New Topic Respond to this Topic
nyancat23
nyancat23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

Only rules is that it can be only from 2000 to present. Mine was brink although it was a obvious Team fortress 2 copy

Ecke
Ecke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Diablo 3.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.
/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

Fallout New Vegas. I cannot put into words how bad this game is. Obsidian is a horrible developer.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 11:08 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Mass Effect 3 shat all over my favorite series

Yeah, I sort of hate the whole series after it. I have no desire to go back to any of them now.

nyancat23
nyancat23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 11:00 PM, Shade wrote:

. Obsidian is a horrible developer.

But are you excited for the south park game?

nyancat23
nyancat23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 7/28/12 11:12 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 7/28/12 11:08 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Mass Effect 3 shat all over my favorite series
Yeah, I sort of hate the whole series after it. I have no desire to go back to any of them now.

But the series is probably over or maybe it will go the way gears or war did

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:27 PM Reply

Dragon Age 2. After playing Origins, I was really looking forward to what Bioware had to deliver. After playing the demo, I kind of expected to not be as great as Origins, but I thought it would be a pretty good game.

Boy was I wrong. It's not that its a bad game, it was just...decent. At least I got Mass Effect 2 out of it for free though.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
nyancat23
nyancat23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:29 PM Reply

You cant really be dissapointed at a company but right now at EA for recently saying steam sales hurt people and how they spy on us with origin :3

Epiderminus
Epiderminus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:47 PM Reply

Doom 3...atmosphere is awesome but the rest was below expectations, and the expansion was just adding to the dissatisfaction with the game as a whole.

"The essence of every world, every spell, and every thought is power. Nothing else matters, because nothing else exists."

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 28th, 2012 @ 11:53 PM Reply

Skyrim. Oblivion was awesome and Fallout 3 is one of my most favorite games of all time. Skyrim just felt... meh. You could say I set my expectations too high, but I was mega-hyped for Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 7/28/12 11:20 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: I know I am. Obsidian's one of my favorite devs, I dunno what Shade has against them.

They didn't even put effort into New Vegas, most of the map was empty. Sure there were a few pockets of humanity like Legion, NCR and Khan camps. But for the most part it was just sand. And even some of the terrain was missing. I have encountered places where there are holes in the rock that are clearly not meant to be there. Honestly it just felt like a DLC for Fallout 3 that cost as much as a regular game.

At 7/28/12 11:18 PM, nyancat23 wrote:
At 7/28/12 11:00 PM, Shade wrote:
. Obsidian is a horrible developer.

But are you excited for the south park game?

No. South Park wend downhill a few years back and has ruined how I look at the show. I also wouldn't pay more than ten dollars for that game. Honestly it looks like a downloadable XBLA/PSN store release that's being put on a disc and being released for 60 dollars.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

Dead Space.
That game is nothing but jump scares and lazy writing.

Zero0Armada
Zero0Armada
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Why... :( just why

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 01:00 AM Reply

At 7/28/12 11:27 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Dragon Age 2. After playing Origins, I was really looking forward to what Bioware had to deliver. After playing the demo, I kind of expected to not be as great as Origins, but I thought it would be a pretty good game.

Boy was I wrong. It's not that its a bad game, it was just...decent. At least I got Mass Effect 2 out of it for free though.

Actually, I just finished talking with my buddy and I will change my answer. I'd like to say...Fable 2.

I didn't give into the hype back when Fable 1 was first released because I wasn't interested in it at all and I had Halo 2. It was suppose to be "The Morrowind Killer" and boy that didn't work out to well. Peter Molyneux pretty much hyped up that game to the point where it sounded like it would be revolutionary for the rpg genre.

2 years after the release date, I decided to try it out and I honestly enjoyed it. I could see why many people found it disappointing (guild mates didn't compete with you, couldn't grow your own trees or build your own home, etc) because they gave into the hype. It was a pretty good rpg experience, though you were pretty op.

After completing the game, I saw the Fable 2 trailer. It peaked my interest and I kept track of the game. PM said that he learned from his mistakes regarding the hype train of Fable 1, developers wanted to make it the best role playing game on the 360, more open world (huge fan of those mind you), co-op, a canine companion, weapon variety and much more! Being an idiot, I pre-ordered the limited edition because I enjoyed Fable 1.

Then it came out. The visuals were nice, the atmosphere had a sense of charm to it, and your dog companion was pretty cool at times. Fable 2 just...sucked. It was too easy (the BIGGEST flaw), button mashy, magic was op, melee was useless, co-op was annoying, buggy as hell (couldn't even complete the main quest), quests were boring, jobs were useless, weapon variety was a joke, long load times, laughable story, linearity, UI sucked, and so much more. There were just so many broken promises. After buying the castle and marrying a prostitute, I murdered everyone and gave up on it. Gave that copy to my hall mate and never looked back.

Oh and from what I've heard, Fable 3 is suppose to be even worse. They replaced the fucking pause menu with something called "The Sanctuary." What a bonehead move!

Other games that I should mention would include Far Cry 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Metroid Other M, Homefront, Dead Island, the already mentioned Dragon Age 2, Rage, and possibly Skyrim. I say possibly because I have the pc version so mods can fix the many flaws it has and I have clocked in 80 hours only with the vanilla version.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
JonnyScatman
JonnyScatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 01:17 AM Reply

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt because I thought it'd be like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with Banjo-Kazooie adventure gameplay. But damn, it was just BAD, even if it didn't bear Banjo-Kazooie's name.

The controls on the cars are terrible, the physics are shoddy in which any polygon having an arc larger than zero degrees flips your vehicle, the worlds are empty with enemies that don't even hurt you (even if you manage to die Kazooie will slap you back to life right on the spot), the challenges are childishly designed and range from extremely easy to frustratingly difficult with very few in the middle-man, and it is a bore to play. Heck, I couldn't even read the text in the game since its font was so small. I know there was a patch, but that came out MONTHS after I was done with the game.

Rare was dead before, now it has fully decomposed and turned to dry grass.

"Scatman" refers to the use vocal improvisation and nonsense syllables in jazz and hip-hop music made famous by people like Ella Fitzgerald and John Paul Larkin.

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 03:03 AM Reply

All elder scrolls games,Saints Row the Third, and Dark Void

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
slipknotfan33
slipknotfan33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM Reply

Bioshock 2

KEWLBOY 2012

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 04:31 AM Reply

Saints Row: The Third. Was extremely hyped up for it when it was announced in March last year, and everything about it looked amazing. The pre-order bonus sort of annoyed me since they included it in the E3 demo before they said you had to pre-order to get it, but I thought that I was so excited for the game that I would pre-order it.

When it arrived in November I had fun with it, but the customisation didn't live up to my expectations. It was better than Saints Row 2 in terms of graphics and a few other features but half of the missions were the first missions of activities, the story was boring, the endings were dull and I haven't touched it since January (yet I still played Saints Row 2 right up until The Third came out). Now theres all this clothing/vehicle/weapon DLC coming out, yet there was a video leaked before the game came out featuring all of the DLC. Thats just THQ being greedy, taking a leaf out of Capcom's book.

So thats why I'm not getting Saints Row 4. I'm sure GTA V won't disappoint.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 05:10 AM Reply

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Bioshock 2.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 06:10 AM Reply

Mass Effect 3, Saints Row 3, Dead Island.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 07:52 AM Reply

Deus Ex:HR
Brink
The most disappointing games I have.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

hybrid heaven

BBS Signature
nyancat23
nyancat23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 7/29/12 01:17 AM, JonnyScatman wrote: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

Yup same with me. At first I enjoyed it because I forgot to play the old games but when I played the older games I felt dissapointed at it

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:19 PM Reply

2008 Prince of Persia.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:40 PM Reply

Mass effect 3 don't see anything in the default endings thats worth upholding it's "artistic integrity" as Bioware claims, it's just stupid. If this is the last in the franchise thats a smart move because they'll have a hell of a time explaining how shepard survived even though he clearly died. Talk about goin out on a whimper.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Probably Halo 2. Now I'm not saying it was a bad game. I was a huge fan of Halo: Combat Evolved when it came out and my expectations for the sequel were sky high. But, Halo 2 just didn't deliver for me like the original did.

idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Bioshock. They hyped it up as a spiritual successor to the System Shock games, but it had none of the horror or gameplay complexity of those games. Good story and atmosphere nonetheless, but those elements didn't carry the game for me.

Modern Warfare 2. CoD4 had a brilliant single player campaign, but MW2 went full-on Michael Bay. Absolute shit.

Splinter Cell: Conviction. I'm one of those people who doesn't hate Double Agent. Did it live up to Chaos Theory? Of course not. But I don't think Double Agent was the game that shat all over the series. I think Conviction was. Incredibly dumbed down and you can hardly call it a stealth game, since the point is cover shooting dudebros, not sneaking (and to add insult to injury, the game often helpfully does the aiming and shooting part for you).

Burnout Paradise. Burnout 3 and Revenge were incredibly fun, but a lot of what made the series great was lost during the switch to open world gameplay. Just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

Dragon Age 2 and Dead Island. I found the fun in them and managed to enjoy myself, but damn, they could have been so much better.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Saints Row 3
Drawn to life 2
Dead Rising
Fallout: New Vegas
Skyrim

The hype for these games only made them more disappointing.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to What is your most disapointing game Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I'm struggling to give you an answer. I generally research games before buying them unless I see them in a store or something selling really cheap and they take my fancy.

I was a little disappointed by Dead Rising I guess, although that shouldn't have come as a surprise because I'm not a massive Capcom fan. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was a total let down although that was one of those games I saw selling cheap and took a chance.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature