RevoRobba
RevoRobba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Seek help and advice - gameproject 2012-07-19 18:08:24 Reply

Hello lovely people,

I have a important question for the future of my flash carrier. May you help me?
Well, I started to work on a brutally huge flash game project, knowing that I have to get help to realise it, of corse. But even the parts I just planned to do by myself, my characters and their animations, as the BG, is a incredible amount of work, (well, I use a very detailed style too.. stupid me) Its impossible to keep his up for too long, until I don´t get some kind of financial support or savety.
Around NG are alot of very expeienced persons in that field. Tell me what are the tactics to life trough such a project! I would be very, very glad!!

Love and peace and all that hippy shit,

Robba

NukeThisSpruceGoose
NukeThisSpruceGoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Seek help and advice - gameproject 2012-07-21 05:19:16 Reply

maybe you should seek help before you start a project then you can get more work done from the start

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Seek help and advice - gameproject 2012-07-22 03:15:29 Reply

The solution is to *not* make overly huge projects in flash. Especially if you've never made a game before.

You *need* to start small. You'll realize that there's actually a *lot* to game development that you don't know about and even a tiny game will take more time than you estimate.

I know it's exciting to be working on a huge ambitious project, but the odds are, if you haven't finished a game before, you won't be able to finish this one. Or even if you manage to finish it, it won't be as good as it can be due to your lack of experience, and you may not be able to monetize it very well.

You could spend 4 months working on a game only for it to earn $400. Whereas you could make a game in 3 days that could earn $2000. Why? Experience.

So that's my suggestion. Make a super small game to get the hang of publishing and selling your game, and maybe get some money as well. Check out www.fgl.com for selling your game.

RevoRobba
RevoRobba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Seek help and advice - gameproject 2012-07-24 06:03:11 Reply

Well, thats a advice I can live with. I am very glad for you guys help.

The project will be realised though, if I menage to get more experience. Thats for sure.

Uhh yeaa .... I know, I make a preaquell to the other project. I will work on the idea.