Be a Supporter!
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Dungeon Defenders Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 11:43 AM Reply

How many of you have actually heard of Dungeon Defenders? It's a steam game that went on sale twice at the beginning of the Steam Summer sale, once for Midweek Madness where the game and all but a few pieces of DLC were 66% off, and then the first day of the actual Summer sale where everything aside from two things were 50% off. I'm just curious to know how many people know about it, and even moreso how many people, if any, have actually played it.

Personally I've had the game for a while now, my friends suckered me into playing it a month and a half or two months ago while the original game was 50% off as a part of a sale.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
attackofbadger
attackofbadger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Dungeon Defenders Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 11:43 AM, robotking98 wrote: How many of you have actually heard of Dungeon Defenders? It's a steam game that went on sale twice at the beginning of the Steam Summer sale, once for Midweek Madness where the game and all but a few pieces of DLC were 66% off, and then the first day of the actual Summer sale where everything aside from two things were 50% off. I'm just curious to know how many people know about it, and even moreso how many people, if any, have actually played it.

Personally I've had the game for a while now, my friends suckered me into playing it a month and a half or two months ago while the original game was 50% off as a part of a sale.
i have heard of it, i own the pc version, its a great game and is somewhat cartoony, but yeah its a great game

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dungeon Defenders Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM Reply

I certainly know about it. I have Dungeon Defenders for both Xbox Live Arcade and Steam (I bought the latter after acquiring a laptop capable of running some games, because this game is so much better on PC). I'll admit, I'm impressed with the amount of content for this game (on the PC version anyway), although I don't have all of it just yet. Come to think of it, I haven't played it in quite a while. I do believe I shall play it later today...
Anyone have some favorite characters to use? I use the Apprentice on Ranked, mainly because he's my highest level. I used to main as the Squire on Xbox, why I don't use him anymore on PC is beyond me though. Then again, I can actually aim my shots with the Apprentice and Huntress on PC, unlike consoles where you had to rely on auto-aim, so I guess that may have been a key factor.
If anyone has him, is the Summoner DLC character any good? I've been thinking about getting him once I get back into playing this game.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Dungeon Defenders Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I was hooked on the Xbox 360 version for a while. Quite an addicting little game actually. Although I think the main reason that I found it so fun was that I had someone to regularly play it with. If I was playing on my own with total strangers, I probably wouldn't have found it to be as fun.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
attackofbadger
attackofbadger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Dungeon Defenders Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 02:39 PM, Dean wrote: I was hooked on the Xbox 360 version for a while. Quite an addicting little game actually. Although I think the main reason that I found it so fun was that I had someone to regularly play it with. If I was playing on my own with total strangers, I probably wouldn't have found it to be as fun.

yeah i understand what you mean
i only heard about it because one of my friends on steam told me about it, and we played it alot together, but it was never fun with randoms and i wasnt a fan of solo, so i wouldnt play it alone

robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Dungeon Defenders Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 7/26/12 01:40 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Anyone have some favorite characters to use?

Honestly, I prefer my Summoner

If anyone has him, is the Summoner DLC character any good? I've been thinking about getting him once I get back into playing this game.

The summoner has a lot of uses, it's good building because of the fact that it uses separate units, as well as has the overlord mode (allows you to repair, and upgrade anything without moving).

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature