• 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
jesseRYU
jesseRYU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

What a nerd.
Sucks he died though.

New at flash then get some help.

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 06:07 PM Reply

Must have been one hell of a game.

Letterboxd/Lecter Crew"Halber Mensch is like the Katamari Damacy of Industrial minus the happy"-BoredLooney. Look at my sig. It's better than Bren's.

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 06:17 PM Reply

Holy shit, 40 hours!? A non-stop marathon to me is 6 hours! After that I start to feel gross and feel like I have to do something. Usually I just do like 5 pushups and 5 crunches to just get my blood circulating and heart pumping.

But seriously, how in the fuck can someone play 40 hours straight and ignore food, bodily wastes, and everything else?

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

Not to disrespect the dead, but what exactly did he think would happen if he went without nourishment or body movement for almost two days? Did he expect to SURVIVE? This is simple stuff.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Audiophile
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 10:17 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: It always seems like Asian teenagers take gaming way to seriously, correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of a gaming related death in the west.

There was that american guy a while back who played his Xbox long enough to die from a blood clot. This was never a strictly asian thing.

At 7/18/12 10:49 PM, MooshuBeef wrote:
With two gaming deaths from two asian teens according to that article, it's hard to argue the data.

Lol what? It doesn't take a genius to realize sitting still foran immense amount of time will fuck your shit up one way or another.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

I think the longest I did was about 20, but I got up to eat stuff and was always drinking, though it was pepsi.

I did feel pretty weird after that though, I wouldn't recommend it or repeat it again.

Shame though, at least he died doing what he loved.

GamesArmor
GamesArmor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 7/19/12 05:09 PM, jesseRYU wrote: What a nerd.
Sucks he died though.

What a nerd.

What a nerd.

What a nerd.

AIHKKSFLSGJDHIGLSBDNGLKSDKGN
KILL YOUR UGLY-ASS SELF
DIE IN A FIRE
GET FUCKED
EAT SHIT
ASLKDNALSDNDFGDHJDTGS
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

Casuals. Casuals everywhere in this thread.

Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming.

unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Why are all these deaths not in the US?

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

I'm pretty sure this has happened before, only the boy was Korean and it was StarCraft.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 7/19/12 09:25 PM, Chdonga wrote: I'm pretty sure this has happened before, only the boy was Korean and it was StarCraft.

Starcraft is the #1 killer of Teenagers aged 13-18 in Korea.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 7/19/12 12:25 AM, GamesArmor wrote:
At 7/18/12 10:12 PM, JCFfilms wrote: I mean, I love video games and such; but not enough to play them 40 hours straight.
I played Oblivion 30 hours "straight". "Straight" in a sense of standing up every once in a while to piss, eat, drink, ect.

I really don't have anything to say about the article other than the people that died have a damn good sense of dedication.

I'm steadily approaching the "sit down and stare at the computer all day" level, and I'm starting to get worried with stories like this. I don't think I've sat down and played Morrowind that long, or Metal Gear Online, and I get up and jump on my bed or flex or do something weird every now and then. I get up to drink, piss, eat, etc. But still, I've spent nights up playing games and not gone to sleep the next day - though I divide the time between playing the game on a system and switching to my computer. If this guy died from just sitting down for 40 hours... well, shit.

I feel like I should do some stomach crunches right now.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

MooshuBeef
MooshuBeef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 7/19/12 06:36 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/18/12 10:17 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: It always seems like Asian teenagers take gaming way to seriously, correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of a gaming related death in the west.
There was that american guy a while back who played his Xbox long enough to die from a blood clot. This was never a strictly asian thing.

At 7/18/12 10:49 PM, MooshuBeef wrote:
With two gaming deaths from two asian teens according to that article, it's hard to argue the data.
Lol what? It doesn't take a genius to realize sitting still foran immense amount of time will fuck your shit up one way or another.

I wasn't saying asians are more prone to dying by gaming, but just that two asians died by the keyboard and mouse. And of course the more you sit around and don't do the things you need to do to survive you gonna be dead. And I am far from a genius, but thank you! ;)

Musician and aspiring Voice Actor

cmgin
cmgin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 01:20 AM Reply

The longest I've played a game was about 18 hours and of all things Halo 2 MP. Ha, those were the days.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 02:29 AM Reply

I just played The Sims 3 for 8 hours straight. I just downloaded it from Steam.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM Reply

At 7/19/12 07:39 PM, unconsidered wrote: Why are all these deaths not in the US?

Higher percentage of teens who have smelt a vagina.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:14 AM Reply

At 7/19/12 03:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: 40 Hours of Gameplay is a good record, I wonder who will be able to beat his record?

Let's just hope no-one is stupid enough to make that attempt.

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Exile
Exile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 7/20/12 08:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Let's just hope no-one is stupid enough to make that attempt.

There's nothing deadly about 40 hours straight of gaming as long as you take a break once every few hours to move around, drink, eat, etc.

MacDonaldFin
MacDonaldFin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Animator
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 09:55 AM Reply

How did he not feel the need to eat, sleep or go to the toilet in a 40 hour time period? Unreal.

TheGoldGuy
TheGoldGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

I know this isnt the right time but...
he couldve lasted 41
TI-HI

"Thats impossible"-Superman

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 20th, 2012 @ 07:34 PM Reply

Only idiots think they can go that long without taking a break.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 03:39 AM Reply

40 hours without a break or food or rest is suicide. He had to know what he was doing.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 04:13 AM Reply

Because of stupid people like that playing games for 4 or 5 hours is cosidered dangerous.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 7/21/12 04:13 AM, tonypar16 wrote: Because of stupid people like that playing games for 4 or 5 hours is cosidered dangerous.

Lmao, I remember when I was younger, my mum freaked out about me playing video games because she heard of some Korean dying after hours of gaming.

ratchetrockon
ratchetrockon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Teen dies after 40 hours of gaming. Jul. 21st, 2012 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 7/19/12 01:05 AM, dragoswrath wrote:

You hear Americans dying from steroids for sports and snapping muscles weight lifting, so it's really not too surprising to see the Taiwanese teens overwork themselves on games given they really don't play any actual sports or weight lift a lot, and that the cafes are good social hangouts.

First off I always see asian elders and kids outside where I live at (Japan). The elderly are always jogging/walking and kids playing baseball...
Second steroid deaths are very rare.. Usually people associate it with early cardiac arrest *cough* zyzz* cough*. Although zyzz's death was likely a mix of using cocaine with his already weak heart.

Oh and internet cafes are not good social hangouts form my point of view.

Ima Proud Newfag :D