Level 02
Musician
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:39 PM Reply

There's been hardly any news in the 6 years since its announcement. No one cares anymore.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:46 PM Reply

Very doubtful that they will just drop it like that. Sooner or later it'll be continued for the fans.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:13 PM Reply

At least They can finally get to work on KH3.

BBS Signature
Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 03:13 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: At least They can finally get to work on KH3.

I want to know what The King Wrote to Sora.

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 03:18 PM, Wavepad wrote:
At 7/20/12 03:13 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: At least They can finally get to work on KH3.
I want to know what The King Wrote to Sora.

In kingdom hearts dream drop distance, mickey just wants them to take a keyblade exam.
Game is coming out soon I think.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

I'm not seeing any hard evidence to support this. The Kotaku article linked in the article only provides unnamed sources and speculation with no real evidence to prove it. Doesn't everyone know by now that Kotaku's a joke?

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

The team/assets have allegedly been pooled into XV (the entirety of Versus could have become XV since this cancellation isnt official yet) so nope. XV and XIII-3 at the very least will be out before KH3.

I don't see why KH fans are so happy about this regardless, at least if it came out they would've gotten a nice game for all the delays, a cancellation just means they were bullshitting everyone for 6 years.

At 7/20/12 02:46 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Sooner or later it'll be continued for the fans.

Pfft, Square listening to the fans? Tell us another.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

its pretty much vaporware there bro.

TerminalMontage
TerminalMontage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:27 PM Reply

Cancelled, and turned into FF15?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 7/20/12 11:31 PM, Travis wrote: Tetsuya Nomura you are huge piece of shit.

of course he is he was the one that ruined Square now he's trying to do it with these Shitty knock off FFs (dissedia and XIII games) when we want another KH and Versus and a GODMAN VII REMASTERY

but of course he is a fucking cunt.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 01:12 AM Reply

I'm just gonna say it again, since you guys are so gullible it's not even funny; there's literally no evidence to support this. Oh, they have a couple unnamed sources proving it? That doesn't mean jack shit. Besides, it's fucking Kotaku. They represent everything wrong with gaming journalism.

I say wait for official word on this from Square. Don't get so worked up over this.

But if it is true, then yeah, that totally fucking sucks. But at least it also means that we might see Kingdom Hearts III sooner. Maybe.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 01:38 AM Reply

At 7/21/12 01:12 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: I say wait for official word on this from Square. Don't get so worked up over this.

six years still waiting

But if it is true, then yeah, that totally fucking sucks. But at least it also means that we might see Kingdom Hearts III sooner. Maybe.

doubtful been waiting for that longer than XIII versus its all Tetsuya Nomura he is milking XIII and the dissedia games and deciding to to move on what fans want.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 05:39 AM Reply

Really, this wouldn't be a surprise if it was truly cancelled. They've spent so long on this game and so little development has been shown to us. If this is the case then this is just further putting Square-Enix downhill, especially when they've had a huge bomb of an MMORPG as well.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 05:54 AM Reply

At 7/21/12 05:39 AM, Bahamut wrote: Really, this wouldn't be a surprise if it was truly cancelled. They've spent so long on this game and so little development has been shown to us. If this is the case then this is just further putting Square-Enix downhill, especially when they've had a huge bomb of an MMORPG as well.

XI online was great but they just failed at XIV. and Its because of Tetsuya Nomura incompetencies

Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 06:41 AM, CockGobbler wrote:
Hopefully it's released for the Xbox360 and maybe PC.

I highly doubt it, considering that the first two REAL KH games were both PS exclusives, I think that they will hopefully keep with tradition. Also, I'm getting tired of them releasing one spinoff after another onto different mobile gaming platforms.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 05:54 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: XI online was great but they just failed at XIV. and Its because of Tetsuya Nomura incompetencies

Nomura never does any work on the Final Fantasy games outside of character designs and artwork. He's not even the art director for the most recent games (like XIII).

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 03:07 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 7/21/12 05:54 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: XI online was great but they just failed at XIV. and Its because of Tetsuya Nomura incompetencies
Nomura never does any work on the Final Fantasy games outside of character designs and artwork. He's not even the art director for the most recent games (like XIII).

he's done Creative Producer &Character Designer

IN THE MAJORITY OF FF GAMES HE IS ONE OR MANY OF THESE: Character Illustrator Character Designer Battle Visual Director Original Story

for XIII VERSUS HE IS Director, Concept Designer, Character Designer & Base Story

KINGDOM HEARTS HE IS Director, Character Designer, Concept Designer & Base Story

your argument is invalidated.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Final Fantasy Versus Xiii Canceled? Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 03:23 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: IN THE MAJORITY OF FF GAMES HE IS ONE OR MANY OF THESE: Character Illustrator Character Designer Battle Visual Director Original Story

oh and add main CREATIVE PRODUCER to.

as you can see he has lots of sway in SE. and he is ruining it.

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician