New Topic Respond to this Topic
Solkrieg
Solkrieg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 03:27:26 Reply

Alright so the main topic of this thread is can anyone for the love of God get me the acapella to the song 'Getting Away With Murder' by PaPa Roach. I've searched for hours and nothing has turned up. Not even a hint of one ever existing.

So I've looked at some methods on how to create an acapella and I am unable to attempt any of them to my fullest extent because I'm not in situation to do so (Nor will I be for the next 7 days). So, that being said, if anyone can either post some ways that have worked for them or just post the acapella (they will be loved forever for posting such material) would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The acapella doesn't have to be perfect, it can have some background noise.

Solkrieg.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 04:27:02 Reply

First off, you can't use acapellas on Newgrounds because they're under copyright. If you use one for a remix or bootleg it'll be deleted.

When I make an acapella (which I rarely do, btw) I need the original song and the intrumentail version of it. That should not be a karaoke version but REALLY the official instrumental. Then, load those two into any audio editor like Audacity and line them up so that they're playing at exactly the same time. Then you should reverse the polarity of the instrumental track. This will cause the instrumentals in the track with vocals to get a high-pass effect (that would be the background noise). If you lined the tracks up perfectly, you should be left with a clean acapella.

Also the site acapellas4u has got some decent acapellas. ;)

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 05:13:29 Reply

At 8/3/12 04:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: When I make an acapella (which I rarely do, btw) I need the original song and the intrumentail version of it...Then, load those two into any audio editor like Audacity and line them up so that they're playing at exactly the same time. Then you should reverse the polarity of the instrumental track. This will cause the instrumentals in the track with vocals to get a high-pass effect (that would be the background noise). If you lined the tracks up perfectly, you should be left with a clean acapella.

Tried this so many times without success that it's not funny. If you can get this method to work, you are pretty much Jesus.

lol fuk u

Solkrieg
Solkrieg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 13:27:19 Reply

At 8/3/12 05:13 AM, HyperTrough wrote:
At 8/3/12 04:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: This will cause the instrumentals in the track with vocals to get a high-pass effect (that would be the background noise). If you lined the tracks up perfectly, you should be left with a clean acapella.
Tried this so many times without success that it's not funny. If you can get this method to work, you are pretty much Jesus.

Basically this. If you could do this for me and PM me with the results, I would love you long time?

Solkrieg.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 13:42:26 Reply

At 8/3/12 01:27 PM, Solkrieg wrote:
At 8/3/12 05:13 AM, HyperTrough wrote:
At 8/3/12 04:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: This will cause the instrumentals in the track with vocals to get a high-pass effect (that would be the background noise). If you lined the tracks up perfectly, you should be left with a clean acapella.
Basically this. If you could do this for me and PM me with the results, I would love you long time?

If you're planning to release it here, try to get a voice actor or something to do it. If you do so it will be 100% legit and you won't be banned.

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Solkrieg
Solkrieg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-03 18:04:09 Reply

If you're planning to release it here, try to get a voice actor or something to do it. If you do so it will be 100% legit and you won't be banned.

Yeah the thought has already crossed my mind.

Solkrieg.

KittenBeat
KittenBeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-05 16:44:34 Reply

I have a method for making decent acapellas for mixes with nothing but a high quality mp3 or wave and Audacity.

A:
1: Open track in Audacity. It MUST be stereo.
2: Split the stereo track into two mono tracks.
3: Set them both to mono and invert one of them.
4: Render it as a NEW Mp3 of the SAME quality/bitrate
THEN,
B:
1: Open the original Mp3 and the edited Mp3 together.
2: Hi-light the edited track, and go to noise removal. Sample it for noise removal.
3: Then Apply Noise removal on the main Mp3. You'll have to play with the settings here a lot.

If done properly, It will remove most of the sounds that aren't vocals, and leave you with a decently clean acapella.
I hope this helps c:

Solkrieg
Solkrieg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-06 16:02:43 Reply

At 8/5/12 04:44 PM, KittenBeat wrote: I have a method for making decent acapellas for mixes with nothing but a high quality mp3 or wave and Audacity.

A:
1: Open track in Audacity. It MUST be stereo.
2: Split the stereo track into two mono tracks.
3: Set them both to mono and invert one of them.
4: Render it as a NEW Mp3 of the SAME quality/bitrate
THEN,
B:
1: Open the original Mp3 and the edited Mp3 together.
2: Hi-light the edited track, and go to noise removal. Sample it for noise removal.
3: Then Apply Noise removal on the main Mp3. You'll have to play with the settings here a lot.

If done properly, It will remove most of the sounds that aren't vocals, and leave you with a decently clean acapella.
I hope this helps c:

Yes, I've seen that method before. However I am not in a situation to attempt such a thing yet. Is there anyway I can pay you to render an acapella of this song?

Solkrieg.

td6d
td6d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-06 19:18:34 Reply

Sooooo, with acapella you mean, just the voice track or really the whole song sung by human voice? I.a.w. guitars, drums, bass... > human voice.

**gurgle... sputter.. huuuurrrlll**

Solkrieg
Solkrieg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Acapella creation. 2012-08-07 20:54:33 Reply

At 8/6/12 07:18 PM, td6d wrote: Sooooo, with acapella you mean, just the voice track or really the whole song sung by human voice? I.a.w. guitars, drums, bass... > human voice.

The whole song, with only singer.

Solkrieg.