New Topic Respond to this Topic
sophisticatedkoala
sophisticatedkoala
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

Hey guys and gurls of NG, i got a question which i'd like some of you smart boyz to answer for me...

WTF JUST WHAT KIND OF BRUSH SETTINGS ARE GREAT? I got a bamboo tablet and the problem is that the smooth is set to 40 and blah, blah, blah... i just never feel i achive the awesome artstyle of many other artist like gonzo or him the guy who made the awesome banana in pyjama thingy majima, i know, i know... IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE BRUSH... but it would CERTANLYY help if i got some advice from some of the awesome boys and gurls here :)

Best wishes Sophisticated koala... :)

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

It really depends, in flash it depends the zooming and the brush size, for example, you can do storyboards or sketches in any settings, but when youre going to clean the lines or do final touches you have to zoom in and select select a brush size with pressure, like that every drawing is gonna have the same line size, the same composition.

Now, for the smoothness, that depends too, of course it its a drawing you wont use a super high smoothness. In my case i use a low one cause it gives a scratchy look, maybe a 20 - 22 smoothness, or sometimes i use 0 smoothness so the lines look like some photoshop brushes.

As i said man, it really depends. I think gonzo uses a 35- 40 smoothness

sophisticatedkoala
sophisticatedkoala
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 7/17/12 11:19 AM, francisyfl wrote: It really depends, in flash it depends the zooming and the brush size, for example, you can do storyboards or sketches in any settings, but when youre going to clean the lines or do final touches you have to zoom in and select select a brush size with pressure, like that every drawing is gonna have the same line size, the same composition.

Now, for the smoothness, that depends too, of course it its a drawing you wont use a super high smoothness. In my case i use a low one cause it gives a scratchy look, maybe a 20 - 22 smoothness, or sometimes i use 0 smoothness so the lines look like some photoshop brushes.

As i said man, it really depends. I think gonzo uses a 35- 40 smoothness

THANK YOU m8, i really appreciate the fact you took so much time to write an answer to me :) I'll try something and see how it works out, mayb 36-38 would be great yea :) thanks alot dude!

KhanhCPham
KhanhCPham
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 17th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

I find that I cant achieve the consistent smooth look with the brush too. I use a tablet PC that has pressure sensitivity . I do end up using the selection tool(V on the shortcut key) and select and drag at the edge of the line to adjust the desired consistency.

Currently doing short rough animations here http://khanhcpham.deviantart.com/

Pegosho
Pegosho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 18th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

I always use 40 smoothness, it's just perfect!

francisyfl
francisyfl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 19th, 2012 @ 02:25 AM Reply

At 7/17/12 04:23 PM, sophisticatedkoala wrote:
THANK YOU m8, i really appreciate the fact you took so much time to write an answer to me :) I'll try something and see how it works out, mayb 36-38 would be great yea :) thanks alot dude!

A pleasure to answer : ). Just dont get too technical with the smoothness and the brush size and all that, as i said it really depends what youre looking for, what kind of style

skater007
skater007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Artist
Response to Best Option For Flash Brush :o?! Jul. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:44 PM Reply

God dammit n***a

http://vimeo.com/16357456