Be a Supporter!

Lip, cheek chewing??

  • 2,061 Views
  • 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:45:07 Reply

It's been bad since I was a little kid. But today while not paying attention I went way overboard and now even my jugular vein is in pain. Well, can't even close my mouth and I'm drooling like a senile patient lol.

What shall I do, o great Newgrounds of the Internets? Apply hydrogen peroxide liberally? Use an ice pick? Just rub sandpaper on 'em back and forth with the intensity of a thousand suns?

Entirely caused by chewing, obviously.

Lip, cheek chewing??


be my fan... because.

Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:47:33 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:45 AM, IloveNantes wrote: What shall I do

Just stop biting into your own fucking skin. Chew on a towel if you need to chew on something.


BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:49:41 Reply

Stop chewing them. Use Carmex. Don't lick them unless you want it to hurt worse.

IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:51:01 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:47 AM, Razz wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:45 AM, IloveNantes wrote: What shall I do
Just stop biting into your own fucking skin. Chew on a towel if you need to chew on something.

Tried. A couple years ago, I had a somewhat botched crown implant on a tooth and it misaligned my jaws so much that it was impossible to chew skin. After awhile, the jaws became aligned again and just like that the habit kicked in again. I've actually been doing this maybe ten years. Also have another habit that seem to coexist, where I tap my leg subconsciously.

honestly I'm a bit curious to see the replies on this topic.


be my fan... because.

IloveNantes
IloveNantes
  • Member since: May. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:52:27 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:49 AM, Yert wrote: Stop chewing them. Use Carmex. Don't lick them unless you want it to hurt worse.

Sounds like an idea. Anxiety coping is obnoxious.


be my fan... because.

Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:55:30 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:52 AM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:49 AM, Yert wrote: Stop chewing them. Use Carmex. Don't lick them unless you want it to hurt worse.
Sounds like an idea. Anxiety coping is obnoxious.

Start chewing on other things then, or on your nails or something. Anything but your lips that's disgusting bro

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 03:58:45 Reply

Your jugular vein runs vertically through your throat/neck. Not your mouth.

Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:03:31 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:51 AM, IloveNantes wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:47 AM, Razz wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:45 AM, IloveNantes wrote: What shall I do
Just stop biting into your own fucking skin. Chew on a towel if you need to chew on something.
Tried. A couple years ago

Sounds like you have a mental problem. Try using this when you're not talking or sucking dick.


BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:05:36 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:03 AM, Razz wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:51 AM, IloveNantes wrote: Tried. A couple years ago
Sounds like you have a mental problem.

Fixation on chewing something is not a mental problem

Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:07:32 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:05 AM, Yert wrote:
At 7/28/12 04:03 AM, Razz wrote:
At 7/28/12 03:51 AM, IloveNantes wrote: Tried. A couple years ago
Sounds like you have a mental problem.
Fixation on chewing something is not a mental problem

To a point where it's causing injury is a problem within the mind; and what does mental mean? You can pull that stick out of your ass now.


BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:14:15 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:07 AM, Razz wrote: To a point where it's causing injury is a problem within the mind;

Really now? What's this totally legitimate mental problem known as?

and what does mental mean?

Do you really think I don't know what mental means bro

You can pull that stick out of your ass now.

there are so few sticks up my ass it's not even funny

why are you being so unusually aggressive today razz you're usually quite calm

Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:19:05 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:14 AM, Yert wrote:
At 7/28/12 04:07 AM, Razz wrote: To a point where it's causing injury is a problem within the mind;
Really now? What's this totally legitimate mental problem known as?

I see. You're mistaking my statement, I did not say it was a mental disease nor a mental disorder. As she stated it was a habit that was locked by doing it over a very extended period of time it was my response to say that it was a mental problem. Meaning that I understand she can't just break it, being that it's something deep within her mind. Just a cause of habit.

A mental problem. A problem within the mind. Often how people fix these habits is to tell themselves certain things when they realize that they are doing their habit, or some other mental solution. A mental solution to a mental problem.

Notice how nowhere in this I said the words "illness" nor "disorder?" Because she isn't insane. And I never implied that she was insane. Those mouth guards will stop her from biting her lip in the meantime.

why are you being so unusually aggressive today razz you're usually quite calm

Probably just the combination of some anxiety after signing up for the marine corps, and the fact that I seriously despise all of you. Especially the newest mods. And most of all, the new chat mods. The admins have made sure to select only the most obnoxious fucks as chat mods.


BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:23:25 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:19 AM, Razz wrote: I see. You're mistaking my statement, I did not say it was a mental disease nor a mental disorder. As she stated it was a habit that was locked by doing it over a very extended period of time it was my response to say that it was a mental problem. Meaning that I understand she can't just break it, being that it's something deep within her mind. Just a cause of habit.

Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you were implying that oral fixation was a medically recognized mental disorder or something.

Especially the newest mods. And most of all, the new chat mods. The admins have made sure to select only the most obnoxious fucks as chat mods.

yea this place fucking sucks now

misterwondafull
misterwondafull
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:27:41 Reply

If only you were a guy. I like guys with cute cheeks like that.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:33:57 Reply

I did that as a kid and still do once in a while. Usually when I'm nervous and not paying attention. But rarely ever now. Except for in my sleep sometimes, ESPECIALLY if I have a bad dream. make an effort to stop evertime you catch yourself doing it.

At 7/28/12 03:58 AM, DickBuns wrote: Your jugular vein runs vertically through your throat/neck. Not your mouth.

Reminds me of that scene in Girl, Interrupted where Jolie's character holds the pen up to her neck and says "I'll jab this in my aorta!"


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 04:46:46 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:28 AM, Natick wrote:
At 7/28/12 04:19 AM, Razz wrote:
At 7/28/12 04:14 AM, Yert wrote: why are you being so unusually aggressive today razz you're usually quite calm
Probably just the combination of some anxiety after signing up for the marine corps, and the fact that I seriously despise all of you. Especially the newest mods. And most of all, the new chat mods. The admins have made sure to select only the most obnoxious fucks as chat mods.
You're free to go anytime. Not like you make this place much better either.

That's where you are wrong. Some time around 2007 or so, when NG started going downhill I made a personal request to a couple moderators. After seeing images of several users who had been banned for several years, I had asked for the same. Imagine it like cryogenic freezing, I could have been banned in 2007 and unthawed in 2014. Around that time there were still some of the users I wish stuck around until today.

Over time I began to realize that many users were leaving because they had gained a personal life. Having a child, getting married, going to college, getting a job, busy with friends, many different reasons. So I sent an email to Tom's personal email address which I hadn't seen since around late 2005. I didn't expect a response because I figured that he would be using a new service. This old email was attached to the NG mainframe which supports the FTP server, it was part of the original system before I even signed up. That's why there are still some "old" pages that haven't been removed. As Tom said himself in another post, he doesn't have access to them any more.

After sending the email I was surprised to get a response almost instantly. Usually when you receive an email it shows some preview text as towards what is inside the email. But this one didn't have any, I figured it was an empty email. I've sent several. But when I opened this email I was surprised to find that the email was actually filled with text that was following down the page, forcing my window to scroll down. Thinking it was a virus, I tried closing the browser. Next thing I notice a hand extended out of my monitor and pulled me in.

That was the first time I had actually met Tom. You see, the Tom you know now is not the original Tom Fulp. There's a reason he hardly posts any more. You see, there's a reason hardly any good user posts any more. They were all taken into the NG mainframe. Tom has been in there for several years now trying to fend off the shitposting but lately the shitposting has been winning. After finding this out I asked him what I could possibly do?

And that's why I'm here, to bitch and moan about shitposters. Because I'm the hero Newgrounds deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll shitpost me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not your hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.


BBS Signature
PuRpLe-KusH
PuRpLe-KusH
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 05:29:15 Reply

I use to do that a lot out of habit, the other day I was chewing gum and accidentally bit the crap out of my cheek. I suggest putting a ice cube in your mouth for a while to make it numb


BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 05:35:00 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:46 AM, Razz wrote: And that's why I'm here, to bitch and moan about shitposters. Because I'm the hero Newgrounds deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll shitpost me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not your hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

That was a truly great story!


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 06:39:01 Reply

At 7/28/12 04:46 AM, Razz wrote: And that's why I'm here, to bitch and moan about shitposters. Because I'm the hero Newgrounds deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll shitpost me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not your hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You had me shed a little tear there.


It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 06:44:11 Reply

I do it sometimes but not very hard.

novabees
novabees
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 08:40:48 Reply

My friend told me that she dabs a little bit of Vaseline(don't know if it's correctly spelled) on her lips each night before bed.
She has a habit of biting too but the softest lips in the world haha


I also do a variety of metal, etc.

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 13:20:04 Reply

At 7/28/12 08:40 AM, novabees wrote: My friend told me that she dabs a little bit of Vaseline(don't know if it's correctly spelled) on her lips each night before bed.

This seems to be a common solution. My girlfriend used to do this when she had the same issue.

Cold sores are much more easily transferred through open wounds in the mouth. From the pic you've posted, it doesn't look like you've completely broken the skin, but it's certainly something to be cautious about. Not sure if you've ever experienced a cold sore, but they can be painful.

On that note, be sure to brush your teeth everyday to prevent any other nasty infections, but from the looks of your teeth, you seem to be doing a fine job there. Keep it up.


BBS Signature
SpartanBunny
SpartanBunny
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 13:45:57 Reply

i bite my lips too but they're really soft and they never get fucked up like that

you need to work on that

SpartanBunny
SpartanBunny
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 14:06:03 Reply

At 7/28/12 02:05 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Gargle and swish around salt water. I shit you not, this will speed up the healing of any mouth cuts/sores. I do this when I get canker sores.

this is true, when my bb busted my lip open w/ her phone i swished that shit and it helped

Steff
Steff
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 14:13:15 Reply

Don't really know what do to stop it myself. Been doing for quite some time, but it doesn't really bother me.
I sometimes like to overdo it and cause bleeding, somehow relaxing and fun.


BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 15:03:37 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:45 AM, IloveNantes wrote: It's been bad since I was a little kid.

Me too. I can't stop. I thought I was the only one...

brb untying noose.


Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Lip, cheek chewing?? 2012-07-28 15:10:13 Reply

At 7/28/12 03:45 AM, IloveNantes wrote: It's been bad since I was a little kid. But today while not paying attention I went way overboard and now even my jugular vein is in pain. Well, can't even close my mouth and I'm drooling like a senile patient lol.

I can't stop laughing.