jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
studio subwoofers? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:10 PM Reply

so im looking for a subwoofer to add to my two studio moniters,

my budget is max 400$, amp and sub and cables

right now my monitors are routed straight to my computer, im assuming im going to need an amp to route them all into my stock audio card.

are subs with an and off pedal worth it for producing?

GOGOGOGO

thanks for any helpsies :)

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to studio subwoofers? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/KRK-10S-Subwoofer-p/krk-10s .htm

Im not a fan of krk but i think it fits your description.

Personally i would go with this:

http://www.thomann.de/es/adam_sub_7_pro.htm?sid=1aed47769bea 34548585ba034dfcdacf

Music is my passion , not my business.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to studio subwoofers? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 02:10 PM, jpbear wrote: so im looking for a subwoofer to add to my two studio moniters,

What monitors are they? Some monitor sets also have a set sub that pairs well with them like the BX5A's and the SBX10.

right now my monitors are routed straight to my computer, im assuming im going to need an amp to route them all into my stock audio card.

I'm not sure why you think you need an amp. Most monitors in my experience have an amp built in, but as a result each speaker as well as the sub each tend to need their own power supply.

are subs with an and off pedal worth it for producing?

Pretty sure its called a bypass pedal, and hell yes its a good thing. First off, you can A/B mix check with and without the defined lower end. Most people wont have a sub so its good the check both. Also you flip the fucker off when your neighbors start giving you shit.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to studio subwoofers? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 02:24 PM, Breed wrote:
What monitors are they? Some monitor sets also have a set sub that pairs well with them like the BX5A's and the SBX10.

ive had my maudio av-40s for years, never felt the need to upgrade, love em.

theres probably a sub to match these, being maudio, but id like to have the quality a notch higher.

I'm not sure why you think you need an amp. Most monitors in my experience have an amp built in, but as a result each speaker as well as the sub each tend to need their own power supply.

Pretty sure its called a bypass pedal, and hell yes its a good thing. First off, you can A/B mix check with and without the defined lower end. Most people wont have a sub so its good the check both. Also you flip the fucker off when your neighbors start giving you shit.

yea id really need one, the rents and neighbors always harass. even with a bypass pedal i wouldnt need an amp?

on second thought, could yall reccommend me something around the 300$ range, i forgot about a couple expenses i have to look to.