No-Brainer
No-Brainer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Hello there.

So, first off, thanks for your interest in this call-out for a programmer. Alright, now I'm looking for a programmer who is able/willing to program an Xbox Indie Game with XNA in C#. The game is going to be an RPG. No this is not wishful thinking from some kid, this is a real call-out for a programmer for a serious project.

WHAT'S THE GAME ABOUT?

Well the game is about my main character No-Brainer, and his sidekick Todd, and one day darkness falls from the sky into No-Brainers territory and starts to takeover. It's up to No-Brainer, Todd, and others to help save the city of Middleton! (That's a brief overview of it at least)

WHY SHOULD I HELP YOU?

Well if you've ever had the desire to work on something serious and have it come to the public on Xbox Live, your in luck. No-Brainer Cartoons also has an exceptional fan-base (not much though, but growing) and I'm looking to see what the limits are for my series, and this is a great push to see what we can do with this cartoon, and that's creating a video game for everyone to purchase! (On Xbox Live.) We are also possibly setting up an Indiegogo Page to get funded by all fans who want to see this game become a reality. Are chances are small, but with enough luck, we can maybe reach a measly $2000 goal and pay the people who work on this game. IT'S NOT GUARANTEED, BUT IT'S WORTH A SHOT.

I'M INTERESTED, HOW SHOULD I CONTACT YOU?

I'd prefer you contact me through PM on Newgrounds, or e-mail me at [email protected] for a reply back. Please have some previous work to show, or examples.

I look forward to hearing back from all/any of you. If you have any questions, please reply to this thread, and i'll do my best to answer your question ASAP. Please DO NOT REPLY WITH "I WANT TO APPLY" AS THOSE WILL BE IGNORED. Make the initiative to get my attention the way I ask pls. :U

Thanks, for looking at this, and have a great day!

BELOW IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF MY ART SKILL/STYLE.

Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C#

Aimless Adventures - Go start your adventure today! HOME OF REALMS, THE AMAZING NEW WEBCOMIC.

BBS Signature
No-Brainer
No-Brainer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:24 AM Reply

Much updated Art Piece. This is my skill/style as of now.

Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C#

Aimless Adventures - Go start your adventure today! HOME OF REALMS, THE AMAZING NEW WEBCOMIC.

BBS Signature
Ezaac
Ezaac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:34 PM Reply

You should add more shading and stuff to your art style almost like egoraptors, I know youre not egoraptor but thats how it looks more elegant.

c0rupt3d
c0rupt3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 07:30 AM Reply

Sorry to inform you but the quality of the graphics are very poor and microsoft would not even look at the gameplay let alone publish it on xbla!

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 7/21/12 07:30 AM, c0rupt3d wrote: Sorry to inform you but the quality of the graphics are very poor and microsoft would not even look at the gameplay let alone publish it on xbla!

Technically, he said he wanted the game on the indie section, not XBLA. There have been far worse games published on the indie section.

With that said, the fact that you barely mentioned anything about gameplay shows how little experience you have making games. Finding someone who is capable of making this and willing to do so will be hard enough, but I can't imagine it will get more than a handful of sales with the direction it's headed in.

Making games is harder than you might think. My advice is to make this as a flash game first. If you're that confident about your game idea, then it should be a big success as a flash game, which could earn you a lot more than $2000. It will also show you whether your game concept really is good or not and would help gather a fan base.

The most common mistake everyone does is have their first project overly ambitious, and it never gets finished, or even if it does, you'll realize you made a lot of mistakes in making the game because you weren't experienced enough.

Those are just my 2 cents. Good luck finding someone.

No-Brainer
No-Brainer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Programmer For Xbox Indie Games. C# Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 7/21/12 11:12 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 7/21/12 07:30 AM, c0rupt3d wrote: Sorry to inform you but the quality of the graphics are very poor and microsoft would not even look at the gameplay let alone publish it on xbla!
Technically, he said he wanted the game on the indie section, not XBLA. There have been far worse games published on the indie section.

With that said, the fact that you barely mentioned anything about gameplay shows how little experience you have making games. Finding someone who is capable of making this and willing to do so will be hard enough, but I can't imagine it will get more than a handful of sales with the direction it's headed in.

Making games is harder than you might think. My advice is to make this as a flash game first. If you're that confident about your game idea, then it should be a big success as a flash game, which could earn you a lot more than $2000. It will also show you whether your game concept really is good or not and would help gather a fan base.

The most common mistake everyone does is have their first project overly ambitious, and it never gets finished, or even if it does, you'll realize you made a lot of mistakes in making the game because you weren't experienced enough.

Those are just my 2 cents. Good luck finding someone.

I'll admit, I didn't mention anything about the gameplay which is an incredibly lousy thing of me to do when seeking a programmer, but I didn't really mention it based on the fact I really have yet to figure out what this game is really going to be like. I do still have a lot to find out about my own game, but then again, it IS just an Indie Game, and I'm not really in it for the sales, as much as bringing a new form of entertainment to my fans.

Thanks for your thoughts, as I have taken them into consideration. :)

BBS Signature