New Topic Respond to this Topic
sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:53 AM Reply

:T DA can be picky sometimes about what they consider explicit, so I'm planning to dump everything here because in the future I want to try doing nsfw art.

personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 03:53 AM, sadisticirony wrote:
T DA can be picky sometimes about what they consider explicit, so I'm planning to dump everything here because in the future I want to try doing nsfw art.

Yeah, DA is a bunch of pussies.
Anyways, since you've noted in the title of your thread NSFW, you're fine to post anything of that nature now.
Welcome to the art forum :)

MrFap
MrFap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 09:56 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 03:53 AM, sadisticirony wrote:
T DA can be picky sometimes about what they consider explicit, so I'm planning to dump everything here because in the future I want to try doing nsfw art.

Already favorited :)
A big welcome to the art forum.

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 09:42 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, DA is a bunch of pussies.
Anyways, since you've noted in the title of your thread NSFW, you're fine to post anything of that nature now.
Welcome to the art forum :)

Thanks for letting me know (yeah ifkr). It's nice to be here. My account here has been stagnant for like...years LOL

At 7/30/12 09:56 AM, MrFap wrote:
Already favorited :)
A big welcome to the art forum.

|D thanks!

Unrelatedly since I'm trying to practise, if anyone wants to suggest characters (fanart only please) go ahead and post. I'm okay with drawing anything human, but I do females better. )': sad but true.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 11:25 AM, sadisticirony wrote: but I do females better. )': sad but true.

People do tend to be better with their own anatomy as oppose to the other gender's.

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 12:21 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/30/12 11:25 AM, sadisticirony wrote: but I do females better. )': sad but true.
People do tend to be better with their own anatomy as oppose to the other gender's.

I seem to draw females better than males, and I am male. Or at least, I think so. Oh, and sadisticirony, your work is fricken' amazing.

f r i c k e n a w e s o m e

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

By request, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts

@drawfall yeah! I think it just depends on what you like to draw. Some people draw animals tons better than humans, or backgrounds, or architecture etc etc

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

what's going on with the art section? First it shows "page not found" every time I submit art, and then it shows like two copies of the art an hour later, and then it gives me the wrong rating, and then it goes 404 when I try to edit it to a proper M. WTF newgrounds

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 7/31/12 01:44 AM, sadisticirony wrote: what's going on with the art section? First it shows "page not found" every time I submit art, and then it shows like two copies of the art an hour later, and then it gives me the wrong rating, and then it goes 404 when I try to edit it to a proper M. WTF newgrounds

Give it a minute, these servers have to process alot of submissions "patients is a virtue" so is a good internet connection.

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 03:39 AM Reply

At 7/31/12 03:22 AM, M-Maher wrote: Give it a minute, these servers have to process alot of submissions "patients is a virtue" so is a good internet connection.

Been about four hours, but I'll keep waiting. Thanks!

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 7/31/12 01:44 AM, sadisticirony wrote: what's going on with the art section? First it shows "page not found" every time I submit art, and then it shows like two copies of the art an hour later, and then it gives me the wrong rating, and then it goes 404 when I try to edit it to a proper M. WTF newgrounds

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer is said to have problems with some functions on the site. You could try to install a different browser and see if that solves the issues.

In any case, you could pm an art moderator (e.g. TurkeyOnAStick, Ornery or ReNaeNae) and ask them if they could change your rating in the meantime.

BBS Signature
DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 7/31/12 12:00 AM, sadisticirony wrote: By request, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts

@drawfall yeah! I think it just depends on what you like to draw. Some people draw animals tons better than humans, or backgrounds, or architecture etc etc

Oh God, that is fricken' amazing. You're line art is so clean and the coloring is so fluid. What program do you use?

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 04:08 AM Reply

At 7/31/12 02:52 PM, DrawFall wrote:
At 7/31/12 12:00 AM, sadisticirony wrote: By request, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts

Oh God, that is fricken' amazing. You're line art is so clean and the coloring is so fluid. What program do you use?

Hey! I use Paint Tool Sai to color and draw, and photoshop to fake the doujin. Paint tool sai lags less and has a very nice way of blending : )

Art: Zone-tan fanart

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

even if she is not showing much, the first one is the most attractive, nice work

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

HNNNGGG your work makes me cry manly tears of joy.

Goldsickle
Goldsickle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

In deviantART, anything goes if the character (fictional or not, boy or girl) is confirmed to be 18 years and above.

However, if the character is confirmed under 18, then there are a lot of restrictions of how you want to depict the character in your artwork.

deviantART also considers underwear as "nudity".
So if you were to as much as draw a 15 year old girl with her panties flashing, it will be taken down by the moderator for "under age nudity" or "under age erotica".

Also, if a character is under aged, you can't bump up their age, like saying "this character is 18 in the picture".
deviantART requires that the character actually aged in the series they're in.

For example, it's confirmed that Nanoha from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha grows up to be 20+ in the 3rd season.
In Naruto however, the younger characters have only grown up to 15-16 at most.
You can't draw Hinata & Sakura in an erotic situation together and say that "they are 18 during this picture".

However, it's possible to escape moderation if the character you're using is unpopular and doesn't have any readily available official data or wiki to confirm his/her age.
deviantART will only lift a finger if the one reporting provides sufficient information and confirmation.
Not everyone who reports can be bothered enough to Google for such info, unless they report to personally piss you off.

Also, if your original character is under 18 and you don't actually reveal that anywhere, deviantART won't moderate you if the character looks old enough.
Enjoy your loophole~

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 8/1/12 07:37 PM, Goldsickle wrote: In deviantART, anything goes if the character (fictional or not, boy or girl) is confirmed to be 18 years and above.

However, if the character is confirmed under 18, then there are a lot of restrictions of how you want to depict the character in your artwork.

deviantART also considers underwear as "nudity".
So if you were to as much as draw a 15 year old girl with her panties flashing, it will be taken down by the moderator for "under age nudity" or "under age erotica".

Also, if a character is under aged, you can't bump up their age, like saying "this character is 18 in the picture".
deviantART requires that the character actually aged in the series they're in.

For example, it's confirmed that Nanoha from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha grows up to be 20+ in the 3rd season.
In Naruto however, the younger characters have only grown up to 15-16 at most.
You can't draw Hinata & Sakura in an erotic situation together and say that "they are 18 during this picture".

However, it's possible to escape moderation if the character you're using is unpopular and doesn't have any readily available official data or wiki to confirm his/her age.
deviantART will only lift a finger if the one reporting provides sufficient information and confirmation.
Not everyone who reports can be bothered enough to Google for such info, unless they report to personally piss you off.

Also, if your original character is under 18 and you don't actually reveal that anywhere, deviantART won't moderate you if the character looks old enough.
Enjoy your loophole~

This is super helpful, thank you! I agree that DA is very slow to respond, but once they do they tend to mark you and I've seen artists get like half their gallery deleted. They also have these rules about not allowing any display of sex or bodily fluids, which kind of reins in the type of thing I want to draw (underwear as nudity ajkshjgh wow). : D Thanks very much for the detailed response, I'll keep that in mind!

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:04 PM Reply

update-

ramona from Scott Pilgrim vs the World: The Game

Man I checked the rules and faq of newground's art section like a hundred times just in case they have rules on what kind of art you can submit before posting this up lol

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 8/2/12 12:04 PM, sadisticirony wrote: update-

Man I checked the rules and faq of newground's art section like a hundred times just in case they have rules on what kind of art you can submit before posting this up lol

Great work! Ramona Flowers is awesome. Keep it up, you've got a lot of talent.

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

Haha the rules of art on newgrounds are very open in regards to content. Just have a look at TheShadling's gallery and you'll see what I mean ;)

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

at a first glance i thought Ramona was Frida from "El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera"

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

sadisticirony
sadisticirony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 8/2/12 07:45 PM, kakalxlax wrote: at a first glance i thought Ramona was Frida from "El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera"

LMFAO I GOOGLED IT HER HAIR AND GLASSES ARE LIKE ALMOST IDENTICAL

this is the design from Scott Pilgrim the game, though

http://images.wikia.com/scottpilgrim/images/8/87/Ramona-Flow ers.png

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to personal art thread - tiny bit nsfw Aug. 5th, 2012 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 8/2/12 12:04 PM, sadisticirony wrote: update-

I Really dig your style though im not a big fan of hentai you've got an awesome style down packed. i'll slowly but surely find my own style(i guess my shits pretty mediocre). i really like how you do the hair on your characters.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature