New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

Hey guys, I've been messing about here and there trying to come up with an art album art cover. So I came to the art forum, cause you guys might have fun with this one.

Basically I'd like you guys to try to enhance this image I made below with awesome effects, retrace, vectors, etc.....

or draw your own similar green hair girl/huge headphones combo.

Bonus points for style.

Anything is okay, really, as long as you feel it can be used in a edm music cover.

You can listen to my tracks to get a feel for how it should look if you like. (Latest Track).

So in short, I think it's a fun project than anyone can take on. If I use your art, of course I'll credit the heck out of you for it, and needless to say, would be very happy with anything you guys have to show!

P.S. you're super awesome if you like my music and draw something as well.

Artists get in here! draw greengirl

[Hatred Intensifies]

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

I LOVE UR MUSIKS!!11
Hope u liek!

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 10:40 PM, Kashi wrote: I LOVE UR MUSIKS!!11
Hope u liek!

Lol Kashi, you win.

f r i c k e n a w e s o m e

PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

Hope u liek!

first time i literally starting laughing out loud.

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Word you also asked for vectors or something like that.

Tried to follow your original more.

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM Reply

Hope u liek!

Trolololo.

I admit it's funny and a good delivery. Nice green traces you added btw. Doubt I'll use it. Who knows, though. Dat derail attempt.

At 7/27/12 10:47 PM, DrawFall wrote:

Wow, both images are pretty stunning for a quick draw. Even though you probably didn't spend too much time on it, it really outweighs my ms paint drawing by far.

In short, I really really like it. Both are good, and so far you all have real "great" sense of humor -_-;

Technically speaking, the "unoriginal anime girl" is beastly. Really something I'd like to see more of, with some originality included, perhaps? lol.

The vector is great too, it's got some aspects I like about it more than the first, but I can say that vice versa as well. A green hair, green skinned girl? Now that's just insane. I guess vectors are a natural style enhancer.

thanks for contributing though, every bit helps this thread become awesomer :D and i'd like to see it grow

*Some important info about the mini-collab for the lurkers/posters not mentioned in original post*
(yes that means you reading this)

The general plan for the thread is to use all of the drawings I get from everyone, add effects, maybe stack filters, etc. etc. And use my basic knowledge of visual production programs, and put some names/song titles on it.

he theme is still an edm album cover. To try and make it as simple as possible, I want artsy stuff to make my mediocre music to look and seem MROE AWRESUM. The reason? no idea

Last + probably most important note:

In short, I'll try to use everyone's contribution in one way or another. Just to make it clear that I won't be picking just ONE of these drawings and forgetting about the rest, which is a really messed up thing to do in my opinion, considering the compensation. Which is why I've left a lot of leniency towards the artists.

IF you think you've reached tl;dr heaven, and all of my information is completely irrelevant/worthless/ambiguous then, well. think again. Then think some more. Then draw me something. Or something.

[Hatred Intensifies]

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 07:08 AM Reply

YOU KNOE I'M VERY TALENTED!!!!! DIS EES MY CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR THREAD! I KnOw DaT MY DRAWing will GET PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 7/29/12 07:08 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: YOU KNOE I'M VERY TALENTED!!!!! DIS EES MY CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR THREAD! I KnOw DaT MY DRAWing will GET PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

this is priceless, ill give you 5 korean dong for it!

MrFap
MrFap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 09:56 PM, Cabbster wrote: Hey guys, I've been messing about here and there trying to come up with an art album art cover. So I came to the art forum, cause you guys might have fun with this one.

You're right. I did have fun. A little.

CankerousKitty
CankerousKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 12:02 PM Reply

God bless DrawFall and Mr Fap.

Also I see you have a penisland.net link in your sig, Mr Fap.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 29th, 2012 @ 10:51 PM Reply

ALLAHU AKBAR *ring ring* *booooom*

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

MurphysFlaw
MurphysFlaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:48 AM Reply

Really like the tune! I listened to your song on repeat while I drew this lol.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:38 PM Reply

the lack of technological cybernetic augments in this thread is disturbing, I should fix this.

PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:25 PM Reply

unf

BBS Signature
theamazingfofanny
theamazingfofanny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Movie Buff
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:33 PM Reply

Eh, I need a new program other than MS Paint, but I whipped this up in like 10.

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:25 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote: unf

nice, very very nice, but whats wrong with the headset? she's wearing it weird.

Just wondering, how long did this take you?

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:48 AM, MurphysFlaw wrote: Really like the tune! I listened to your song on repeat while I drew this lol.

Murphy this is stellar xDD I think i need to try my hand at this forum!

MurphysFlaw
MurphysFlaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 7/30/12 06:12 PM, Ahkihoun wrote:
At 7/30/12 05:48 AM, MurphysFlaw wrote: Really like the tune! I listened to your song on repeat while I drew this lol.
Murphy this is stellar xDD I think i need to try my hand at this forum!

Awh, thanks friend! You should totally draw something! I wanna see your spin on things:3

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 03:22 PM Reply

Lol. I love you guys. Let's breakdown what just happened in here

At 7/29/12 07:08 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: YOU KNOE I'M VERY TALENTED!!!!! DIS EES MY CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR THREAD! I KnOw DaT MY DRAWing will GET PICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Too bad, you're normally a good artist. Oh well, it's nothing that a filter can't solve!

At 7/29/12 11:46 AM, MrFap wrote:
You're right. I did have fun. A little.

Awesome line art MrFap. That totally looks like a man, though. Probably because of the hairline. Who knows, I'll
Probably have to simplify it a bit.

At 7/29/12 10:51 PM, kakalxlax wrote: ALLAHU AKBAR *ring ring* *booooom*

Oh no, teh furries have come to terrorize us with yiff!

I love the simplicity of it. Looks like a pokemon. Could possibly be a broccoli sculpture as well(if it was irl). NIce!

This whole thing you did is soooo great because it's SO relevant to what I was talking about, and then some. Looks like a seriously legitimate album cover. I also love the fact that you perfectly utilized a lot of the original elements of the song itself and incorporated it into your own style. It's definitely something I've never seen before! I totally want to use this!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuff like this totally makes it worth sifting through troll attempts.

At 7/30/12 03:38 PM, M-Maher wrote: the lack of technological cybernetic augments in this thread is disturbing, I should fix this.

Ahhhaaa! That's really really awesome!!! She's totally digital. And that's totally a power level scanner. The whole drawing I super clean. The plainness is awesome(makes me wonder how it'd be without shading), and the green eyebrows are a frikkin great touch. Nice drawing!

At 7/30/12 05:25 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote: unf

An atrociously good drawing. I'm questioning your motives/inspiration on this one. In a technical way, it's very well done, the hairs on the head, wrinkles, moles, etc are all great. I love the cut on the headphones. But a granny? I'm not sure why you chose to do that instead of a regular(nay, hot) girl, but I respect your decision nonetheless lol.

At 7/30/12 05:33 PM, theamazingfofanny wrote: Eh, I need a new program other than MS Paint, but I whipped this up in like 10.

Not bad! It's pretty cool in it's own way

On another note, I'll continue updating this thread with responses, and I'll also update it with progress on general idea of what I'll be doing with all of these. You can still post your contributions btw!

[Hatred Intensifies]

BBS Signature
MurphysFlaw
MurphysFlaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

This whole thing you did is soooo great because it's SO relevant to what I was talking about, and then some. Looks like a seriously legitimate album cover. I also love the fact that you perfectly utilized a lot of the original elements of the song itself and incorporated it into your own style. It's definitely something I've never seen before! I totally want to use this!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuff like this totally makes it worth sifting through troll attempts.

I'm glad you like it! I just realized I forgot to link to the big version in my last post.

Big pic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/d83f85ba63dfd8b9394cec18 befa96a2

Line work (incase you want to change colors or somethin'):
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/77313fc8f47e5e2c1f01642a 7656e645

And I got bored and photoshopped it onto a cd case for ya.... haha.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Jul. 31st, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 7/31/12 09:32 PM, MurphysFlaw wrote: And I got bored and photoshopped it onto a cd case for ya.... haha.

That looks like damn fine on a CD case.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 12:24 AM Reply

This took me longer than it should have. And granted its a bit wrong anatomically, but hey. I think I've drawn like four people in my entire life xDD my illustration usually shows dragons. But this was indeed very fun to draw. I'm sad that it wasnt as cybernetic as I originally planned, but while listening to the song on a loop, this is what came out. So I didnt wanna force anything artificial.

Introducing Octo-bitch. 8 hours.

DrawFall
DrawFall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 01:11 AM Reply

Hmm...

I personally think Cabbster should just ditch his original idea of using all the artwork in the album art, and instead just use the fricken' amazing one MurphysFlaw did. Most of the others are trolls anyways :P

Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 1st, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 8/1/12 01:11 AM, DrawFall wrote: Hmm...

I personally think Cabbster should just ditch his original idea of using all the artwork in the album art, and instead just use the fricken' amazing one MurphysFlaw did. Most of the others are trolls anyways :P

Yes I agree, Murphy's design is much more in tune with the style of the song. Not to mention that it DOES look sexy as hell on that cd case.

razem
razem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:49 AM Reply

I love looking at all this art, to bad I suck at drawing.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:02 AM Reply

At 8/3/12 02:49 AM, razem wrote: I love looking at all this art, to bad I suck at drawing.

You could change that you know.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:59 AM Reply

At 8/3/12 02:49 AM, razem wrote: I love looking at all this art, to bad I suck at drawing.

Yeah man its kinda just in the eyes of the beholder and all that shit. There's plenty of artists on here that suck...but that doesnt stop em. I bet if you made it a habit of drawing ONE thing a day, you'd get better.

razem
razem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 8/3/12 03:59 AM, Ahkihoun wrote:
Yeah man its kinda just in the eyes of the beholder and all that shit. There's plenty of artists on here that suck...but that doesnt stop em. I bet if you made it a habit of drawing ONE thing a day, you'd get better.

Ok, I took you're advice; and am now gonna draw one thing a day. Hopefully I can make something out of it.

Ahkihoun
Ahkihoun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:12 PM Reply

Well good for you friend. I wish you luck!

Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Artists get in here! draw greengirl Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 7/31/12 09:32 PM, MurphysFlaw wrote:
Big pic:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/d83f85ba63dfd8b9394cec18 befa96a2

Line work (incase you want to change colors or somethin'):
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/77313fc8f47e5e2c1f01642a 7656e645

And I got bored and photoshopped it onto a cd case for ya.... haha

Daammnnn that's awesome. Definitely something that just blew me away

At 7/31/12 10:07 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 7/31/12 09:32 PM, MurphysFlaw wrote: And I got bored and photoshopped it onto a cd case for ya.... haha.
That looks like damn fine on a CD case.

Fookin agreed.

At 8/1/12 12:24 AM, Ahkihoun wrote: This took me longer than it should have. And granted its a bit wrong anatomically, but hey. I think I've drawn like four people in my entire life xDD my illustration usually shows dragons. But this was indeed very fun to draw. I'm sad that it wasnt as cybernetic as I originally planned, but while listening to the song on a loop, this is what came out. So I didnt wanna force anything artificial.

Introducing Octo-bitch. 8 hours.

Woooow. This has a lot going on in it. fking thanks for the dedication! One thing, not sure if i-pods work under-water. Also not sure if I should be questioning the reality of the situation, considering it's a hybrid of an octopus - and - girl. My favorite aspect is how she's holding her tentacle. Gives it some sense indication of touch if you know what I mean. Definitely something with some huge potential. Great bubbles, reminds me of my squiggle layers. If it looked a bit cleaner(simpler, like the hair, boobs, etc), I can just imagine the title(above the picture, saying cut) sliding by and the girl sliding in the opposite direction. Kinda like some anime intro. Sick. to say the least, man. Siiiiiick!

Sounds like a cold thing to do, but for the specific track, I'm DEFINITELY down for this idea

At 8/1/12 05:51 PM, Ahkihoun wrote:

Yes I agree, Murphy's design is much more in tune with the style of the song. Not to mention that it DOES look sexy as hell on that cd case.

Nice to know you're not the only one to think it's a good idea :D It looks simply professional, stylish, and just brutal in every way, I couldn't ask for a better concept.

Inspiration is the first step, young brodawan (bastardization of the word padawan and bro)

At 8/3/12 03:02 AM, sweet21 wrote:
You could change that you know.

This guy, and his deus ex avatar, I like him a lot already

Razem, feel free to give a shot at this thread, it wouldn't hurt!

[Hatred Intensifies]

BBS Signature