't stand right beside his opinions as his character.

this for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/TJdoeslife

flank, the dog

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

this for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/TJdoeslife

I think he already addressed and apologized for what he had said on Reddit, I believe it was about him saying that a woman should get raped?

He has changed some views on feminism since then, if you have up to date with his videos.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

I don't think it's accurate to call him a bigot. He may deride people who disagree with him in his videos and elsewhere, but from everything that I've seen of him, I get the strong impression that he's just exaggerating for show. He is an entertainer, after all. No one goes on Youtube to watch average people sit in front of a webcam and outline the arguments for their beliefs in a calm, civil, and mundane manner unless the person is especially, extraordinarily spectacular. He knows this. And he's not the first person to employ that tactic. A lot of entertainers have done it and become successful because of it, George Carlin being one of them. Now, that's not to say that TAA is anywhere near the level of George Carlin. In fact, if someone suggested to me that TAA was as talented as George Carlin, I would consider them delusional. But there are similarities between their tactics.

Overall, I can't really understand the strong feelings toward, whether it be love or hate. He's just some random guy who yells about politics on camera, and why people think he's anything other than ordinary is beyond me.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
horsenwelles
horsenwelles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Movie Buff
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 10th, 2012 @ 02:17 AM Reply

At 8/9/12 07:48 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I don't think it's accurate to call him a bigot. He may deride people who disagree with him in his videos and elsewhere, but from everything that I've seen of him, I get the strong impression that he's just exaggerating for show. He is an entertainer, after all. No one goes on Youtube to watch average people sit in front of a webcam and outline the arguments for their beliefs in a calm, civil, and mundane manner unless the person is especially, extraordinarily spectacular. He knows this. And he's not the first person to employ that tactic. A lot of entertainers have done it and become successful because of it, George Carlin being one of them. Now, that's not to say that TAA is anywhere near the level of George Carlin. In fact, if someone suggested to me that TAA was as talented as George Carlin, I would consider them delusional. But there are similarities between their tactics.

Overall, I can't really understand the strong feelings toward, whether it be love or hate. He's just some random guy who yells about politics on camera, and why people think he's anything other than ordinary is beyond me.

"all republicans sleep with their sisters and watch nascar" is probably the reason why people find strong distaste for him. that and "every single person who is pro life was a failed abortion" if i quoted that one right.

he's so bitterly leftist that other leftists cant stand him because he never has complete stance on whether he's a character, a satire, or himself. he's not as intelligent as he wants his audience to believe, he's never sure whether he should play his more intense hate as satirical or not until the audience tells him, and he has no place. he's not interesting or new at all, whether he be playing as a character or as himself. at least be fucking consistent you moron TJ!

flank, the dog

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Actually, yes, I do.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

NightmareWitch
NightmareWitch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

I watch him depending on the subject but there's rarely a case where I take his videos seriously. He's a master at offending people and starting flame wars with equally bigoted internet addicts. I feel like material like his should be satirical.

NmW

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis...
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 8/10/12 02:17 AM, dante224 wrote: "all republicans sleep with their sisters and watch nascar" is probably the reason why people find strong distaste for him. that and "every single person who is pro life was a failed abortion" if i quoted that one right.

Sounds like the acts of any number of generic, half-baked stand-up comics attempting to take the Bill Mahar path to fame. Nothing new there so it doesn't elicit any emotional response from me. I can't hate or love him because there's nothing about him that stands out as unique whether it be good or bad. I can criticize the category of people he belongs to but singling him out would like either cringing at or having an orgasm over one molecule in a vat of liquid. That may not be the best analogy in the world but I hope it gets my point across well enough.

he's so bitterly leftist that other leftists cant stand him because he never has complete stance on whether he's a character, a satire, or himself. he's not as intelligent as he wants his audience to believe, he's never sure whether he should play his more intense hate as satirical or not until the audience tells him, and he has no place. he's not interesting or new at all, whether he be playing as a character or as himself. at least be fucking consistent you moron TJ!

He just seems to me to be one of those people who can only be interesting with his points when he uses gratuitous amount of exaggeration and yelling. I guess I've just listened to and read so many political rants that nothing TJ says strikes me as really out there. I'm not even entirely sure how I managed to come up with multiple paragraphs' worth of things to say about him.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to the amazingathiest... Aug. 13th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 8/5/12 07:17 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: He reads these forums you know.

Like i give fuck he reads or not

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature