New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:32 AM Reply

Simple poll. Do YOU want to seek a career in sound? Whether it be music composition, or sound designing. If so, what would be your preferred profession in the sonic world?

I'll kick this off:

I want to become a professional electronic producer (cliche much?). Music/sound has become much more than a hobby. Even when I don't feel like working on my projects, I work anyway. I have never wanted anything more than this in my life.

Aaaaand that's enough from me. Your turn!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:08 AM Reply

Yes, definitely. Specifically, around the audio engineering/the-guy-who-handles-the-mixer sector.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

done a bit of live sound work which was kinda fun sometimes but mostly unrewarding. played in shitty bands and done shitty gigs, i really can't be arsed to push through the initial (and LONG) self-promotion phase to make it as a successful touring artist. music is fun but when i try to make it intentionally accessible or whatever it becomes un-fun. the chip scene is the most fun i've ever had making music so if i ever do have another attempt at musical success it'll be through chip-related music.

psychology is looking like a much more stable career path, though.

p.s. i am gay

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

It's my dream to become a professional EDM producer/DJ, but I'm not actually working on that. I'm just gonna study health science and get a career in that area, but when I get the chance to become a pro, I'd definately grab it.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:32 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Simple poll. Do YOU want to seek a career in sound? Whether it be music composition, or sound designing. If so, what would be your preferred profession in the sonic world?

Composition and stage performance. I love those two areas very much, I had even wanted to pursue a career in them ever since my GCSE year.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: Coming soon!

BBS Signature
Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

I wish i could be an audio engineer but such career doesn't exists on my country and there's no way i can study on other country.

So yeah , Mcdonalds here i come!

Music is my passion , not my business.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

I'm not actively working on a career or anything, but it'd be great to have some huge DJ's play my tracks in their sets. That's mainly where I'm going for.

New tune: Yag

TheBenjerman
TheBenjerman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

BECOME pro? I AM pro! HAHAHAHAHA!

But ya, I'd like to be able to earn my whole income with my music. That's probably a ways down the road, but I'm going for it!

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:25 PM Reply

no edm producer became famous with the aspiration of becoming famous in a certain sense.

if you're music is worthy the carreer will come to you and not vice versa.

some people will argue promotion plays a big role, id disagree.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:32 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Simple poll. Do YOU want to seek a career in sound?

Already working full time with it and mostly living off it, but hell yes I do.

If so, what would be your preferred profession in the sonic world?

If I had to choose one, then probably film scoring, although to be honest, I like the idea of changing up work, so what I'd like to be doing is recording, mastering, voice acting, teaching, on-location sound, sound design, film & game scoring, orchestral arranging, copying, transcribing, and maybe even a bit of performance on the keys and the congas.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 02:25 PM, jpbear wrote:

People will only promote you if you have good music. HA

lel

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 02:46 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 7/20/12 02:25 PM, jpbear wrote:

People will only promote you if you have good music. HA

thats what i call "natural" promotion.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

Not really. At this point, I've learned that the field isn't really the best for a solid career... but I do hope that I become famous enough to where people are promoting my work without me having to do it.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:02 PM Reply

Contacts are important. I actually work for the agent of a band ranked high in canada's top traditionnal music band (Le vent du nord in case you want the name), and I've been close of Vulgaire Machins. They are FAR from being popular, but their contact sheet is enormous!! It's how it works in there, some guy you know knows some other guy that search someone for something, you say you're interested, that guy recomends you to that other guy, telling him you're good, you do a good job, he likes you, remembers you and you're one contact richer! Do that and eventually you'll be known, score tops in radio, starting to get overrated, etc.

I dont want to go pro. I want to help the ones that goes pro (like what I do actually).

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 7/20/12 09:32 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Simple poll. Do YOU want to seek a career in sound? Whether it be music composition, or sound designing. If so, what would be your preferred profession in the sonic world?

I'll kick this off:

I want to become a professional electronic producer (cliche much?). Music/sound has become much more than a hobby. Even when I don't feel like working on my projects, I work anyway. I have never wanted anything more than this in my life.

Aaaaand that's enough from me. Your turn!

It would be cool, but i just dont see myself going down that road.
I could try to get signed to a small label and still do this in my spare time, but im not so sure.

BBS Signature
AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 11:51 PM Reply

Although it would be awesome to get signed by a big label, get famous, tour the world, etc it probably isn't happening.

In the meantime, I'd love to make soundtracks for video games or movies or whatever. It'd be really cool to be paid for my music in any way, through whatever venture.

For now, I'll stick with pursuing a more solid electrical engineering/computer science career. Although I did hear from a friend that Digipen Institute of Technology is offering a music and sound design degree...

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

I have been composing music since 15 and lately I actually find out my composition skill has improved, a bit! I never consider myself as a pro even though I have a pretty large fanbase of long time supporters (excluding NG fans) who often use my music in their productions.

I am hoping one day I can compose music as much as professional as you guys on here and that is enough for me.

Seriously I consider your music are much much more professional than mine...
xxxZigZagxxx
xxxZigZagxxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

I think I just want to make music that people really like, and if they want to pay me, then I shall reluctantly accept.

BBS Signature
stunkel
stunkel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:47 AM Reply

I love the group idea! It's like talking to your teachers about what you want to be when you grow up :D But more advanced!

As of now I have a youtube channel to upload songs to which gives me barely any money ._. But I am going to college for music and I want to do music for video games and movies and other films. I am already doing music for an iphone game but I want to try something more :3 I think that being in a foley team would be very fun. And I am also interested in being a producer/songwriter. Of course I would have one or more of these things PLUS writing music for myself :3

Check out my pages!
Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

NikeTheSword
NikeTheSword
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

Video Game music/sound developement. Why else would I be here? :3

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:51 AM Reply

I want to revolutionize mainstream music.

I don't practice enough though.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:59 AM Reply

At 7/22/12 10:59 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Seriously I consider your music are much much more professional than mine...

You and me both.

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:28 PM Reply

To become the main edm/electro/dubstep events company in Scotland and keep producing and dj'ing as well.

Give me about 2-3 years and we will see lolz

KadajMetal
KadajMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Nice topic idea.Most of you are electronic producer,DJ,etc...and I actually ended up on newgrounds to share my electro stuff.I would personnaly like to be a proffessional touring musician (in metal music).

I play guitar really seriously and my band is starting to become serious.I started learning production and recording in order to write full songs by myself and so propose them to my band so I can help the band in a really effective way.Plus I can get honest/objective reviews from people I don't know on the internet.
I think the goal is reachable since we see more and more young metal bands touring the world.I put a lot of work and effort into that goal.I try to write quality music and I pay a lot of attention to what people think about my/our music.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

no. there are other things i'd rather so for food.

ArcaneSoul
ArcaneSoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:54 PM Reply

I indeed would want a place in the whole music industry. Maybe get to a high enough level that i make it on beatport.

I also want to break the mainstream way how artists make music where they only make one kind of genre or style. I want to be able to make music with multiple genres by the time i get to that beatport level. Not sure i would dj around the world though.

And don't worry acid-paradox, mcdonalds is where im going for now too :3

Also...learn how to master properly.

Make music with ALL the genres!

BBS Signature
Seprix
Seprix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

I want to become either a musician for video games and stuff like that, or be a video editor. I can do both pretty well for no training whatsoever. But I'm leaning more towards the musical side.

<iframe width="590" height="32" src="http://www.newgrounds.com/content/embed.php?id=SftXT" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nimble
Nimble
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Do you want to become pro? Jul. 24th, 2012 @ 02:20 AM Reply

Man,I want to be a Video game/Film Scorer. that'd be the life.I'm getting better everyday it seems and I hope to gather an audience here at least for a while. I think i would be set just having a small audience here.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.
"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature