New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:02:45 Reply

...do you think it would be good? Forget whether they deserve it or not for a minute. With most human beings gone, do you think the world would be a better place? I mean, we're already destroying the planet. Food resources, water, species endangerment, litter, oil spills, et cetera. If most human beings suddenly disappeared somehow, we'd still have enough people.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:06:43 Reply

Yes. It will probably be better for the Earth in the long run.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
4Doctodragon
4Doctodragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:08:33 Reply

Notion to genocide.

BBS Signature
Victor-Zsasz
Victor-Zsasz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:12:12 Reply

if most people died I would only be closer to my goal.

I would be depressed though, after all, my knife and I wouldn't see, nor feel them die.

Life is a disease

TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:19:43 Reply

If humans became extinct of course it would be better for the earth. But let me ask you this: Who, if not humans will be able to appreciate or even comprehend the improvement of the earth? Humans are the most self aware and intelligent beings on the planet. We are the only ones who know it will come to an end (be it ten years from now or five billion,) and the only ones who know it could be better. If we just up and vanished, no animals would be likely to even notice.

Animals are practically robots, acting entirely on instinct. Humans have hopes, dreams, and can understand the world around them much better than any other animal. Why destroy the most intelligent being to improve the earth, when there won't even be any intelligent beings left to understand it was improved? All the animals would be none the wiser either way, except for some confusion when they find the tree their nest was in was gone, and then a brief struggle for life before death.

It's better to just try and better the world without destroying ourselves. It can be done, it's just not being done.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:19:53 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:17 PM, e-lord wrote: no

What if most modern technologies (mainly the unnecessary ones) were completely destroyed one way or another? Would that change your mind?

BBS Signature
TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:22:21 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:19 PM, TheLukeinator wrote:
It's better to just try and better the world without destroying ourselves. It can be done, it's just not being done.

I don't see that happening. Things just get worse and worse despite some people trying. I think it'd be virtually impossible to do.

BBS Signature
TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:28:16 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:24 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:19 PM, TheUkobach wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:17 PM, e-lord wrote: no
What if most modern technologies (mainly the unnecessary ones) were completely destroyed one way or another? Would that change your mind?
what?

my argument hinged on blue-collar work being undesirable,and removing technology wouldn't change anything, nor woudl it change poor corporate leadership

If the majority of modern technology was destroyed, it would be much more difficult for anyone to take control. We would just live like we did 100-200 years ago with the exception of some modern technology existing. We could just live getting things done the way people did in the olden days with no real worries.

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:30:55 Reply

No, killing off people would not help the earth. Hell the earth ain't even overpopulated we're continuously developing technology to lessen our use of resources and to less the impact of extracting said resources. i think e-lord made the best point, killing people off would actually be worse since our infrastructure would collapse due to the lack of people maintaining it.

TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:33:20 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:30 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: Hell the earth ain't even overpopulated we're continuously developing technology to lessen our use of resources and to less the impact of extracting said resources.

Such as?

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:48:06 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:33 PM, TheUkobach wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:30 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: Hell the earth ain't even overpopulated we're continuously developing technology to lessen our use of resources and to less the impact of extracting said resources.
Such as?

We're making car engines burn fuel more efficiently. the process of drilling oil has improved drastically over the past 30 years. I can go on

TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:51:13 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:48 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:
Such as?
We're making car engines burn fuel more efficiently. the process of drilling oil has improved drastically over the past 30 years. I can go on

Those would constitute as needed technology. However, do you disagree that the world would be a better place overall with a smaller population? If so, why?

BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:55:05 Reply

But Earth was specifically designed for humans and animals. If the the lower animals can sustain in large numbers, so can humans

BBS Signature
ClearlyConfused
ClearlyConfused
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:57:24 Reply

I would miss trolling the forums!!!

I'm a little bit of a solitary person, so I wouldn't mind it too much.

BBS Signature
TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:59:43 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:55 PM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: But Earth was specifically designed for humans and animals. If the the lower animals can sustain in large numbers, so can humans

O rly?

If most human beings died...

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 22:59:53 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:57 PM, ClearlyConfused wrote: I would miss trolling the forums!!!

I'm a little bit of a solitary person, so I wouldn't mind it too much.

13 posts, and just signed up today.
Yep, I'd sure like a decrease in the human population.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:05:58 Reply

If the population started decreasing slowly, it would be okay, but a sudden huge loss would have some consequences. There are a fair number of things that require knowledge and manpower for them to exist safely. You wouldn't want things like nuclear power plants or large dams going unmaintained.

There would also be a lot of decay of infrastructure overall, research that benefits the human race would be undersupplied and therefore slowed considerably, etc. Overpopulation isn't good, but it's not as if there are no benefits to having a large population. It's not exactly a simple question to answer.

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:08:25 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:51 PM, TheUkobach wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:48 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:
Such as?
Those would constitute as needed technology. However, do you disagree that the world would be a better place overall with a smaller population? If so, why?

As I said on my first post, the world would not be a better place with a smaller population because due to the void in blue collar workers e-lord said would likely happen, you wouldn't have enough people to upkeep the infrastructure in the world and some places that look like well kept places will end up looking like chernobyl or detroit, especially in the developing world where white collar jobs are the fastest growing parts of their economies.

TheUkobach
TheUkobach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:11:20 Reply

At 8/2/12 11:05 PM, Elfer wrote: You wouldn't want things like nuclear power plants or large dams going unmaintained.

Well, if most people were killed off and we could let nuclear engineers, et cetera, survive (still not supporting genocide; it's just a theory), this wouldn't be an issue. All needed technology (a couple examples are in one of my previous posts) would have people to maintain/improve them.

BBS Signature
yugimt
yugimt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Voice Actor
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:13:03 Reply

There's no point because people will just repopulate themselves all over again.

BBS Signature
TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:44:43 Reply

At 8/2/12 11:13 PM, yugimt wrote: There's no point because people will just repopulate themselves all over again.

Actually, if there's less than one thousand of a species left, it's very likely to die out due to in breeding.

I still think this is a fucking stupid way to think though.

PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:46:30 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:59 PM, TheUkobach wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:55 PM, PuRpLe-KusH wrote: But Earth was specifically designed for humans and animals. If the the lower animals can sustain in large numbers, so can humans
O rly?

What do those pics have to do with anything ? Also People are AW3SOME

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:52:55 Reply

No because theres always going to be more idiots so less people just means less chance of someone intelligent to fix things.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to If most human beings died... 2012-08-02 23:56:14 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:22 PM, TheUkobach wrote:
At 8/2/12 10:19 PM, TheLukeinator wrote:
I don't see that happening. Things just get worse and worse despite some people trying. I think it'd be virtually impossible to do.

You're missing the point. I'm saying it's better to try to fix the problems. It's better to risk it and maybe destroy the planet, than to just give up and genocide the only intelligent life on the planet. Whether we are likely to pull through or not (I myself am very optimistic) is irrelevant.