Be a Supporter!

Grow up nostalgia fags

  • 4,206 Views
  • 62 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

You don't understand.

Everyone has nostalgia on their childhood. Everyone thinks everything was better from their childhood.

All the 90's kids have grown up and with computers and social networks, they're all sharing a unified feeling of nostalgia of their childhood.

But you can fuck right off. The 90's was the greatest time period for television and movies for kids. Fuck you, nothing beats Lion King, Land Before Time, Brave Little Toaster, Labyrinth, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Beauty and the Beast, Never Ending Story, Water Girl, Power Rangers, Rugrats, Ahhh! Real Monsters, So Weird, Bonkers, A Goofy Movie, Babe, Susie Q, Darkwing Duck, The Little Mermaid, want me to keep going? I can.

Grow up nostalgia fags


Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 7/7/12 11:59 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 7/7/12 11:55 PM, Xenomit wrote: Even if it was a phase, I can still tell them that what their doing/ thinking is a bit rediculous
You can tell them what YOU think is ridiculous. But quite frankly, and somewhat unfortunately your opinion will mean diddly shit as long as you have a fetish that isn't widely accepted. Let people do their own thing and they'll let you do your, but once you start being a penis then you've opened yourself up to criticism and ridicule.

Ridiculous might have been a mistake on my end, but all opinions aside, loony toons style animation is in the past.

I guess by ridiculous, I meant that it's pretty stupid for someone to not like a show because the animation style isn't their favorite


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 12:08 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 12:02 AM, Xenomit wrote: Ridiculous might have been a mistake on my end, but all opinions aside, loony toons style animation is in the past.

I guess by ridiculous, I meant that it's pretty stupid for someone to not like a show because the animation style isn't their favorite

See, when you clarify what you're saying everything changes and it's less of an attack on a group of people, and more people are willing to work with you.

I understand completely what you're saying. There's a lot of issues with that as of recent with all types of shows, but unfortunately from Looney Tunes (as an example) forward, there's going to be that type of response. There will always be haters and nostalgia lovers who will try and tear down certain shows based on whatever they can find. It isn't just the animation style, though.

Personally I feel that what's wrong with today's shows if they're trying to please the fucking mothers of America without putting any signs of smoking or drinking...any violence. Looney Tunes was notorious for all kinds of crazy shit that would NEVER fly in today's society. I just hate the level of censorship we've reached.


Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 03:04 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 12:10 AM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 7/8/12 12:02 AM, tarahloveshentai wrote: All the 90's kids have grown up and with computers and social networks,
i didn't have any of that until i was a teenager

I think you missed the implied comma before the and.

What he means is that with today's computers and social networks people can easily share their nostalgia.

And to OP, the irony of your thread is that people have to grow up first before they can experience nostalgia.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Artist
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 03:07 AM Reply

Nostalgia is denial; the inability to accept reality.

It's currently in vogue for people to harp on about how awesome and great "the nineties" were. Well, I lived right through the nineties and they were fucking shit.

Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM Reply

Fuck Ponies. Grow the fuck up.


Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 03:07 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: It's currently in vogue for people to harp on about how awesome and great "the nineties" were. Well, I lived right through the nineties and they were fucking shit.

I agree - '80s music was better.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 03:57 AM Reply

I understand where you're coming from. I truly do. There are nostalgic people who say that the animation back then was better than today and it is nostalgia. Now when it comes to things such as Tiny Toons Adventures and Animaniacs, yeah animation has improved since then. Animaniacs can still stand up due to its writing and humor, but as far as animation goes it is held back a little, not much, but a little.

Now you brought up the Looney Tunes as an example, in which case I have to disagree with you. That was some stellar animation and is still appreciated by many different animators even to this day. The timing, the pacing, the lighting, everything moves so well and looks amazing. Now I wouldn't say that it is better than animation we have today, although it is better than some animations, at other times it's not.

I'll even use the 90's as an example what is usually used in this case. Looney Tunes animation still stood the test of time and could play well with the other cartoons at this time, it was a better style than that of Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Cow & Chicken, and especially better than Ed, Edd, & Eddy. However Animaniacs animation (although directly inspired) was better than Looney Tunes and so was Batman: The Animated Series animation.

You see how that works? Can it still stand up, absolutely, is it better than what we have nowadays? Yes and No. I would say that Looney Tunes animation and some of the 90's animation surpasses that of cartoon animations such as Johnny Test and Regular Show. However animation from shows such as The Looney Tunes Show and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is really great work in animation.

What makes a cartoon show great though is more than just its animation though.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 04:13 AM Reply

I know this is about TV shows and movies, but since the title is relevant, I will post my opinion on a matter that also have problem with nostalgiafags, Pokemon.
I really hate when teenagers around 18-20 and more talk shit about the new generations of pokemon, the most usual bullshit is "Pokemon isnt original anymore, today's pokemon look unoriginal, not like the first 151."
That really rustle my jimmies. Yes, Gen 4 and 5 has some shitty pokemon (I.E Clink evo. chain, Vanillite evo. chain, Trubbish evo. chain.) But it also has some good pokemon (I.E Hydriegon, Starters, Cofagrigus, and many others.) Also, gen 1 has its own shitty pokemon, examples, Voltorb-Electrode, Grimer-Muk, Magnemite-Magneton.
Also, Pokemon gameplay is way better now than it was then.
Dont confuse me like Im dissing on the old gens. I love the whole pokemon franchise (except the anime. It sucks.)
Im just stating that is stupid to attack new stuff just because you thinks it ruins your "childhood".

Sorry for my rant, but I just had to do it.

inb4 weaboo or any other variation.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 04:24 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 03:57 AM, The-Great-One wrote: What makes a cartoon show great though is more than just its animation though.

I agree

At 7/8/12 04:13 AM, JakeDesuDesu wrote: ... stuff ...
Sorry for my rant, but I just had to do it.

I love pokemon, and I'm not saying that the new stuff is bad at all, but I just can't find the will power to play any of em' after ruby/saphire/emerald

I guess it's just because having 128-bit graphics and a 3d-ish enviroment just doesn't appeal to me

I much prefer the 64-bit graphics of the earlier stuff :3


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

GoodFang
GoodFang
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 05:12 AM Reply

I like remembering my childhood, but I also watch,play,and generally do new stuff.
I like Ed Edd n eddy's animation because it's expressive and crazy, not because it reminds me of my childhood.


This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature
TerraNoctis
TerraNoctis
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 03:10 AM, Alphabetetical wrote: Fuck Ponies. Grow the fuck up.

Relevant.

YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 10:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: Loony toons, the old disney, all those old ass cartoons and animations, are not a superior animation style
It only looks better to you because you hate how much it sucks to grow up, and when you think about how great your childhood was, watching all those wonderful cartoons, you start to think "holy shit dude, it's so much better in every way :O"

Well let's be fair... Looney Toons is superior in animation to some cartoons we have today; have you fucking seen Johnny Test? UGH.

Grow up

Fucking make me.


Gamertag: YenMuffin || Minecraft ID: YenMuffin || Noticing a pattern? Pikachu.

BBS Signature
ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 06:04 PM Reply

I hate old animations mainly because the writing back then sucked dick. Today cartoon writers understand more than just kids watch their show so they sneak in subtle humor that's awesome like adventure time and regular show. Also shows are less afraid to reference actual events so instead "McDoodles" we get McDonalds and I can make an honest connection.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Most of newer cartoons are of a really bad quality. It seems like they're just creating them for the sole purpose of making money.

Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 06:44 PM, Tally1989 wrote: Most of newer cartoons are of a really bad quality. It seems like they're just creating them for the sole purpose of making money.

Its funny because that is the goal of today's producers. Make a remotely good cartoon for kids to obsess over and make their parents buy merchandise.


BBS Signature
johnnyshroom221
johnnyshroom221
  • Member since: Jun. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 10:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: Loony toons, the old disney, all those old ass cartoons and animations, are not a superior animation style

Yes, I do enjoy loony toons, it's simple humor and keeps me giggling, but to say that the actual animation of it is superior in any way is just stupid

It only looks better to you because you hate how much it sucks to grow up, and when you think about how great your childhood was, watching all those wonderful cartoons, you start to think "holy shit dude, it's so much better in every way :O"

Grow up

OP, I don't have to do what you say and I won't. What do you think you are, some sort of psychologist? Why do you think you understand why we (the people who like old stuff better) like think the way we do, and for that matter, how can you assume that we all like old stuff better for the same reason? Why do you have such a problem with others' opinions?

I think the old cartoons are better because there was actually quality in the animation while most (not all) shows today look like they use cheap, shitty animation that newgrounds artists can make better. So I'm going to keep watching my old shows and you can go have fun watching Johnny Test.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 06:04 PM, ih8dude wrote: I hate old animations mainly because the writing back then sucked dick. Today cartoon writers understand more than just kids watch their show so they sneak in subtle humor that's awesome like adventure time and regular show. Also shows are less afraid to reference actual events so instead "McDoodles" we get McDonalds and I can make an honest connection.

I prefer timeless humor in my cartoons. Watching the Pink Panther's antics is twice as entertaining than the LOL RANDOM shit in Adventure Time.

Raab
Raab
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:31 PM Reply

stop making threads.


BBS Signature
reversedan
reversedan
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 11:55 PM, Xenomit wrote: Being a furry has nothing to do with being immature, or nostalgic

If anything, it makes me more mature
It's not a phase idiot, I've been a furry for almost 7 years

dude, you're 14. you are 14. Don't dismiss every cartoon made before the 1990's, that means you're just jealous you didn't grow up with it bro. So relax

Raiespio
Raiespio
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 11:14 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Almost everything on tv is starting to look like flash animation to me.

That's because a lot of it actuallyis.

Anyways, despite all the "nineties kid" nostalgia that surrounds it, Ren and Stimpy had animation that makes everything else look stiff in comparison.


Miracles happen.

BBS Signature
FluffyAxe
FluffyAxe
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

Nostalgia, I almost never have any feelings of it. If I liked something when I was younger and still like it even when it's not as good now, is that nostalgia?

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 10:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: Loony toons, the old disney, all those old ass cartoons and animations, are not a superior animation style

Yes, I do enjoy loony toons, it's simple humor and keeps me giggling, but to say that the actual animation of it is superior in any way is just stupid

It only looks better to you because you hate how much it sucks to grow up, and when you think about how great your childhood was, watching all those wonderful cartoons, you start to think "holy shit dude, it's so much better in every way :O"

Grow up

Dude you have no idea how dumb you just made yourself look. Animators like Texas Avery, Chuck Jones, Disney, and others from the old days perfected the use of animation principles, and truly created lifelike characters that were as funny as they were lovable. The animators who make cartoons you dub "superior" have undoubtedly studied the principles of animation that those "inferior" animators perfected and passed down to the next generation. Even today those principles of animation hold true and serve as a backbone for any true animators technique.

Who are you to say that they are the inferior ones and that others have to grow up?


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Most stuff I still enjoy.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
reversedan
reversedan
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 10:39 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Most stuff I still enjoy.

honestly, ever era/decade of animation has been very VERY good, in my opinion. The pinnacle of animation is spotlighted on kid's shows, since really, cartoons are (at their core) for children. So kids shows have really developed and become very fun to watch, now there's a lot growing into the 3d animation realm, which I really adore. I think that's great stuff. And it's no different than the 30's and old classic toons in terms of quality, because it's all good fun stuff. Ya just gotta love cartoons to, well, love em. lol

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 7/8/12 08:43 PM, reversedan wrote:
At 7/7/12 11:55 PM, Xenomit wrote: Being a furry has nothing to do with being immature, or nostalgic

If anything, it makes me more mature
It's not a phase idiot, I've been a furry for almost 7 years
dude, you're 14. you are 14.

If you want to believe that, then thats ok

I've never told my true age on here, a few weeks ago it was 28

TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 06:24 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 06:20 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: I think it's hilarious how butthurt you are. Why do you care about other people's opinions, especially when they are perfectly viable?

Oh yeah and why hasn't he been banned for using the word 'fag', which is a taboo word on this forum?

Because Im a huge faggot myself

It's like how only back people and very few white people can say niqqa


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 06:52 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 06:47 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: That's not exactly fair... what if somebody who says 'faggot' is gay in reality, but the mod is unaware of that when they ban them? Or do you have to be a huge faggot like you said? Maybe write it in your sig?

"Xenomit is out yiff whore"

If that doesn't make it clear to people that I'm a flaming homosexual faggot, then I don't know what will


TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

Nebula
Nebula
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 07:36 AM Reply

I don't even know why i bother chatting with you people.


Letterboxd/Lecter Crew"Halber Mensch is like the Katamari Damacy of Industrial minus the happy"-BoredLooney. Look at my sig. It's better than Bren's.

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Grow up nostalgia fags Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 07:39 AM Reply

At 7/9/12 07:36 AM, Lady-Stardust wrote: I don't even know why i bother chatting with you people.

Because you love it here.


Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature