New Topic Respond to this Topic
streetbackguy
streetbackguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

So yeah, this is actually a serious thread this time so hush you trolls.

I have been getting a shit-ton of suicidal thoughts lately, and mostly because I think I'm not going anywhere in life. I'm 18 and have only ever had two relationships, both long distance with girls from America while I'm in Britain, I've never had a job and the only one I was able to get was a voluntary unpaid job, I hate myself as in looks, abilities, weight and so forth, etc.

Can I ask if any of you members have, how have you dealt with these thoughts of suicide in the past? I don't want to carry on feeling like this...

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

There are people dying

streetbackguy
streetbackguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:23 PM, saqwert wrote: There are people dying

Obviously, noone lives forever.

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:25 PM, streetbackguy wrote:

Soon though. Michio Kaku says the technology to do so will be discovered within the next 100 years and some other futurist predicted within 25.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:34 PM Reply

erryday

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:36 PM Reply

take some pills
slit my throat
go to the store rob the bank so the cop don't kill me

don't be a narutard

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:36 PM, tsukikomi wrote: go to the store rob the bank so the cop don't kill me

drop the word "don't" and you have a classic way of suicide by police
which would be cool as fuck

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

Overdose on Tylenol like that chick from Girl, Interrupted, that's my advice, take it or leave it.

"No" and "One" are two separate words by the way.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Meh. I don't wanna get deep on the internet, but I can relate.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Cool-Points
Cool-Points
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:14 PM, streetbackguy wrote:
Can I ask if any of you members have, how have you dealt with these thoughts of suicide in the past? I don't want to carry on feeling like this...

god damn, at least give yourself the chance to LIVE before you decide you don't like life. you're only 18, you're still just a kid.
there are ways out of feeling that way that don't have to involve killing yourself. we all have problems so don't feel so singled out; i was just talking to a buddy of mine, gonzo, who's also 18 and he was telling me how depressed he is lately about not being able to find a job and that he has no luck with women. also, i'd say 'thoughts' are completely normal for everyone. it's the 'tendencies' and when you start actually following through that will get your friends calling the suicide hotline.
how would i deal with it you ask? live. if i've learned anything it's that time heals most wounds. find a hobby, just do what you can to move forward. I found Tricking, and many times that has been my reason for not getting depressed enough to consider thoughts and tendencies.

streetbackguy
streetbackguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

Seeing as there were only 2 or 3 serious replies to this thread, I want to say thank you to those members.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:11 PM, streetbackguy wrote: Seeing as there were only 2 or 3 serious replies to this thread, I want to say thank you to those members.

Your welcome.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
DevinArcane
DevinArcane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:25 PM, streetbackguy wrote:

No one ever really dies.

My power is the only power.

Seasons
Seasons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:14 PM, streetbackguy wrote: So yeah, this is actually a serious thread this time so hush you trolls.

If you have been feeling seriously depressed, then you should get professional help; coming to the internet for advice, let alone the NG's BBS, is not recommended.

Having said that, I think I can help you. Feel free to PM me if you want more personalized advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have been getting a shit-ton of suicidal thoughts lately, and mostly because I think I'm not going anywhere in life. I'm 18 and have only ever had two relationships, both long distance with girls from America while I'm in Britain, I've never had a job and the only one I was able to get was a voluntary unpaid job, I hate myself as in looks, abilities, weight and so forth, etc.

Let's address one thing at a time. You don't think you're going anywhere in life? Why? Judging by your profile here on NG's, you seem rather intelligent and motivated - these two qualities alone are enough to take you somewhere in life. You mentioned you're eighteen years old; do you have plans for college? Whether or not you plan to continue your education after high school will greatly impact the rest of your life. That's not to say that you need to go to college, though; what matters is that you have a career goal, and a plan on how you're going to achieve it.

You're eighteen and have only had two relationships? OH MY GOD!?!?

Who cares? Keep on truckin', dude... eventually, you'll find someone perfect, and when you do, you'll enjoy it even more. If you have a problem with your looks then do something about it. If you're fat, then start eating healthy and working out. If you have bad acne, get some expensive face wash and take care of that shit. If you're unhappy with something, you need to do something about it; otherwise, things will never change.

The job thing ties back into what I said about having a goal as well as a plan. If you want any more advice on this, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

When I was your age, I got depressed a lot. The worst part was I didn't even have a reason to be depressed; I loved my life and knew it was just going to keep getting better, so there was no reason for me to feel as shitty as I did. Eventually, I went to the doctor and got prescribed anti-depressants. I stayed on them for a couple years; they helped me wake up in the morning and go on with my day, but they were far from being the long term remedy I hoped they would be.

Now a days, I'm completely off anti depressants and I feel great. I don't view the time I spent taking them as wasteful, but they weren't entirely necessary - I was merely sifting through the duds.

So how did I climb out of my depression, you ask?

A combination of meditation, patience, and "faking it." Ignore your depression, and pretend that you are happy. Go out with friends more often. Don't sit around all day. Change up your routine to involve more activities and social interactions. This shit works, trust me.

I was trying to find the essay I wrote when I was a freshman in college on how I beat my teenage depression with the use of meditation. If I locate it, I will let you know; I think it can be of help.

Regardless, send me a PM if you want to talk about anything.

Hope you feel better.

Creative Writing.
Amateur Voice Acting.
Let's be friends. Send me a PM.

BBS Signature
morcov
morcov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist

get a hobby

everyone has suicidal thoughts... how bad are yours? can you further explain?
zmatt007
zmatt007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

Really.....your worried about a few feelings that you hate yourself while millions of other people have already done the deed ;p either you join them and die a coward or man up and actually do something instead of feeling sorry for yourself.

cheese654
cheese654
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile

So this is why you listen to Black Veil Brides?

BBS Signature
streetbackguy
streetbackguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:16 PM, cheese654 wrote: So this is why you listen to Black Veil Brides?

No, i simply listen to them because I like their lyrics and the sound of their music.

BBS Signature
Gramiscus
Gramiscus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

Sounds like your best bet is to exercise. Will release endorphines, make you feel better, help you with your weight, and up your testosterone so that girls like you regardless of what you look like.

Just exercise. Weight lift and bike ride or something.

I go to school to study how high frequency sound waves can heal, ...or KILL.

Cool-Points
Cool-Points
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:24 PM, Gramiscus wrote: Sounds like your best bet is to exercise. Will release endorphines, make you feel better, help you with your weight, and up your testosterone so that girls like you regardless of what you look like.

Just exercise. Weight lift and bike ride or something.

what this guy said. better answer than mine. i was going to say something similar, but i always go straight to exercise as the solution and i didn't want to hear myself be a meathead again. running is awesome. endorphines are the natural way to get high

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:41 PM Reply

I'm not the best person to ask.

But I usually get past it some how, I've tried a few times but I pussied out. I some how always managed to scare myself out of it or just distract myself so much it goes away.

I'm more obsessed with it than depressed looking for a way out though

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:55 PM Reply

other suicidal post? go check out one of the many that already exist

a real suicidal just kills himself and doesnt go everywhere whinning about it

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:57 PM Reply

It's the radio towers, man.

You had better blow them up.

Verspar
Verspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:11 PM Reply

That's funny because that's the story of my life. But the thing is I'm actually not having suicidal thoughts. What's weird is that I never had a girlfriend, fake (I don't believe in internet girlfriends), nor real (too shy to get one).
Gramiscus mentioned you should exercise; I recommend exercise too. If you start doing things, you will feel better about yourself and you'll make others worry less about you. When they're not worried about you, it will relieve any burden that's on them (they'll stop asking what's wrong) and, more important, on you when you start knowing you can do something. Stop doubting yourself and have faith in yourself. Doubt is good because it stops you from doing something you regret, but its bad when you stops you stop believing in yourself. Faith is bad when you start to be reckless with faith, but is good because it allows you to do things that you never thought possible when you doubted.

MiloBased
MiloBased
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM Reply

i contemplate suicide everyday. it's very healthy and keeps me on the right track in life.

-Officially Based-I saw a girl die.

BBS Signature
Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 04:14 PM, streetbackguy wrote: So yeah, this is actually a serious thread this time so hush you trolls.

Honestly.... join the army or some shit...

Why take your own life when you can give it to your country?

...and who knows.... they might give you the push that you need in your life.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM Reply

man up go outside lift weights stop being a bitch URRRRRRRRRGH

ok

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

Don't worry bro, I honestly don't know why I havent killed myself yet. Life has no meaning.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
streetbackguy
streetbackguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 06:22 PM, Raab wrote: Honestly.... join the army or some shit...

...and who knows.... they might give you the push that you need in your life.

The army, pfft.

The army doesn't do anything, and to all of you saying exercise, I pretty much can't because I have a muscle disorder and it hurts even when I try to exercise for only 5 minutes.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Suicidal Thoughts Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 06:22 PM, Raab wrote: Honestly.... join the army or some shit...

Why do people keep saying "kill others, but just not yourself"?

Why is it that those who have the will to live must die, and those who want to kill themselves must live?

Humanity can be so stupid sometimes.