Be a Supporter!

August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers

  • 5,721 Views
  • 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 8/28/12 05:33 PM, DivoFST wrote: Not sure if i should be happy that i made the top 6 xD
Its like getting the podium out of 4 teams xD

top 4 are announced from those six at the beginning of next month dear - it just means you made it into the finals :)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 8/29/12 12:51 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 8/28/12 03:37 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/28/12 01:15 PM, Zachary wrote:
And this one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/497326
sadly it did not live up to our quality standards.

or any standards at that. Rapefunk fails.
And by 'us' you mean you because you're an ego crazed, self-centered, bus wanker. There is no reason his entry should be excluded. You can't even come up with 8 entries why are these contests still going?

exerpt from rules:

"Also you MUST post the link to any and all voice acting songs you used in your song description - this is non-negotiable as you MUST give credit to those whose material you used.
Any songs that do NOT conform to the rule of only using voice acting vocals which are non-commercial, or HAVING to use voice acting vocals for this contest WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. I have noticed that in the past the rules are not always followed.. or in some cases even READ. If this is the case this time your song will automatically be thrown out - NO EXCEPTIONS."

steps down from soapbox.
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 29th, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 8/29/12 07:50 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/29/12 12:51 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 8/28/12 03:37 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/28/12 01:15 PM, Zachary wrote:
And this one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/497326
sadly it did not live up to our quality standards.

or any standards at that. Rapefunk fails.
And by 'us' you mean you because you're an ego crazed, self-centered, bus wanker. There is no reason his entry should be excluded. You can't even come up with 8 entries why are these contests still going?
exerpt from rules:

"Also you MUST post the link to any and all voice acting songs you used in your song description - this is non-negotiable as you MUST give credit to those whose material you used.
Any songs that do NOT conform to the rule of only using voice acting vocals which are non-commercial, or HAVING to use voice acting vocals for this contest WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES. I have noticed that in the past the rules are not always followed.. or in some cases even READ. If this is the case this time your song will automatically be thrown out - NO EXCEPTIONS."

steps down from soapbox.

Except for the fact he clearly listed them as sampled in the side right here (see picture below). He qualifies. The fact that the audio mods still let you run this contest shows that they don't really give a damn about the audio community. They let a person like you run a corrupt and unprofessional contest.

August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers


.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 8/29/12 11:58 PM, Zachary wrote: The fact that the audio mods still let you run this contest shows that they don't really give a damn about the audio community. They let a person like you run a corrupt and unprofessional contest.

You weren't around to see how things went. This very subject was discussed a long time ago in the audio forums. I suggest you have a read.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 8/30/12 08:12 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 8/29/12 11:58 PM, Zachary wrote: The fact that the audio mods still let you run this contest shows that they don't really give a damn about the audio community. They let a person like you run a corrupt and unprofessional contest.
You weren't around to see how things went. This very subject was discussed a long time ago in the audio forums. I suggest you have a read.

he changed his submission recently - it did not originally sound like that, and did not originally conform to the rules. I don't have time to deal with the trolls of general - sorry. Everyone else conformed to it or were disqualified.

Say what you will but I was not the one hurling insults the entire time in this thread instead of doing something constructive - make your own contest - noone says you can't.

Moving on.

Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 8/30/12 09:41 AM, Chronamut wrote:

he changed his submission recently - it did not originally sound like that, and did not originally conform to the rules. I don't have time to deal with the trolls of general - sorry. Everyone else conformed to it or were disqualified.

Say what you will but I was not the one hurling insults the entire time in this thread instead of doing something constructive - make your own contest - noone says you can't.

Moving on.

He didn't change anything. I'm sure the admins can look it up for themselves and see that you're just a liar.


.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 09:41 AM, Chronamut wrote: he changed his submission recently - it did not originally sound like that, and did not originally conform to the rules. I don't have time to deal with the trolls of general - sorry. Everyone else conformed to it or were disqualified.

Say what you will but I was not the one hurling insults the entire time in this thread instead of doing something constructive - make your own contest - noone says you can't.

Moving on.

Chron, you are wrong. The file has not been changed according to our records. If his track complies with the rules you need to include it in your contest.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 12:14 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 8/30/12 09:41 AM, Chronamut wrote: he changed his submission recently - it did not originally sound like that, and did not originally conform to the rules. I don't have time to deal with the trolls of general - sorry. Everyone else conformed to it or were disqualified.

Say what you will but I was not the one hurling insults the entire time in this thread instead of doing something constructive - make your own contest - noone says you can't.

Moving on.
Chron, you are wrong. The file has not been changed according to our records. If his track complies with the rules you need to include it in your contest.

*scratches head* maybe he just didn't include the voice actors at the time then..

well I know when I've been overruled. Fair enough, I will include him as a seventh, however please read the rules fully in future, as rapefunk will not ALWAYS qualify for NACs.

  • Sick Beat Sandwich
    Sick Beat Sandwich by Gobblemeister

    A daring new foray for the music world.

    Score
    2.86 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Funk
    Popularity
    168 Views

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 01:12 PM, Chronamut wrote: *scratches head* maybe he just didn't include the voice actors at the time then..

Our records show the audio file is the same file that was submitted at the time his project was created. It hasn't been replaced since. I don't know if he added credits later, but if he now has proper credits he should be eligible for your contest assuming he falls within the rules.


Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Aug. 30th, 2012 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 8/30/12 02:27 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Our records show the audio file is the same file that was submitted at the time his project was created. It hasn't been replaced since. I don't know if he added credits later, but if he now has proper credits he should be eligible for your contest assuming he falls within the rules.

yeah.. I've passed his entry on to the judges - once again apologies.

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Sep. 4th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

Just wonderin' when the results are coming in.


[Hell Intensifies]

BBS Signature
Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Musician
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 09:04 AM Reply

At 9/4/12 06:37 PM, Cabbster wrote: Just wonderin' when the results are coming in.

It is a very delicate process, judging rapefunk. I do not envy Chron at all for what he has to do. Just be thankful that the internet hasn't imploded with the weightiness of this competition.


...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to August Nac 12: Voice Acting Ravers Sep. 5th, 2012 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 9/4/12 06:37 PM, Cabbster wrote: Just wonderin' when the results are coming in.

sorry wasnt feeling well yesterday - results will be in shortly.