New Topic Respond to this Topic
Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Looking for someone to master! 2012-07-10 13:29:09 Reply

Hey, I'm part of a collaborative effort remixing this track. Altogether we're four people; a YouTube user singing, Buoy on guitar, Shanath who did all the composition and me (I did the instrumentation/arrangement of the whole thing). It's quite a big project and we're pretty much finished, but I can't master to save a life and I've been having a hard time getting the vocals to mix in well with the music.

Is there anyone here who's interested in mastering the track? I can send all necessary specifics, and WAVs with headroom and whatnot. The song explores quite a few genres, mainly orchestral and jazz/pop/rock.

A quick response is appreciated. Post in this thread if you're up for it and if you end up mastering, you'll be added to the credits!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Looking for someone to master! 2012-07-10 14:20:44 Reply

have you tried mrmilkcarton ? If he still does offer mastering

BBS Signature
Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for someone to master! 2012-07-10 14:26:55 Reply

At 7/10/12 01:29 PM, Step wrote: but I can't master to save a life and I've been having a hard time getting the vocals to mix in well with the music.

Is there anyone here who's interested in mastering the track? I can send all necessary specifics, and WAVs with headroom and whatnot. The song explores quite a few genres, mainly orchestral and jazz/pop/rock.

A quick response is appreciated. Post in this thread if you're up for it and if you end up mastering, you'll be added to the credits!

Sounds like you want someone to mix and master. I suppose I could but send me a PM with a mp3 of what it sounds like with what you've done. I can point you into the right direction for a better master that way. I try to avoid mastering things that clip, have no headroom, and are just poorly mixed in general because I'm making things louder and those problems will be much more noticeable.

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Looking for someone to master! 2012-07-10 14:33:17 Reply

At 7/10/12 02:26 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Sounds like you want someone to mix and master. I suppose I could but send me a PM with a mp3 of what it sounds like with what you've done. I can point you into the right direction for a better master that way. I try to avoid mastering things that clip, have no headroom, and are just poorly mixed in general because I'm making things louder and those problems will be much more noticeable.

Hey, thanks for coming to the rescue, haha.

I don't think the mixing I did is that bad, really. I have a lot of experience mixing with these kinds of instruments and most of my songs generally sound clear and decently-mixed (well, I hope so anyway!).

My problem is mainly the vocals. When I added them they just ended up feeling tacked on and I couldn't find the right volume level for them. Also, the song in general is a bit too quiet in some parts since there are quite a few dynamics and the quiet parts ended up sounding too quiet. It might be fixed with some compression but I've never used a compressor in my life and would have no idea where to start :P.

I've PM'd you with the MP3 file. If you are interested in mastering it, I'll set up whatever WAVs you need, with some headroom added. Thanks for posting!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature