New Topic Respond to this Topic
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Public Idiots 2012-08-02 16:14:13 Reply

Have you ever seen someone accidently do something in public (beside me) that just made you cover your face and look away cringing. Or maybe something the person meant to do in private but wasn't thinking and accidently broadcasted it to everyone in the vicinity. One time i was walking through the hallway at my high school when an elderly woman shuffled out of the office and i noticed there was a short strand of toilet paper dangling on the back of her shirt neck. Maybe i should have said something but i really didn't care until half an hour later when i was taken out of my bio class and ordered to the front office. I guess someone shortly after noticed it to on her back too (which wasn't hard to believe since it was trailing behind her like a kite.) When she found out i guess she suspected me. I don't know how she found me (stalker probably) but when i came to the office the woman was really mad and said loudly, "you have some nerve young man, putting dirty toilet paper on the back of my neck!"
She kept rambling on and it was bad enough having the other people in the office listen to this nonsense about me but then i noticed this girl (who is friends with a girl I like) give me a dirty awkward look and leave before I could tell the old lady that i was innocent in front of the girl. So now she thinks I attached dirty toilet paper to the back of an old woman's neck. Well i was mad for days after that one. But to be honest i don't know who it was worse for; Me or the old lady. Responses = Cool story bro

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 17:50:36 Reply

A silent idiot is tolerable.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 18:19:49 Reply

Even though i am socialy retarded i try to be friendly but due to my luck it fails...miseriably

Hi

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 19:14:54 Reply

People who have no idea how to act around other people are the worst.

Jesus Christ, it's really not that hard.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 19:19:49 Reply

At 8/2/12 07:14 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: People who have no idea how to act around other people are the worst.

The ability to be socially acceptable isn't such a simple concept. As a child you prolly were around alot of people and were active and social. It is through expierences which we become comfortable and through proper insights where we realise if we are indeed being awkard or not. If someone does not have those expierences or knowledge to follow by in their brain being socially acceptable is a difficult thing.

Not only does social awkwardness relate to that, but it also relates to life expierences that can be deemed as tramatic or a period of time away from social communication. It is all about not being so self concious and aware of your surrounds that create a comfortable setting for you to express yourself in a calm and easy going manner.

So to claim something like this is simply easy, is pretty ignorant to those who have suffered in life and cannot go about social situations for good reasons.

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 19:23:36 Reply

There's a socially awkward person that was at my college.

I mean, I can be an idiot, or shy, or both, but I do know how to act around people. This guy... he comes off as creepy. He can't seem to look anyone in the eye, he only quotes Scott Pilgrim, makes lists of which girl he wants to date... i dunno man.

I know that's not a "public idiot," but someone mentioned a socially awkward guy and I was reminded to.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-02 19:24:04 Reply

Autistic people

original I am.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-03 04:04:59 Reply

At 8/2/12 07:14 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: People who have no idea how to act around other people are the worst.

i kno rite people these days jeez yolo swag #fml!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

ClearlyConfused
ClearlyConfused
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-03 15:22:04 Reply

I don't look away or cringe; I walk up to your pathetic, meaningless existence and repeat the following: "Knock it the fuck off and do something productive; Like play in traffic or die."

Public Idiots

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-03 15:34:54 Reply

I have a friend who I brought to Dave and Buster's while he was drunk and fucked up on xanax, so we put a helmet on him and told everyone he was retarded. He was so fucked up he didn't even realize he was wearing a helmet. All night he would go around and hit on girls or try to pick fights with dudes, everyone just ignored him or patronized him.

It was fucking hysterical.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-03 15:46:10 Reply

The worst is people who think they're being funny by being deliberately loud and obnoxious at inappropriate times.
I'm not talking about people who are just eccentric; they might be cringe-worthy at times but they don't fill us with as much loathing as the people who never shut up and think everybody loves them.

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Public Idiots 2012-08-03 15:50:51 Reply

You mean people who plank, or just try to gain attention in the most stupidest way possible?
It happens a lot near highschools.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 15:20:47 Reply

At 8/2/12 07:24 PM, mandog wrote: Autistic people

tahts mesd up

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 15:39:37 Reply

wait are we talking about supergandhi64?

Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 15:41:22 Reply

At 8/2/12 06:19 PM, beardkiller wrote: Even though i am socialy retarded i try to be friendly but due to my luck it fails...miseriably

No matter how miserably you fail it is always admirable to try

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 15:51:17 Reply

At 8/2/12 04:14 PM, Omegeist wrote: Maybe i should have said something but i really didn't care until half an hour later when i was taken out of my bio class and ordered to the front office.

Prime example of causation and effect.

Sometimes it's good to follow your first mind esp. when it involves doing a good deed for someone else. Sometimes when little things like that happen to me, i feel like it's God testing my morals or something to that effect

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 18:44:46 Reply

At 8/2/12 04:14 PM, Omegeist wrote: So now she thinks I attached dirty toilet paper to the back of an old woman's neck.

Hah, cool story bro! :)

As for public idiots, I haven't seen any in... ever? I really can't remember a single incident. Either I live in a very boring place, or an idyllic and harmonious place, or I don't get out enough, or stuff like that only happens in America. :/

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 18:48:19 Reply

Put your shit in paragraphs

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to Public Idiots 2013-02-22 18:56:01 Reply

At 2/22/13 06:48 PM, Saen wrote: Put your shit in paragraphs

It is a paragraph. A long one. It's like, less content in terms of paragraph amount than if it had been split up! :O