EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Hey awesome folks!

Since I keep seeing questions like 'how do I get an overview of the latest reviews?' and 'where is the delete button?', I thought it'd be worth a shot to ask for some clarification.

I haven't seen any messages from Tom regarding any further updates for the Audio Portal, so therefore my question is: Will there be any further updates and if so, when are they expected?

Thanks in advance =)

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 10:55 AM Reply

Last I asked Tom, he said everyone in the staff was really busy at the time. That was well over a month ago, so I don't know the current status. I hope that the Audio Portal gets all that functionality back since I desperately want to know when I get new reviews and I'm really curious about how many favourites my song Sanctuary has :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:14 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 10:55 AM, Step wrote: Last I asked Tom, he said everyone in the staff was really busy at the time. That was well over a month ago, so I don't know the current status. I hope that the Audio Portal gets all that functionality back since I desperately want to know when I get new reviews and I'm really curious about how many favourites my song Sanctuary has :(.

Thanks for the reply Step!

It's cool that they're working hard on all these different kinds of projects, but it would be nice if they could give us just a little heads-up on the current status. Not to be rude, but the Audio Portal now has a bit of an 'unfinished' feel to it, which is quite a shame considering its potential. Is there anything 'we' (the community) can do in the meantime to help out?

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 12:14 PM, EagleGuard wrote: It's cool that they're working hard on all these different kinds of projects, but it would be nice if they could give us just a little heads-up on the current status. Not to be rude, but the Audio Portal now has a bit of an 'unfinished' feel to it, which is quite a shame considering its potential. Is there anything 'we' (the community) can do in the meantime to help out?

The whole site is a work in progress and the staff are indeed working very hard to fix various bugs and resolves outstanding issues. The audio portal probably won't be given as much attention until the problems on the main site are finished. But you must understand that the main focus of Newgrounds has been the flash content and will always be the flash content. The Audio portal and art portal are only secondary features and aren't as important.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 04:27 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: the flash content and will always be the flash content. The Audio portal and art portal are only secondary features and aren't as important.

the fact that we cant remove matieral is still rather unaccaptable and practically illegal

how do you forget a delete button jeez lol

EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Further updates for Audio Portal? Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM Reply

I know Newgrounds is mainly used for games and movies, but the Audio Portal has been around for quite some time now too. Despite being the 'younger brother', I think it'd be nice if the Audio Portal received some more love from the developers. It may sound a bit far-fetched, but why not assign a seperate team to modify the Audio Portal (and possibly the Art Portal)? That way our feedback will be processed much more rapidly than is currently the case.

That said, jpbear does make a valid point: we aren't asking for stupendously complicated features, just a few basic ones that, in my honest opinion, should have been implemented right from the start.

BBS Signature