New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

I think it would be a fun meet-up in Disney World. If done right, it won't be as expensive as others may think. Plane tickets are a different issue, but for 7 nights with 4 people staying in one room at a Disney World hotel with 4 park tickets and food for the week, would be at an ever so comfortable 800 bucks for a week long vacation per person. Though that sounds expensive, it's far less expensive if you're going to stay in a hotel in the middle of New York or LA.

Food being

One table-service meal per person, per night (Being like going to Benni Hannahs or a nice sit down restuarant)
One quick-service meal per person, per night (Being like the Disney World of hamburgers and hotdogs)
One snack per person, per night (Ice cream bar, bottle of soda, a fucking croissant, whichever you pick)
One Resort-refillable drink mug (Fill that shit with soda/water at the resort and go to the park)

Resort being

All-Star Music Walt Disney World Resort

4 Tickets to each and every one of the parks.

Magic Kingdom (for the kid at heart)
Epcot (for the teenager in all of us) (Try not putting a cock in this girls mouth on the front page)
MGM Studios (for the old farts at heart)
Animal Kingdom (for all the furries)

Bus transportation to and from the airport

Bus transportation to all the parks and water parks.

Water Parks being this and this

I'm not sure what the other meets spend, but I'm almost certain it never lasts for more than a few nights and with a hotel and food it comes out to being just as spendy (4-5 hundred bucks atleast) then to just go to a place I know everyone can have fun and kick Donald Duck in the nuts for being a nazi a-hole.

It doesn't have to be a week, it can be far less. But for as many things there are to do in the Orlando area like Downtown Disney (fucking lego land and a HUGE Ghirardelli store there), Sea World, a stupid amount of water parks, Universal Studios where you can rid Harry Potters magical cock or something to that affect, it gets lengthy.

I have yet to go to a meet and this seems like the most appropriate for all ages. There's plenty of drinking and clubbing at Downtown Disney

I'm open to all suggestions, but Florida seems like the perfect place to meet. Even Kennedy Space Center near there. Or even a fucking cruise from one of many of the ports there (usually 500-700 a person for an all-inclusive week long cruise)

What'cha guys think? Donald Duck says it's an awesome idea. HEIL

Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
TheDucyawsome808
TheDucyawsome808
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

lol gay ur gay

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Florida? FLORIDA? FLORIDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:22 PM Reply

Because meeting up with people you only know through a computer monitor is a great idea.

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:19 PM, sweet21 wrote: Florida? FLORIDA? FLORIDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I'm come to the conclusion that Disney Land sucks balls. I've been there many times and it doesn't compare to Disney World.

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

As long as it waits until after January, I'll be moving back to Orlando at the beginning of next year. May be able to hook some members up with a few free (or at least severely discounted) passes to Universal and/or Disney. But that means you would owe me drinks in Epcot as I drink around the world (At least one drink in all ten of Epcot's countries).

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

But how will we make dick jokes and grab asses in a public place with CHILDREN?

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:24 PM, sweet21 wrote: But how will we make dick jokes and grab asses in a public place with CHILDREN?

IT'S DISNEY WORLD. COME ON!!

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:24 PM, sweet21 wrote: But how will we make dick jokes and grab asses in a public place with CHILDREN?

Downtown Disney, obviously. There are literally NO kids there at night.

I fucking love Disney World.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:23 PM, MoonCraft wrote: As long as it waits until after January, I'll be moving back to Orlando at the beginning of next year. May be able to hook some members up with a few free (or at least severely discounted) passes to Universal and/or Disney. But that means you would owe me drinks in Epcot as I drink around the world (At least one drink in all ten of Epcot's countries).

The cheapest times to go are September-October and March-April

I think we should strive for March because it will take planning and money saving. Airline tickets from Phoenix are 300 bucks roundtrip.

Just so everyone knows

The cheapest time for everyone to BUY their tickets is going to be Tuesday-Thursday for the Orlando Airport and the cheapest days to fly are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Shoot for a Saturday though.

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Also:

Magic Kingdom - Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain. Fuck yes.

Epcot - Learn while getting drunk in the World Showcase, ride Mission Space (Launch simulator) and try not to blow chunks after said drinking.

MGM Studios - Tower of Terror, Aerosmiths' Rocking Rollercoaster, Indiana Jones, The Great Movie Ride, and motherfucking Star Tours.

Animal Kingdom - Get drunk around animals, Everest rollercoaster, Dinosaur ride, and no one will hear your dick jokes as they "ooh" and "ah" at animals.

"As I'm sure you're aware it is full of silhouettes of girls. The one on the M looks like she has a dick, just saiyan." -Shade-

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:03 PM, Shauna wrote: 7 nights with 4 people staying in one room

Awkward. As. Fuck.

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:33 PM, Razz wrote:
Awkward. As. Fuck.

It's far cheaper that way. If it's just you it's going to wind up costing you like 700 bucks for a room.

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:40 PM Reply

Awkward. As. Fuck.

Depending on if/when this actually happens I may be willing to host a person or two at my place.

And not to rain on anyone's parade, but Disney World pulled the nightclubs out of their Downtown Disney location (except maybe for one or two) in favor of more night time shopping venues. Universal's Citywalk still has a bunch of clubs/bars for those 18+ (some place 21+). Or you can just hit up the downtown Orlando scene, it's only a 15 minute drive from Disney if there's no traffic.

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

Mid March to early April is Spring Break season. The costs may be lower, but you'll be packed asshole to elbow in a lot of the parks. Mid April to mid May was usually a "dead zone" when I worked at the parks. Everyone is staying home for the end of school/graduation/preparing for summer vacation.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

ohhhfffffffffuuuuuuuuu

Walt Disney World Meet-up

ok

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:05 PM Reply

Well fuck I would actually consider going to this if I didn't strongly dislike most NGers.

Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 07:37 PM, Shauna wrote:
Awkward. As. Fuck.
It's far cheaper that way. If it's just you it's going to wind up costing you like 700 bucks for a room.

It cost me $500 last time I was there-and that was during Easter.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 08:06 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
It cost me $500 last time I was there-and that was during Easter.

Doesn't sound like you were there for 7 nights.

April is sounding like the best time to go. Just in time for the international flower & garden festival, my favorite :3

BBS Signature
InDuStRiEl
InDuStRiEl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Any idea when this is going to happen? My second child is due in early October, so the soonest I'd be able to make it is next February or March. Hell, I'd even be able to do April.

Bounce Bounce Jiggle Bounce :3

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

This is going to be a lot more complicated than you think it'll be, and you also need to prepare for backup plans in case of inclement weather. I don't see this lasting a week, to be honest.

I'm presently undecided, but if I end up getting enough time off + enough disposable income, I'll think about it.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:45 PM Reply

I will go if Gory goes.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:48 PM Reply

What about New Orleans? Does noone even acknowledge the place of drinking partying?

BBS Signature
MoonCraft
MoonCraft
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 08:43 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: This is going to be a lot more complicated than you think it'll be, and you also need to prepare for backup plans in case of inclement weather. I don't see this lasting a week, to be honest.

Those that can make the week deal can get together and figure things out for themselves. Then we dedicate a solid day or two for anyone else that just wants to meet up and pal around with other members for a little. There is a hell of a lot to do in the immediate area that isn't a money pit.

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 08:43 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: This is going to be a lot more complicated than you think it'll be, and you also need to prepare for backup plans in case of inclement weather. I don't see this lasting a week, to be honest.

I'm presently undecided, but if I end up getting enough time off + enough disposable income, I'll think about it.

It's not complicated at all. I don't think I've ever heard of a plane being severely delayed in the middle of April.

It's easy to plan. I make my living on planned traveling. Hello, I'm a travel agent.

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 09:02 PM, Shauna wrote: It's not complicated at all. I don't think I've ever heard of a plane being severely delayed in the middle of April.

You have to prepare for it in any case. It's a must.

It's easy to plan. I make my living on planned traveling. Hello, I'm a travel agent.

Planned traveling is a bit different for most NG meets though. I looked into your suggestions and they are on the a bit on the more expensive and touristy side for most people here. They can potentially be worked out, but a lot of people (myself included) will be on a strict budget. Keep that in mind before you decide whether or not to proceed with this. And always have a backup plan for indoor alternatives to any planned outdoor activities in case the weather becomes an issue, and it has been an issue for me in the past. Florida weather isn't known to be good for the most part.

Also, if there are any hookah bars, karaoke bars or bowling alleys in the area, that's important to know. Don't leave those out.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
FluffyAxe
FluffyAxe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:12 PM Reply

I've always wanted to go to a NG meetup, but I think I'll wait until it comes near where I live.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Good idea.
I won't be there. Too expensive for me. But I'm doing you all a favor because anyone rooming with me would get no sleep over my snoring.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

Hmmm maybe if it was in California. I could possibly make it to that. Who knows.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Slacker013
Slacker013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Walt Disney World Meet-up Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

Let me just say... Orlando is a total shit hole. A total tourist trap... bring cyanide!

Once upon a time...
I thought of having a flashy signature, with cookies, but I've decided against it. So, I'm simply offering free cake to make up for the lack of cookies...