Be a Supporter!
BloodCoveredWolf
BloodCoveredWolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

iI have heard they are planning to make a Doom 4. they havent put any news about the game yet but i'll put some more info as soon as i know more. So what do think about Doom 4 will it better or worse then Doom 3.

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 8/3/12 06:15 PM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: So what do think about Doom 4 will it better or worse then Doom 3.

Kinda hard to tell, what with there not being a single piece of media available relating to Doom 4.

I expect a linear corridor shooter with no more than 3 enemies per room.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 8/3/12 06:19 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I expect a linear corridor shooter with no more than 3 enemies per room.

To be fair they have said they're trying to make something closer to Doom 1 and 2 than Doom 3.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 8/3/12 06:48 PM, Jackho wrote: To be fair they have said they're trying to make something closer to Doom 1 and 2 than Doom 3.

One can hope. They kinda burnt out my hope with RAGE, though.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Epiderminus
Epiderminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Can't wait, as long it keeps its awesome atmosphere that was in Doom3, and leans more towards the combat syle that was in Doom 1 and 2, and prehaps quake, it should be EPIC!

"The essence of every world, every spell, and every thought is power. Nothing else matters, because nothing else exists."

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 8/3/12 06:15 PM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: iI have heard they are planning to make a Doom 4.

Do you have a link? Not sure if Doom 4 is a good idea.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 4th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

I hope it would be better. I know they're making an HD remake of Doom 3 that they said they'll fix all the problems.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM Reply

It is just to hard to know without screen shots or pictures.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Epiderminus
Epiderminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 02:19 AM Reply

At 8/5/12 02:10 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is just to hard to know without screen shots or pictures.

There was a magazine article that I read, Either PC gamer or game informer that they had a intervew with ID software, they did confirm that there will be a doom 4 and that they had already started production. If memory serves, I believe it was the November issue of last year.

"The essence of every world, every spell, and every thought is power. Nothing else matters, because nothing else exists."

ASSHAT-ISLAND
ASSHAT-ISLAND
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:21 AM Reply

It won't be as good as Doom 3 but at least the graphics will be awesome, hopefully!

I like asshats :3

BBS Signature
Epiderminus
Epiderminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:40 AM Reply

At 8/5/12 03:21 AM, ASSHAT-ISLAND wrote: It won't be as good as Doom 3 but at least the graphics will be awesome, hopefully!

with all due respect, Doom 3 was a little bit of a disappointment, Im not saying it was a bad game, but to me it just didn't feel like the experience that i had come to know and love.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:28 PM Reply

I'm glad they're intending on going back to the traditional style of Doom 1 and 2, but I don't know. id's games haven't really been that great lately, so I'm a bit worried about how Doom 4 will be. At best, it'll be like Serious Sam 3 was and be a breath of fresh air from the generic war shooters that are popular nowadays. I really hope it ends up like that.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

Can't really judge Doom 4 now when there are no details yet or even pics and footage for that matter.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Doom 4 Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 07:27 PM Reply

Usually when a video game series extends further upon than a trilogy it's because they've run out of fresh ideas or because there desperate for suckers money. But this game really looks interesting and is probably my most anticipated upcoming game along with The Last Story.

BBS Signature