New Topic Respond to this Topic
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

I am in need of a graphic artist to help develop an independently marketed platformer/RPG. I am looking for a cutting, geometric and angular style that can properly communicate abstract ideas and concepts (themes, in non-bullshit talk).

Currently, the framework and basic functionality of the game has been written. As this game is purely coded from scratch in C++, using only one low-level API, this has taken some time and I am now at a point where I believe an artist is necessary for progress.

The team you will be working with consists of me, the sole programmer, Newground's own Sorohanro as a musician, and a friend as another musician. The pay will be revenue based - as this is a four-man team, the cut is 20-25% per person (where your cut is in that range depends on a few circumstances).

Specific details of the game will not be disclosed here but if you'd like to hear them private messaging is welcomed. The same can be said for any questions you may have.

Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 07:28 PM, WizMystery wrote: I am in need of a graphic artist to help develop an independently marketed platformer/RPG. I am looking for a cutting, geometric and angular style that can properly communicate abstract ideas and concepts (themes, in non-bullshit talk).

Could you provide an example of the sort of art you're looking for?

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 08:32 PM, Felis wrote:
At 7/17/12 07:28 PM, WizMystery wrote: I am in need of a graphic artist to help develop an independently marketed platformer/RPG. I am looking for a cutting, geometric and angular style that can properly communicate abstract ideas and concepts (themes, in non-bullshit talk).
Could you provide an example of the sort of art you're looking for?

The comics made by Jhonen Vasquez are really the only examples I can think of at the moment. Basically sharp edges all over. "Liney." But I suppose as long as the style is clean cut and developed enough there's room for anything.

killerrob
killerrob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 12:47 AM Reply

My art style doesn't match your criteria.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/killerrob/err0r-2?context=ratings:etm.user:2295827.scou ted:.offset:8Background, maybe?

Nope

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

What kind of platformer/RPG? Is it super art intensive? Would you be better off "hiring" a team of animators? Or is the angular style you're after so simple a seasoned animator could scratch off in an afternoon?

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Graphic Artist Needed For Indie Vg Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 7/18/12 01:09 AM, maficmelody wrote: What kind of platformer/RPG? Is it super art intensive? Would you be better off "hiring" a team of animators? Or is the angular style you're after so simple a seasoned animator could scratch off in an afternoon?

It's a 2D platformer/RPG, if that's what you're asking (there's really nothing else I can do to explain without giving out specific details). I really don't know what constitutes art intensive, but it is a full-length game. It's not really animation intensive, I can tell you that much, so I'm really just looking for a graphic artist who also CAN animate but doesn't necessarily focus his/her career on animation. This isn't a simple afternoon job, more like one or two months.