Be a Supporter!

Shows that you enjoy in boredom?

  • 1,085 Views
  • 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Knights
Knights
  • Member since: May. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

I'm actually starting to get into this show called Gravity Falls on Disney Channel. The animation for the show is beautiful and the whole paranormal conspiracy-based plot is so interesting, it actually gets its viewers involved and makes you think there actually is some grand conspiracy going on that you need to figure out.

This show really gives me hope that Disney is getting back on the right track.


I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 11:12 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 11:10 PM, knightsofthecircle wrote: I'm actually starting to get into this show called Gravity Falls on Disney Channel. The animation for the show is beautiful and the whole paranormal conspiracy-based plot is so interesting, it actually gets its viewers involved and makes you think there actually is some grand conspiracy going on that you need to figure out.

This show really gives me hope that Disney is getting back on the right track.

Dont get your hopes high. The next show about teens doing stupid, and I mean, STUPID things, while a prerecored laugh plays is right on the corner. I can feel it.


What a beautiful Duwang!

BBS Signature
maxxster
maxxster
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 02:00 PM, Klobb17 wrote: Just about anything that pops up when Adult Swim is on, since that's when I'm usually watching TV. I'll admit, the new show "Black Dynamite" is rather... interesting

Bahama therewego man. Adult swim is where its at. It is my boredum network

Knights
Knights
  • Member since: May. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Filmmaker
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 11:12 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 7/24/12 11:10 PM, knightsofthecircle wrote: I'm actually starting to get into this show called Gravity Falls on Disney Channel. The animation for the show is beautiful and the whole paranormal conspiracy-based plot is so interesting, it actually gets its viewers involved and makes you think there actually is some grand conspiracy going on that you need to figure out.

This show really gives me hope that Disney is getting back on the right track.
Dont get your hopes high. The next show about teens doing stupid, and I mean, STUPID things, while a prerecored laugh plays is right on the corner. I can feel it.

I'm not expecting Disney to become the animation giant it once was, but I still hope that they dedicate at least some of their empire to creating watchable cartoons and so far it seems like they're doing just that.


I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.
AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature
RyderOmega
RyderOmega
  • Member since: Jul. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Filmmaker
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 11:04 PM, Fluttershy wrote: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I'm surprised that no one mentioned it sooner.


PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:03 AM Reply

At 7/24/12 01:53 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: When it comes to shows you would watch, there are those that can be entertaining when you're bored. For me it would be "The Regular Show" and while it may be a stupid cartoon, it's pretty entertaining and I have a feeling that had it been made in the 1980s, it'll be popular among stoners.

What show do you enjoy in this situation?

First off, I've got to say, "cool thread". I thought hard about this.

I have three 'regulars' that fit the bill. Grand Designs, Antiques Roadshow and Bargain Hunt. None of them are really exciting as such, but when your bored stupid they are more than a satisfying watch. They just have that 'something' about them that makes you keep watching.

YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 7/24/12 10:56 PM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 7/24/12 10:54 PM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show are both awful. The show that I turn to for a cheap laugh is Tosh.0, come at me.
YOU SEXIST PIG. HOW CAN YOU LIKE TOSH. HE MADE A JOKE ABOUT RAPING WOMEN, WE SHOULD TAKE DOWN HIS SHOW AND CHOP THEIR DICKS OFF TO ALL HIS VIEWERS.

Sounds to me like you're both wrong. Tosh.0 is funny and Regular Show is cool.
It's not cool to chop someone's dick off, no matter what.
Adventure Time kinda sucks.


Gamertag: YenMuffin || Minecraft ID: YenMuffin || Noticing a pattern? Pikachu.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 05:14 AM Reply

Lockup.

When I get back from school all I want to do is sit in front of the radiator heater and watch t.v and the show always starts when I get home which is cool


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 05:17 AM Reply

There needs to be a show on cn or nick where they make fun of something like hl2.

or valve in general


BBS Signature
GhostOfHalloween
GhostOfHalloween
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

married with children


BBS Signature
Noonga
Noonga
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

What a shit thread.

As always Idiot-Finder makes the worst threads on this forum.


BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 08:16 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: Kitchen Nightmares and Mythbusters, but only when I'm in sheer boredom.

Kitchen Nightmares sounds interesting.

As for Mythbusters, lost interest for sometime but maybe one dat I'll get back to it.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Storage wars is an ok show. And I do enjoy the big bang theroy from time to time.


HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Skaren
Skaren
  • Member since: May. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 05:17 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote: There needs to be a show on cn or nick where they make fun of something like hl2.

or valve in general

I think Valve does a great job of making fun of themselves with their repetitive and buggy gameplay in every game they've released.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 11:32 PM, RyderOmega wrote:
At 7/24/12 11:04 PM, Fluttershy wrote: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm surprised that no one mentioned it sooner.

That reminds me, what is a big deal with "My Little Pony"?

Seriously it's like there's a craze popping out of a woodwork lately. Was it due to a possibly "so bad it's good" elements of the show that appeals to certain groups of people?


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 7/24/12 01:54 PM, e-lord wrote: adventure time

seriously the writers never run out of amusing situations to put finn and jake in

love that show


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

whatever anime is on adult swim on saturdays. or some nature documentary or police shootouts vol. 3 or some shit like it.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 04:30 PM, II2none wrote: whatever anime is on adult swim on saturdays. or some nature documentary or police shootouts vol. 3 or some shit like it.

The third part sounded like something on Spike channel.

It is a pretty interesting watch and notice how most of the time, the criminals are pretty stupid. As for the nature documentary, I remember when PBS had a special on salmons.

It was the first time I knew about salmon.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 25th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 7/25/12 08:25 AM, Noonga wrote: What a shit thread.

As always Idiot-Finder makes the worst threads on this forum.

You're the only in this thread with a mindset like that, but still thanks for posting in this thread.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Shows that you enjoy in boredom? Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 7/25/12 12:56 PM, Skaren wrote:
At 7/25/12 05:17 AM, GrizzlyOne wrote: There needs to be a show on cn or nick where they make fun of something like hl2.

or valve in general
I think Valve does a great job of making fun of themselves with their repetitive and buggy gameplay in every game they've released.

o yah

except for half life, which itself is a overhyped game


BBS Signature